The Student Room Group

You can GO BACK IN TIME for ONE hour, where do you go?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
1) I've always wanted to witness one of the most iconic battles in medieval history
2) Henry V was IMO one of the greatest British monarchs and he's done some truly amazing things. He was determined to regain the lands in France held by his ancestors and he laid claim to the French throne. He captured the port of Harfleur and on 25 October 1415, he even defeated the French at the Battle of Agincourt.

So he was pretty cool. I'd love to ask him how he does it.

Thank you for expanding, I love your enthusiasm for history. I don't know much myself but reading your post makes me want to know more :smile:

Original post by Bupdeeboowah
I'd go back in time to the room of awesome genius's parents whilst they were conceiving him.

Why? :rofl:

Original post by maninblack00
I'd go back about 1 minute ago when my past version of myself is just about to go back. Then eventually he would go back in time to the past version of himself and start an endless string of myself going back.

This makes my head hurt :lol:
Original post by ermahgerd11
Straight back to the womb so i don't have to deal with the horrors of this world

It'd only be for an hour :redface: but I understand where you're coming from, it's a cruel world :frown:

Original post by ImNotReallyMe
Observing myself at a random time around the age of 6 playing outside where my childhood home is with all my childhood friends

To reminisce of old times? :smile:
Reply 42
go back in time to give the atom bomb to Guy Fawkes
Original post by starlight82
Why? :rofl:
Not to watch them, no; there's far enough things on the internet to disgust me. Rather, my intentions are to interrupt them.
(edited 8 years ago)
It'd only be for an hour :redface: but I understand where you're coming from, it's a cruel world :frown:

To reminisce of old times? :smile:

An hour to take a break from it all. Sounds good enough to me
Original post by The_Internet
Find out the lottery results of a particular day
Buy lottery ticket, when going back in time
Profit.

Can you buy a lottery ticket and collect winnings within one hour? I thought it took longer.
To some time in my early childhood and I would spend a gentle hour with my late father walking as we once did through the dancing fields and magic forests of my youth. Perhaps we could find time to sit a while by the old tractor that stood as a monument to our perfect picnic clearing and laugh in chorus into the same ageless wind that would later carry his ashes beyond this life. Something like that.
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
Watching them isn't really my intention actually...

You leave my mum alone! She's a one guy gal!

Ahh that's nice, are you interested in those areas too?

Have grade 5 in piano purely for Uni application and play guitar as a hobby :smile:
1974, I want to **** David Bowie
There are two specific half hour slots I can think of, can I have that? One to ensure avoidance of a conflict with someone who became an enemy and a nightmare ever since. And one seizing upon a time and paying attention to someone when we needed one another.
Ancient Rome
I'd go back one hour to that brief like beautiful moment when my professor stepped out the room, so I could cheat.
Original post by GOKU27

You want to blow up the Parliament?

Original post by ByronicHero
To some time in my early childhood and I would spend a gentle hour with my late father walking as we once did through the dancing fields and magic forests of my youth. Perhaps we could find time to sit a while by the old tractor that stood as a monument to our perfect picnic clearing and laugh in chorus into the same ageless wind that would later carry his ashes beyond this life. Something like that.

That was beautiful :colondollar:

Original post by Awesome Genius
You leave my mum alone! She's a one guy gal!

Is this banter between you two or does he really dislike you? :s-smilie:

Original post by Alrounder79
Have grade 5 in piano purely for Uni application and play guitar as a hobby :smile:

I'm jealous, you sound talented :smile:

Original post by Odd socks
1974, I want to **** David Bowie

Nice :sexface:
Good its just for one hour. Probably catch some nasty stuff back in the good old days.

Can't think of any time or place worth going back to, really :/
I would go to the day when John F. Kennedy was assassinated so that I could tell the police/FBI that there is a gunman and that they need to look for him before he shoots. Hopefully they don't think I'm an idiot!
You want to blow up the Parliament?

That was beautiful :colondollar:

Is this banter between you two or does he really dislike you? :s-smilie:

I'm jealous, you sound talented :smile:

Nice :sexface:

Reply 57
id go back to when adam ate the cursed apple and stop him from doing so :smile:))))))))))))))))))))))
Original post by GOKU27

Why?
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
There are two specific half hour slots I can think of, can I have that? One to ensure avoidance of a conflict with someone who became an enemy and a nightmare ever since. And one seizing upon a time and paying attention to someone when we needed one another.

I'm feeling kind so sure :ahee: is there a way to resolve this conflict with this person? :frown: which of the two matters to you the most, if you don't mind me asking :redface:

Original post by Imperion
Ancient Rome

Why that period in history, what will do you and is there anyone you'd like to meet/anything you'd like to see? Remember, you have an hour :smile:

Original post by Mal Baadshah
I'd go back one hour to that brief like beautiful moment when my professor stepped out the room, so I could cheat.

Tut tut :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest