The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't know if this has probably already been asked but does anyone know how much emphasis Oxford put on the LNAT relative to other aspects of the application in terms of invitation for interview?
Thanks so much for such a detailed reply, that's great help! The LNAT is such an abstract test it's hard to know how it went to be honest, I did it in early October! But my GCSEs are pretty strong so hopefully if I didn't do as well as I'd have liked it will offset it a tad! :smile: I applied to LMH, so I will have a dig around in their stats. Best of luck with your application and your HAT too, fingers crossed :biggrin:
I find it ridiculous that we can't be given our LNAT scores as soon as we finish or at least two weeks/a month after. It's not fair that depending when you take it you could wait >3 months or <2 weeks.

I'm dying to know how I did, I didn't do any practice tests beforehand so I don't even have a guess. I thought it went well, but seeing that getting "only" 10 wrong is seen as a miracle I must be overestimating my performance.
Original post by sebklaine
I find it ridiculous that we can't be given our LNAT scores as soon as we finish or at least two weeks/a month after. It's not fair that depending when you take it you could wait >3 months or <2 weeks.

I'm dying to know how I did, I didn't do any practice tests beforehand so I don't even have a guess. I thought it went well, but seeing that getting "only" 10 wrong is seen as a miracle I must be overestimating my performance.

Pftt everyone elses admission test scores are only released (if your request it) in January so:u:
Original post by Eux
Pftt everyone elses admission test scores are only released (if your request it) in January so:u:

Really? Medics have it really good then XD we get our UKCAT scores straight after finishing and we get our BMAT scores on the 25th of November :wink:
Original post by thechemistress
Really? Medics have it really good then XD we get our UKCAT scores straight after finishing and we get our BMAT scores on the 25th of November :wink:

Haha luck you!
Is anyone else really worried for the BMAT? I want to do well but I don't think it's going to go that way haha! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3927
Original post by emem2011
Is anyone else really worried for the BMAT? I want to do well but I don't think it's going to go that way haha! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Try not to stress about it! I'm also a medic and I'm worried (I've applied to 2 BMAT unis), but just try your hardest, that's the best you can do
Original post by emem2011

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm so worried!! my marks fluctuate so much as well, sometimes I'm getting 4s (so bad i know) and sometimes I get 6s :frown: I have no idea how I'm doing section 3-wise either :/ how's your prep going?
BMAT students, you guys are also slowly giving up on the test ? :')
Yeah, I have done. I sent mine off by post and I'm also doubting whether I've done everything right and whether they'll even get it :tongue:
LOL. Feel for those current students/alumni who get zillions of PMs as well as these questions :wink:

Annoying as it can get, there is a LOT of bad information put out there, mostly by the media but also by fellow applicants. It's understandable that people get confused and insecure! :yes:
Original post by thehollowcrown
Any Brasenose History applicants?:smile:

Yep....History Ancient and Modern.
Original post by Oxfordmist

coooool...I know someone who does that course :smile:
Do they enjoy it?
Just started to practice some HAT papers...I work well under pressure haha!
I work well under pressure haha!

You too ? I had to push myself to start practicing last week ! Studying for the ELAT and MLAT though :smile:
Do they enjoy it?
Just started to practice some HAT papers...I work well under pressure haha!

Same, but not when the exam is this close. I started studying really hard for PAT since September and I'm really glad I have at least Section A in the bag :biggrin:

Fab, I'm applying for Ancient History & Arch at Brasenose as well :smile:
Original post by tamara98
You too ? I had to push myself to start practicing last week ! Studying for the ELAT and MLAT though :smile:

I know exactly what you mean, I had to really push myself too.
Good luck with the ELAT and MLAT!
Original post by hermionegrangcr
Same, but not when the exam is this close. I started studying really hard for PAT since September and I'm really glad I have at least Section A in the bag :biggrin:

Cool!
And good luck for the PAT

Latest

Trending

Trending