The Student Room Group

You can GO BACK IN TIME for ONE hour, where do you go?

Scroll to see replies

I'd travel back to 1940 for the birthday treat of witnessing Churchill's 'We Shall Fight on the Beaches' speech in Parliament.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Back to before I made a Facebook account and not make one.

Why, are you addicted or..? :smile:

Original post by Alrounder79
I was 3 and have no memory of him. But I know a lot about him from what my mum's told me and I've seen some films he directed/was in and heard some of his songs (he was famous in Bangladesh)!

That's amazing, it must be nice to look through the films and watch him act in them :ahee: he was a singer too? Very talented.

Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
Battle of Agincourt and meeting Henry V

Or I'd get a selfie with Richard III

Can I ask why that particular moment in history? And why Henry V, what would you do for the hour you met him? :smile:

Original post by z33
yeah that was like the worst day ****ing ever but he finally escaped the allegations and all the other **** the media was causing for him

well sad songs yeah i do feel sad but I can rock out to You Rock My World and songs like that I can celebrate his life :smile:

It's a shame he got so much negative press in his life, he couldn't catch a break :frown: Aww yes, celebrating his life is the way to go :smile:
Original post by a noble chance
I'd travel back to 1940 for the birthday treat of witnessing Churchill's 'We Shall Fight on the Beaches' speech in Parliament.

Birthday treat?
Find out the lottery results of a particular day
Buy lottery ticket, when going back in time
Profit.
Original post by The_Internet
Find out the lottery results of a particular day
Buy lottery ticket, when going back in time
Profit.

:rofl:

Wouldn't you be tempted to go back to some place historical and meet a famous person? :smile:
Reply 25
You really don't want people to misread the text with them capital letters

I've always wanted to go to medieval Britain to see the shock on their faces of a black man, probably for the first time, speaking English (If they speak Latin I'm screwed :s-smilie:) and to also just inform them of what has happened in the future :tongue: Spoiler alert for them
Original post by starlight82
:rofl:

Wouldn't you be tempted to go back to some place historical and meet a famous person? :smile:

Yah, but you only gave me a single hour! Besides, being a non white guy in say... 17th century England perhaps isn't the best place to be! Nor is it a good place to be in what was then India, when I barely understand the language :biggrin:
Administer oestrogen supplements to Alois Hitler (Schicklgruber). And then shave his moustache as a souvenir.
(edited 8 years ago)

That's amazing, it must be nice to look through the films and watch him act in them :ahee: he was a singer too? Very talented.

Nice but get's me emotional tbh. But yeah, so talented. He was a poet, singer, songwriter, actor and director. And definitely passed some talent onto his children.
Go back to the biggest lottery ever paid out, with the numbers from the future memorised ofc, and win it.

Can I ask why that particular moment in history? And why Henry V, what would you do for the hour you met him? :smile:

1) I've always wanted to witness one of the most iconic battles in medieval history
2) Henry V was IMO one of the greatest British monarchs and he's done some truly amazing things. He was determined to regain the lands in France held by his ancestors and he laid claim to the French throne. He captured the port of Harfleur and on 25 October 1415, he even defeated the French at the Battle of Agincourt.

So he was pretty cool. I'd love to ask him how he does it.
I'd go back in time to the room of awesome genius's parents whilst they were conceiving him.
I'd go back about 1 minute ago when my past version of myself is just about to go back. Then eventually he would go back in time to the past version of himself and start an endless string of myself going back.
That's a sweet sentiment :smile: Were you born when he passed, if you don't mind me asking?

That would be fascinating :ahee:

Lol, what advice would you give yourself?

tell myself what is going to come up in each exam,general advice,tell myself the tricky questions that come
Original post by ChocolateCosmos
Administer oestrogen supplements to Alois Hitler (Schicklgruber). And then shave his moustache as a souvenir.

I saw you change your answer, both made me laugh :rofl:

Original post by Alrounder79
Nice but get's me emotional tbh. But yeah, so talented. He was a poet, singer, songwriter, actor and director. And definitely passed some talent onto his children.

Ahh that's nice, are you interested in those areas too?

Original post by SeanDaMan
Go back to the biggest lottery ever paid out, with the numbers from the future memorised ofc, and win it.

Apart from that, would you be tempted to go back in time to meet anyone famous or witness a particularly famous historical point in time? :smile:
Straight back to the womb so i don't have to deal with the horrors of this world
Original post by LeyK
You really don't want people to misread the text with them capital letters

I've always wanted to go to medieval Britain to see the shock on their faces of a black man, probably for the first time, speaking English (If they speak Latin I'm screwed :s-smilie:) and to also just inform them of what has happened in the future :tongue: Spoiler alert for them

The capitals letters were to catch your eye, LeyK and it has worked lol :wink: I like your answer, they would be dumb-founded :lol:

Original post by The_Internet
Yah, but you only gave me a single hour! Besides, being a non white guy in say... 17th century England perhaps isn't the best place to be! Nor is it a good place to be in what was then India, when I barely understand the language :biggrin:

An hour is all you get :u: You're right, it would be difficult to go back that far back lol, better stick to de monies then :biggrin:
As title. You can visit a historical event, meet someone from the past or even go back to a place in your own time line. Only catch is that it's for ONE HOUR, so how do make it worth it and what do you do?

You can be as serious, funny or as creative as you like :smile:

Observing myself at a random time around the age of 6 playing outside where my childhood home is with all my childhood friends
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
I'd go back in time to the room of awesome genius's parents whilst they were conceiving him.

Perv!!!!
Original post by Awesome Genius
Perv!!!!
Watching them isn't really my intention actually...

Quick Reply

Latest