The Student Room Group

You can GO BACK IN TIME for ONE hour, where do you go?

As title. You can visit a historical event, meet someone from the past or even go back to a place in your own time line. Only catch is that it's for ONE HOUR, so how do make it worth it and what do you do?

You can be as serious, funny or as creative as you like :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I'd go back in time and meet Immanuel Kant and ask him deep philosophical questions like 'why kant I do this?' and some other things too.
Original post by starlight82
As title. You can visit a historical event, meet someone from the past or even go back to a place in your own time line. Only catch is that it's for ONE HOUR, so how do make it worth it and what do you do?

You can be as serious, funny or as creative as you like :smile:

The senate of Rome after idk actium?
Try not to step on too many butterfly's lmao.
Reply 4
A horse race so I can win some money.
I would go back to the day before my maternal grandad died (which was 18 years ago!) and let him know how the fam was doing.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Seeing the big bang happen.
Go back to the week before my GCSE exams and give myself advice :wink:
Reply 8
i'll go back to 2009, find Michael Jackson and tell him not to do the tour and disguise him and book a ticket to some remote Island and take him to the airport then hug him really hard, thank him for everything, tell him I love him and wish him well then cry and run away back to my 2015 bedroom with the door closed while listening to his new single :redface:
go back to WWI just to experience what the soldiers experienced in order to develop an even more greater understanding and respect for what they went through :redrose:
Original post by balanced
The senate of Rome after idk actium?

Is there a reason why and how would you spend the hour there? :smile:

Original post by kantdothis
I'd go back in time and meet Immanuel Kant and ask him deep philosophical questions like 'why kant I do this?' and some other things too.

Such a profound question :lol:

Original post by TSR Mustafa
Try not to step on too many butterfly's lmao.

I know! I was thinking about this when typing out the OP :rofl: time travel is complicated lol.

Original post by Maker
A horse race so I can win some money.

Why not the lottery, more money involved I think :smile:
Original post by Alrounder79
I would go back to the day before my maternal grandad died (which was 18 years ago!) and let him know how the fam was doing.

That's a sweet sentiment :smile: Were you born when he passed, if you don't mind me asking?

Original post by aamirac
Seeing the big bang happen.

That would be fascinating :ahee:

Original post by SuperHuman98
Go back to the week before my GCSE exams and give myself advice :wink:

Lol, what advice would you give yourself?
Reply 12
Back to my fridge when it was that one bit fuller
Is there a reason why and how would you spend the hour there? :smile:

I would like to see what actually happened in the battle at Actium as not too much is known about what actually happened and what the Roman's view was as it could be seen as a victory by both sides. I'd also like to see Rome and Portus in that hour.
Original post by z33
i'll go back to 2009, find Michael Jackson and tell him not to do the tour and disguise him and book a ticket to some remote Island and take him to the airport then hug him really hard, thank him for everything, tell him I love him and wish him well then cry and run away back to my 2015 bedroom with the door closed while listening to his new single :redface:

You must have been heartbroken when he died :redface: do you feel sad if you listen to his music now?

Original post by CoolCavy
go back to WWI just to experience what the soldiers experienced in order to develop an even more greater understanding and respect for what they went through :redrose:

That's cute, you have a lot of empathy Cavy :hugs:
Back to before I made a Facebook account and not make one.
That's a sweet sentiment :smile: Were you born when he passed, if you don't mind me asking?

I was 3 and have no memory of him. But I know a lot about him from what my mum's told me and I've seen some films he directed/was in and heard some of his songs (he was famous in Bangladesh)!
(edited 8 years ago)
Battle of Agincourt and meeting Henry V

Or I'd get a selfie with Richard III
Reply 18
You must have been heartbroken when he died :redface: do you feel sad if you listen to his music now?

yeah that was like the worst day ****ing ever but he finally escaped the allegations and all the other **** the media was causing for him

well sad songs yeah i do feel sad but I can rock out to You Rock My World and songs like that I can celebrate his life :smile:
Original post by Zuki
Back to my fridge when it was that one bit fuller

:lol:

Original post by balanced
I would like to see what actually happened in the battle at Actium as not too much is known about what actually happened and what the Roman's view was as it could be seen as a victory by both sides. I'd also like to see Rome and Portus in that hour.

That's quite interesting, thank you for expanding :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest