The Student Room Group

You can GO BACK IN TIME for ONE hour, where do you go?

Scroll to see replies

College enrolment day 2 months ago where I picked my a level options :colondollar:
Original post by starlight82
I'm feeling kind so sure :ahee: is there a way to resolve this conflict with this person? :frown: which of the two matters to you the most, if you don't mind me asking :redface:

Don't mind at all. No she's a sociopath. The second is more important, would rather focus on someone who was special to me.
Original post by hellodave5
Good its just for one hour. Probably catch some nasty stuff back in the good old days.

Can't think of any time or place worth going back to, really :/

What nasty stuff? :lol:

Original post by Bubblewrap167
I would go to the day when John F. Kennedy was assassinated so that I could tell the police/FBI that there is a gunman and that they need to look for him before he shoots. Hopefully they don't think I'm an idiot!

They would probably suspect you first and hold you in for questioning for the whole hour :frown: would you also want to meet JFK and why did you choose this moment in history more than others? :smile:

Original post by Ezio.
id go back to when adam ate the cursed apple and stop him from doing so :smile:))))))))))))))))))))))

Adam, as in Adam and Eve? I thought it was Eve that ate the apple? :curious:
Birthday treat?

The speech was given on my birthday
I would go back in time to meet Napoleon, to see what drove him, really.

In high school we had to write an essay about Napoleon, and my history teacher basically thought I was a psycho, because I didn't fully condemn him for his actions after the revolution. I've always thought there was more to him than a megalomaniac, and some books I have read since do seem to show a more contemplative, philosophical side. So, was he a jerk who deserves full condemnation, or wasn't he? Would be interesting to find out, much as could be found out in an hour.
Original post by LillyFaye
College enrolment day 2 months ago where I picked my a level options :colondollar:

Do you regret your choices? :frown:

Original post by SaucissonSecCy
Don't mind at all. No she's a sociopath. The second is more important, would rather focus on someone who was special to me.

Oh, I see. I'd agree it's better to focus more on loved ones than haters, although I'm sorry you have someone like that in your life. Thank you for explaining :smile:
Do you regret your choices? :frown:

Oh, I see. I'd agree it's better to focus more on loved ones than haters, although I'm sorry you have someone like that in your life. Thank you for explaining :smile:

For sure! I let people influence me and my decisions instead of picking what I enjoyed the most and what would make me happy :frown:
1885. The Doc's alive!
This is really difficult, you know. But I'll definitely go back to the day in May that I took my Chemistry AS practical paper - even two raw marks more and I'd have got an A, thus increased my chances at Oxford/Imperial :redface:
i'd go back in time to stop my parent's from conceiving me, therefore preventing my existence :biggrin: problem solved.

Why that period in history, what will do you and is there anyone you'd like to meet/anything you'd like to see? Remember, you have an hour :smile:

1. Be a gladiator
2. Julius Caesar
As title. You can visit a historical event, meet someone from the past or even go back to a place in your own time line. Only catch is that it's for ONE HOUR, so how do make it worth it and what do you do?

You can be as serious, funny or as creative as you like :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yayy,your threads are back! :smile:
Reply 72
Meet Isaac Newton and have him tutor me for a minute.
Reply 73

They would probably suspect you first and hold you in for questioning for the whole hour :frown: would you also want to meet JFK and why did you choose this moment in history more than others? :smile:

well they both bit it sooo lol
Reply 74
Original post by samina_ay
i'd go back in time to stop my parent's from conceiving me, therefore preventing my existence :biggrin: problem solved.

you went so deep I can't even see you:driver:

Well depends where you're sleeping :h:
Original post by Ezio.
you went so deep I can't even see you:driver:

haha
Reply 77
Rather selfishly, I'd most likely use it for either personal betterment or to simply experience something amazing. Deciding which one is something too difficult for me to think about for now, but I'll narrow it down to a few options. Off the top of my head: I could spend an hour with Christopher Hitchens, chatting over a few glasses of scotch; meet Bertrand Russell; watch Queen play at Live Aid 1985; witness Alan Turing's computer being built, and obviously the whole lottery thing, although I see that as a wasted opportunity with such an extraordinary power at my disposal as time travel.

If I were to attempt to make the world a better place, I'd have to first consult a historian. I don't know enough about history myself to know where I could make the most beneficial change in an hour. I'd also be a bit scared of how things would change. The butterfly effect is something that would constantly be on my mind, so making any changes that aren't fairly recent would probably be out of the question. As much as I believe Islam to be akin to a malignant tumor on society which should be cut off, I can't be certain another barbaric war lord wouldn't take Muhammad's place in Islam if I were to stop him from being born, or simply another just as violent religion.

Overall, I'd probably end up overthinking things and use the power to give my younger self advice. Namely to do with the pursuit of knowledge and my interests, as it took me until I was around 16 to discover something that I could be passionate about. I'd also tell my younger self to tell/write letters to anyone I admired, as I regret not doing so while these people were still in my life/alive, as well as all the general advice one would give to their younger self: study harder at school, take advantage of your youth to make as many mistakes and ask as many questions as possible, etc.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ChocolateCosmos
Administer oestrogen supplements to Alois Hitler (Schicklgruber). And then shave his moustache as a souvenir.

Yeah I was thinking along these lines. I would hide under his bed then yank his knob out as he reaches the vinegar strokes, spraying Mrs H like a painter's radio. The little Adolf sperm would die on the bedsheets while I grin into Alois's astonished face, then disappear instantly back to my own time.

I only hope there isn't another even more evil sperm lurking in those balls somewhere. The world I return to could be even worse: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Sound_of_Thunder
would go back to see the birth of the first dank meme, such a historic event

Quick Reply

Latest