The Student Room Group

The torture of waiting for emails..

Since trying to sort out a work placement I feel like I've spent the past month waiting for emails.. I even had someone over the phone say they'll take me but because they haven't replied to my cv email (sent yesterday ) I'm dying of anticipation...

Is anyone else wasting their life refreshing their inbox?
Reply 1
Original post by Hevachan
Since trying to sort out a work placement I feel like I've spent the past month waiting for emails.. I even had someone over the phone say they'll take me but because they haven't replied to my cv email (sent yesterday ) I'm dying of anticipation...

Don't worry, just be patient. Administration takes time. As you already have a verbal confirmation, I am sure they will send you an email soon. :smile:

I've applied to a very competitive course at university and I just check my email twice a day really. :smile: Once in the morning and once before going to bed at night. Any more frequent and I'll just be wasting time as far as I'm concerned.

I know how you feel- waiting isn't usually an easy option but just try to be as patient as you can and I'm sure they'll get back to you soon enough :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Hydeman
I've applied to a very competitive course at university and I just check my email twice a day really. :smile: Once in the morning and once before going to bed at night. Any more frequent and I'll just be wasting time as far as I'm concerned.

Wow how do you do that? I must have checked at least 30 times today!
Reply 5
Original post by Vanny17
Don't worry, just be patient. Administration takes time. As you already have a verbal confirmation, I am sure they will send you an email soon. :smile:

Thank you ^^ i hope so... im worried because I've gone against tye university system and contacted them directly, rather than wait until November and apply through the vacancy board (and risk someone else getting it first). I'm waiting for an email from the university to find out if it'll be a problem as well D:
Reply 6
Original post by harmony_x
I know how you feel- waiting isn't usually an easy option but just try to be as patient as you can and I'm sure they'll get back to you soon enough :smile:

Patience is really tough but ill do my best ^^ thanks
If it makes any difference, I was going to do a placement then decided not to because, working in a lab for a year isn't exactly useful for doing a career as a secondary school science teacher... =l
Although, I will likely be in the same position as you this time next year applying for my PGCE... D=
Reply 9
Original post by Scienceisgood
Although, I will likely be in the same position as you this time next year applying for my PGCE... D=

Keep well I hope you have more self control than me D: having an app notifying you of emails sounds like a good idea but it's not :') because you're aware of the lack of emails..
Wow how do you do that? I must have checked at least 30 times today!

I do worry a lot from time to time because I feel that my personal statement is utter crap but, ultimately, I know that worrying isn't going to influence the outcome of it. What's done is done. :smile:

Besides, I have an important exam coming up which does have the potential to influence the outcome so that helps me stay off the things that don't. :biggrin:
Reply 11
Original post by Hydeman
I do worry a lot from time to time because I feel that my personal statement is utter crap but, ultimately, I know that worrying isn't going to influence the outcome of it. What's done is done. :smile:

Besides, I have an important exam coming up which does have the potential to influence the outcome so that helps me stay off the things that don't. :biggrin:

Haha fair enough :smile: good thinking!
I'm sure your statement is great BTW ^^ good luck!
Haha fair enough :smile: good thinking!
I'm sure your statement is great BTW ^^ good luck!

Good luck to you too! :smile:
Thank you ^^ i hope so... im worried because I've gone against tye university system and contacted them directly, rather than wait until November and apply through the vacancy board (and risk someone else getting it first). I'm waiting for an email from the university to find out if it'll be a problem as well D:

You're welcome. :smile:. Well, applying before anyone else won't be a disadvantage, it just means that you took the initiative to apply to get the work experience. I don't think the University would think of it in a negative way. Relax and hope for the best! :biggrin:
I feel your pain. I waited all day to get an invoice approved by my client only for them to ring me at 5 to tell me I will have it by Monday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by DiddyDec
I feel your pain. I waited all day to get an invoice approved by my client only for them to ring me at 5 to tell me I will have it by Monday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh lame xD at least they let you know
Ohh lame xD at least they let you know

Unfortunately it was too little too late. I needed it approved today so I could could get it onto this month's figures which now means we have not hit the billing target. The worst thing is I sent it to them a week ago and only now they tell me they can't do it. But that is side effect of working for the client.
Reply 17
Original post by DiddyDec
Unfortunately it was too little too late. I needed it approved today so I could could get it onto this month's figures which now means we have not hit the billing target. The worst thing is I sent it to them a week ago and only now they tell me they can't do it. But that is side effect of working for the client.

Oh dear >< how frustrating!!

Quick Reply

Latest