The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pottermad_
it's been a week now and I've had 0 offers, sick of waiting for some sort of response!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's alright, I applied nearly 3 weeks ago - on the 11th of October - and still nothing. All of my friends have at least one offer/interview and I'm just sitting there wondering when it will be my turn :/
Original post by awesomewarsome
I applied to Cambridge, LSE, SOAS, and Queen Mary's.
I got AABB at AS and predicted A*AA

Don't worry at all, it takes time for applications to get processed, especially for competitive courses such as IR, Kings isnt one of those unis that hoard applications until everyones is in, unlike lse ugh

Yayyyy! We made your top 5!

Hi @awesomewarsome and @pizzad0gs

Nice to see you're both interested in SOAS. I'm Mike, just thought I'd drop in and say hello and let you know that we have a 2016 Application Thread where you can stop by, say hello, ask some questions, tell some jokes, or just be awesome :crown:

We just upgraded our system, so we have just started sending out confirmation emails this week. Don't worry if you haven't received any as of yet. The most important one you should get is from UCAS. If you got one from them us, then rest assure, we have received it! Lol.

It does take time to process applications as it goes through 2 or 3 steps, but don't worry, we are on it! Hopefully you'll get your response within 4 weeks, but chances are it'll be faster. My advice, sit back and relax. The hard work is over. Celebrate Halloween (my favourite holiday) and enjoy the last few months of A levels. You worked hard, you might as well enjoy it! Feel free to ask me any questions about SOAS by PM-ing me or on our Application Thread. :banana2:

~Mike
I just got an offer from KCL to read English. I sent my application off on 14th Oct but only got the confirmation email yesterday and an offer a few hours later.

Still waiting to hear from Oxford, Warwick, UCL and QMUL
Original post by duckd0nald
I finally got an offer from Warwick.

TWO WEEKS after I sent my application off.

Which course did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pyehol
4 of my friends applied to Exeter last year. 2 of them had A*A*A as grades and predictions and the course was AAA/AAB and exeter waited until end of april to respond with offers for all of them!! leaving it to the last minute!

Yeah exactly my predicted are exceeding the entry requirements by about 5 grades but you know I'll wait hahaha
Southampton is amazing. I have an offer within two weeks for MEng Civil/Environmental Engineering!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AlohaCharlotte
I agree, like god damn it just tell me if I'm good enough for you or not

omg yes totally agree with you .. Heard from any university?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 467
I had offers from Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield and Exeter within 2 weeks of sending off my application - offers seem to be coming in very early at my school!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by theonetruequeen
Southampton is amazing. I have an offer within two weeks for MEng Civil/Environmental Engineering!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you an international applicant ?
Original post by RonnieRJ
Yeah exactly my predicted are exceeding the entry requirements by about 5 grades but you know I'll wait hahaha

Hahahahah +1

It annoys me so much. My predicted grades are 7 grades + another subject above the entry requirement for Manchester, yet they're still asking me to interview... -_- Takes me about 6 hours to get there, and it's at 11 in the morning... Just give me an offer or reject me lmao
Original post by kind3110
Are you an international applicant ?

Yup!
Just got an offer from Bristol - AYYOoo :dancing2:
They got back to me relatively fast- I think about a week after my application's been sent.
Is it weird though that it appeared on Track but I haven't had THE email from Bristol?
Original post by Horcrux16
omg yes totally agree with you .. Heard from any university?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes! An offer from liverpool john moors and 2 from liverpool university.
Have an offer from Loughborough and got rejected from York both within a week of sending off the UCAS. Also weirdly enough got a postcard in the post from southampton saying thanks for applying??? Cant complain though at least they are being through.
Original post by Laurenafenete
Have an offer from Loughborough and got rejected from York both within a week of sending off the UCAS. Also weirdly enough got a postcard in the post from southampton saying thanks for applying??? Cant complain though at least they are being through.

I got a postcard from Swansea haha!

I'm sorry you didn't get an offer from York, but well done on receiving one from Loughborough!
Original post by thecatwithnohat
I got a postcard from Swansea haha!

I'm sorry you didn't get an offer from York, but well done on receiving one from Loughborough!

Aww thank you! I knew it would be risky applying to York (applied for physics) and funny enough the rejection notification was round about the same time I happened to be on the York campus, I was visiting a friend.
For me so far,
Kings College - Computer Science : Conditional offer, 3 weeks from when I sent off my application
Queen Mary - Computer Science : Conditional offer, 4 weeks
UCL - EEE with Computer Science : Conditional offer, 4 weeks

Now I'm just waiting on,
UCL - Computer Science
Imperial College - Computing

I have a feeling UCL and Imperial Comp Sci is gonna take a while..

Overall the Computer Science departments across the UK have been quicker than usual this year, Warwick especially

Good luck to all
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TheTechN1304
If I don't get into Oxford then I'll either go for Sheffield or Edinburgh (if Edinburgh gives me an offer this year that is). I do like the Sheffield course though. And your German was never awful haha! I remember being really suprised at how good you spoke it during interviews last year :P I've probably forgotten all mine now anyway lol.

I can honestly say Sheffield is amazing in terms of city and course!
Original post by pizzad0gs
The fastest one for me was Kent - they gave me an offer the day after I applied. Then for Oxford Brookes and Manchester I got offers 2 days after applying.
I got an acknowledgement from Bristol, but no contact whatsoever from SOAS yet, hmmm

edit: I sent my UCAS off on the 27th

Don't worry! I sent mine off on the 14th and it took SOAS like 2 weeks to send me an acknowledgement email.
Original post by darkeeveee
Just got an offer from Bristol - AYYOoo :dancing2:
They got back to me relatively fast- I think about a week after my application's been sent.
Is it weird though that it appeared on Track but I haven't had THE email from Bristol?

Congratulations :smile:
Which course did you apply for?

Yeah I received my email from Southampton a day after it appeared on track

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest