The Student Room Group

Night Shift at Primark

So Ive applied to Primark night shift work, 9pm - 5.30am, £8.17 per hour 40hpw.

Just wondering does anyone here do night shift at primark? (how much is the pay etc)

It says that it is temp (Just needed for xmas period) so I was wondering would they still need night workers after xmas because i wouldn't mind staying on?

Also do you sign a contract stating things like pay, hour of work etc?
(basically I want a contract saying that they will keep me on for a good few years)
Reply 1
You wont get a contract saying you'll be kept on for a good few years.

If it's christmas work it will be casual, which basically means you'll be kicked out when they don't need you anymore.

If you get your head down and impress then they may offer you a contract, but that certainly doesn't guarantee you a "Contract for a good few years". It will be a contract under normal terms and conditions for their staff.
Reply 2
WHEN AND WHERE AND WHICH STORES ARE OPENING AT NIGHT. I DEMAND TO KNOW NOW. NOW NOW NOW.

omggggggg the shopping opportunities :drool:
Reply 3
Noémie
WHEN AND WHERE AND WHICH STORES ARE OPENING AT NIGHT. I DEMAND TO KNOW NOW. NOW NOW NOW.

I imagine it's for re-stocking purposes. Although I can't be sure.
Reply 4
Noémie

its probably a folding clothes job... so no 24h primark just yet unfortunately
Reply 5
nooooooooooo :'( :emo:

edits are becausei cant do emoticons today.
Reply 6
Chi206
So Ive applied to Primark night shift work, 9pm - 5.30am, £8.17 per hour 40hpw.

Just wondering does anyone here do night shift at primark? (how much is the pay etc)

It says that it is temp (Just needed for xmas period) so I was wondering would they still need night workers after xmas because i wouldn't mind staying on?

Also do you sign a contract stating things like pay, hour of work etc?
(basically I want a contract saying that they will keep me on for a good few years)

Im also interested to know, I'd love to do the night shift. Which store is it? how did you find out about the vacancy? did you apply online? :eek3:
The night shift would involve pulling stock (from the deliveries) to be packed out in the morning, probably doing a good bit of packing out yourselves, making sure the entire store is immaculate and doing returns from the fitting rooms etc. Not a massive amount of fun. Primark have nightpack all year round, they hire hundreds of christmas staff per store, just keep the head down and do a good job and you might be kept on. If you were, you would not immediately be given a permanent contract but another temporary one.
I've just been hired to do night shift at Sainsbury's (which pays less than that! psh. and 9pm - 7am) and I've been told it is basically just restocking everything and make the store is clean etc. :dontknow:
Reply 9
Squ33zed
Im also interested to know, I'd love to do the night shift. Which store is it? how did you find out about the vacancy? did you apply online? :eek3:

The store is in Belfast N.Ireland, found out about it online jobcenter also they have a sign at their front door, downloaded the App Form (primark.co.uk) and handed that in.

Thanks for the info StarsAreFixed

Also what kinda Questions would they ask me do you think..?
Common ones + aswell as for this job
Reply 10
inksplodge
I've just been hired to do night shift at Sainsbury's (which pays less than that! psh. and 9pm - 7am) and I've been told it is basically just restocking everything and make the store is clean etc. :dontknow:

Yeah, taking deliveries off the lorries and replenishing the shelves so we in online can come in at 6am and strip them again! :yep:
Reply 11
perfect hours 9-9 cant wait to start
how old are u coz a 17 how much do u rhink am going 2 ger pad please
Original post by uniqelola22
how old are u coz a 17 how much do u rhink am going 2 ger pad please

Under 18s can't work nights

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest