The Student Room Group

Graphic Design Portfolio

Hi, I'm french and applying to english universities is all very confusing for me.
I'm making a portfolio on Flickr and they all specified to include up to 20 pieces of my work but what does it mean? 20 projects in which I include the final product and the development or 20 finished pieces without all the thinking behind it?
Also, if I do this : https://www.flickr.com/photos/137429553@N02/22588400616/in/album-72157660127429730/ for example is it okay? Can I put together multiple pieces on one image?
Thank you in advance!
Original post by Melmau
Hi, I'm french and applying to english universities is all very confusing for me.
I'm making a portfolio on Flickr and they all specified to include up to 20 pieces of my work but what does it mean? 20 projects in which I include the final product and the development or 20 finished pieces without all the thinking behind it?
Also, if I do this : https://www.flickr.com/photos/137429553@N02/22588400616/in/album-72157660127429730/ for example is it okay? Can I put together multiple pieces on one image?
Thank you in advance!

it means 20 final pieces of your best work for the course leaders to get a good idea of your capabilities:smile: what universities are you looking to join? I study Graphic Design at Nottingham TrentUniversity and it is an AMAZING course!
Reply 2
Original post by Justmoll28
it means 20 final pieces of your best work for the course leaders to get a good idea of your capabilities:smile: what universities are you looking to join? I study Graphic Design at Nottingham TrentUniversity and it is an AMAZING course!

Thank you so much for your answer it's gonna help a lot! It's just so different here! I've applied to brighton, portsmouth, kingston, central saint martins and chelsea! I'm glad to hear that I already studied graphic design for a year and I can't wait to move to england!
Reply 3

And so, do you think I can do a little montage, like, for example for my photographs, can I do a little montage of multiple photographs I took on the same image?
Original post by Melmau
And so, do you think I can do a little montage, like, for example for my photographs, can I do a little montage of multiple photographs I took on the same image?

yes of course! good luck! i hope you get into somewhere!
Reply 5
yes of course! good luck! i hope you get into somewhere!

Thank you ! Hope you'll keep enjoying it

Quick Reply

Latest