The Student Room Group

AS Level exams

i think i failed my AS level maths exams. the exams were difficult. everyone in my school agrees with me but students from another school say it was easy. how come ? im now stressed and confused
I didn't do the exam but what really pisses me off is when people describe an exam as 'easy', when it clearly isn't, you just personally found it easy. Ignore them and don't let them think you didn't do well just because you didn't think it was easy.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by tc32
i think i failed my AS level maths exams. the exams were difficult. everyone in my school agrees with me but students from another school say it was easy. how come ? im now stressed and confused

Don't worry too much; there's nothing you can do now. They may be lying to make themselves look smart or they may have misunderstood the questions. In any case, feeling like an exam went easily or hard doesn't necessarily mean it went well or badly.
Original post by LillyFaye
I didn't do the exam but what really pisses me off is when people describe an exam as 'easy', when it clearly ****ing isn't, you just personally found it easy. Ignore them and don't let them think you didn't do well just because you didn't think it was easy.

What if the exam is easy? I had one today that I thought was easy, but maybe it wasn't for most people. I also had one a few weeks ago that was definitely easy. There's a clear distinction.
Original post by morgan8002
Don't worry too much; there's nothing you can do now. They may be lying to make themselves look smart or they may have misunderstood the questions. In any case, feeling like an exam went easily or hard doesn't necessarily mean it went well or badly.

What if the exam is easy? I had one today that I thought was easy, but maybe it wasn't for most people. I also had one a few weeks ago that was definitely easy. There's a clear distinction.

But easy to you isn't easy for everyone. Exams aren't made to be easy.
Give yourself a break for a bit after the exams, and then focus on doing well for your next set of exams. :h:

Relatively speaking though, some exams are easier than others, otherwise there would be no need for UMS calculations.

As OrionMusicNet said, some exams are easier than others.
Reply 7
wait what exam 0_0 there's exams at this time of year? :eek:

don't worry i know a few people who said an exam was easy and got Us haha how would you know if you got an answer right or wrong if there's no mark scheme out? especially for maths

don't worry, you've got retakes and it'll be fine take this as a practice/ wake up call! don't worry about it too much :smile:
I'm sure you did fine but even if you get a U it's okay because it's only october omg it's November almost?! but yeah it's still super early don't put yourself down just keep practicing!
Original post by z33
wait what exam 0_0 there's exams at this time of year? :eek:

don't worry i know a few people who said an exam was easy and got Us haha how would you know if you got an answer right or wrong if there's no mark scheme out? especially for maths

don't worry, you've got retakes and it'll be fine take this as a practice/ wake up call! don't worry about it too much :smile:
I'm sure you did fine but even if you get a U it's okay because it's only october omg it's November almost?! but yeah it's still super early don't put yourself down just keep practicing!

If you have done a lot of revision / past papers, it can be quite easy to tell if you have done well. Depends on the person though, as some people aren't very good at predicting their results.
Reply 9
Original post by OrionMusicNet
If you have done a lot of revision / past papers, it can be quite easy to tell if you have done well. Depends on the person though, as some people aren't very good at predicting their results.

hmmm yeah can't argue with the past papers but some people come out thinking they've done better than they have probably cos of the wordings of the questions or something rather than lack of knowledge
Original post by z33
hmmm yeah can't argue with the past papers but some people come out thinking they've done better than they have probably cos of the wordings of the questions or something rather than lack of knowledge

Yeah, that's very true.
its October dude no exams then

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending