The Student Room Group

Could this work in helping me pull on a night out?

Basically, I'm a 18 year old guy in the first year of uni but I am a virgin and have never even kissed a girl and one of my female flatmates has decided she was going to help me find a girl, whether its a relationship or a one night stand so she is going to take me to clubs and bars and give me some advice on what to do when we get there and what girls like in guys. I am not sure it can work because I can be quite shy but she thinks it is definitely work. Does this sound like it could work in helping me pull and if not why and what advice would you give. Thanks
Erm, no. Societies and sports clubs at uni are better places to find meaningful relationships out of meaningful social situations. If you prefer the night crawl to whet your sexual appetite, go ahead.
Reply 2
Original post by shawn_o1
Erm, no. Societies and sports clubs at uni are better places to find meaningful relationships out of meaningful social situations. If you prefer the night crawl to whet your sexual appetite, go ahead.

The only societies I have joined are practically made up of all guys so I can't find someone at a society.
Reply 3
So, a female dating coach is no bad thing. If you want to get a gf you need to get out and about and push out of your shyness comfort zone little by little. Try joining some clubs which are more female rich too..
Personally, I have had better relationships to guys I've meet in societies and sport teams rather than on a night out. If your shy and not sure how to approach girls don't worry. My first kiss was on a night out and it was awful, while my friend had a boyfriend and they had a more meaningful relationship. I say if you just want a one night stand or kiss on a night out don't always expect a text the next day but if your happy go for it! BTW- tips on how to impress girls (only my opinion) be confident, usually girls like the guy to make the first move BUT don't be cocky!! It's the one thing that puts me straight off.
Plot twist : your flatmate becomes your gf.
Reply 6
Shes got a boyfriend
Don't lose your v to a stranger in a night club, it's just nasty

Original post by shawn_o1

What a load of **** :rofl:

Going out to find girls at sports clubs is plain annoying, the girls might actually be there to play sports. I'm not saying it can't be done and if OP is attractive he will have a better chance of just finding himself having flings wherever he goes.
(edited 8 years ago)
>OP - go out to the club w/ your flat mate and have some fun. She thinks highly enough of you to try and help you so go just for grins. Relax - you're at uni, go out and have fun! You might not get to take a girl home but you might get a kiss and a possible phone number. Sometimes having a girl talk to another girl helps -certainly won't hurt. I say let your flatmate help you out just don't take it too seriously!
Original post by Anonymous
Basically, I'm a 18 year old guy in the first year of uni but I am a virgin and have never even kissed a girl and one of my female flatmates has decided she was going to help me find a girl, whether its a relationship or a one night stand so she is going to take me to clubs and bars and give me some advice on what to do when we get there and what girls like in guys. I am not sure it can work because I can be quite shy but she thinks it is definitely work. Does this sound like it could work in helping me pull and if not why and what advice would you give. Thanks

sport societies and bar crawls on social nights are your way forward lad, good luck :wink:

I think it can work, but you're generally better off getting advice from a guy who is good at pulling. Guys tell you what girls like; girls tell you what they'd like girls to like.

Don't get advice from girls on how to get other girls. This can be perceived as sexist, but it's the truth.

You want to find a guy who is extremely good with picking up girls and seek his help instead.

But in terms of finding a girl, I wouldn't reserve it to clubs and bars. You want to be sober.
Reply 12
Original post by Mankytoes
I think it can work, but you're generally better off getting advice from a guy who is good at pulling. Guys tell you what girls like; girls tell you what they'd like girls to like.

powerful
Reply 13

DONT do it. Just trust me, don't listen to flatmates, lad "banter" or lose it in a nightclub either. Probably the worst advice you could take from anyone. I'm not sure if you're ashamed, or worried about being a virgin? Personally, I am, and I'll be 19 and probably still a virgin when I attend university. It's not a big deal unless you make it one. A girl will decide what she likes in a guy, for herself that is, and only forcefully trying to lose your virginity won't help one bit.

I suggest: Joining societies like others have said, going to the nightclubs and actually having a good time not going out to get laid, because 99% of the time it WONT happen, and relax. I'm sure the right girl will come along, and the rest is history really. But seriously, don't stress about it.
Well I'm 26 and I've only ever pulled twice in a bar or club...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending