The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bioeng98
Nope, not an international applicant. I think there would be interviews for some subjects, but not for the subject that I am applying for. It says that I have an offer on UCAS track conditional on me achieving A*A in maths and physics, A in further maths, though I have not had an email from Southampton itself yet. I suppose I'll probably be invited to visit Southampton for one of those applicants.

Where have you applied? Which subject(s)?

Applied EEE at
Oxford , Imperial , Southampton , Surrey , Manchester
Got an offer from Manchester for Law last night (AAA) :tongue:
Original post by JamesJones777
Wenn sie nicht nach Oxford gehen, musst du nach Sheffield kommen!

Please ignore my bad German, I haven't spoken it in ages and remember I was awful at it anyway, it would be neat if you came here though :L

If I don't get into Oxford then I'll either go for Sheffield or Edinburgh (if Edinburgh gives me an offer this year that is). I do like the Sheffield course though. And your German was never awful haha! I remember being really suprised at how good you spoke it during interviews last year :P I've probably forgotten all mine now anyway lol.
warwick, kent and uea
Reply 444
Original post by RonnieRJ
I think half this site has offers from Warwick.
And bath sent me an offer at the start of the month so they're really quick.
Exeter is so slow that the only thing I got from them was an acknowledgement??

4 of my friends applied to Exeter last year. 2 of them had A*A*A as grades and predictions and the course was AAA/AAB and exeter waited until end of april to respond with offers for all of them!! leaving it to the last minute!
Reply 445
Ive applied to Swansea, Plymouth, St Georges, Southampton, UWE Bristol (in order of preference haha!) Does anyone know which of those is likely to respond the quickest? Or anyone had a response yet from one of those?
I always wonder why it takes them months to reply.... what do they do in those months!!!! LOL
Original post by pyehol
Ive applied to Swansea, Plymouth, St Georges, Southampton, UWE Bristol (in order of preference haha!) Does anyone know which of those is likely to respond the quickest? Or anyone had a response yet from one of those?
I always wonder why it takes them months to reply.... what do they do in those months!!!! LOL

Read through thousands upon thousands of applications, maybe? :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I sent my UCAS off for German and Spanish on October 12th and applied for:
University of Chester - Offer received on October 13th of BCC
The University of Manchester - Offer received on October 15th of BBB
The University of Nottingham - Offer received on October 26th of ABC/BBB
Lancaster University - Offer received on October 29th of ABB
Herriot-Watt University, Edinburgh - Considering application
Well UCL and Edinburgh don't seem to be rushing anywhere. Linguistics applicant, btw.
The fastest one for me was Kent - they gave me an offer the day after I applied. Then for Oxford Brookes and Manchester I got offers 2 days after applying.
I got an acknowledgement from Bristol, but no contact whatsoever from SOAS yet, hmmm

edit: I sent my UCAS off on the 27th
(edited 8 years ago)
Just got my welcome email from ucas this morning.
Applied for mh nursing at Stirling, dundee, Robert Gordon, LJMU and Northampton.
Already did one degree and ucas this time is even worth every time my email ping goes off!
Anyone had offers/ interviews from any of these?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does the University of Edinburgh send you any emails informing you of the application process after you receive the confirmation email? I sent off a application one week ago and received my confirmation email the following day. Didn't hear anything from them since.
Original post by pingfire7
I got an offer for CompSci at Durham :smile:

Wow, lucky - for Law, we may have to wait until December :frown:
kings college gave me an offer within a week for biochemistry
Original post by pyehol

I got my UWE offer in 6 days! Don't know about the others though
Applied to Lancaster, Bristol, Edinburgh, Manchester and Queen's on the 27th...impatiently waiting for offers now!
it's been a week now and I've had 0 offers, sick of waiting for some sort of response!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pottermad_
it's been a week now and I've had 0 offers, sick of waiting for some sort of response!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same..all my friends have gotten at least 2 offers and I'm here like...'hello' I do exist yano :/ :dontknow: it doesn't help because they're all bragging about the fact they have offers. ..

Posted from TSR Mobile
3/5 now, just had an offer from Nottingham Trent for history which if I firm becomes unconditional..although this is my last choice.
Original post by pottermad_

Me too, sent off my application a week ago and heard nothing from them. Freaking me out.

Latest

Trending

Trending