The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I have looked into it enough and it is anything but logical to me and most others.

May Allah guide you and soften your heart
Original post by Zamestaneh
May Allah guide you and soften your heart

I'd advise you to not waste your breath as we both know that I consider Allah a nonsensical invention.
Read the 'or' afterwards, it might make it easier to understand why your post is still irrelevant...

Now your point is completely unfalsifiable. You're giving a possible explanations for what will happen, and then claiming victory when one or neither of them happens. Do you see how that is a problem for your view?
Original post by Tabstercat
Because you claim that atheism leads to destruction in their life - yet societies such as Sweden are majority atheist but are the opposite of destroyed. So you're wrong.

Curious, isn't it, that "kaffir" countries are on the whole so much more developed and have a higher quality of life than the countries where God's supposedly chosen people live.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 44
Curious, isn't is, that "kaffir" countries are on the whole so much more developed and have a higher quality of life than the countries where God's supposedly chosen people live.

This has been very much the case throughout History and it always fluctuates.
i.e. The Islamic world is dominant at one point then its the 'kaffir' world, then it's the Islamic world and then it's the Kaffir world again.
This has happened through tout History and only Allah knows the wisdom of this.
Original post by emily Z
This has been very much the case throughout History and it always fluctuates.
i.e. The Islamic world is dominant at one point then its the 'kaffir' world, then it's the Islamic world and then it's the Kaffir world again.
This has happened through tout History and only Allah knows the wisdom of this.

The Islamic world had one golden age, I'm not aware of it becoming more advanced than the "kaffir" countries since then. And ah, the good old "Allah knows best" card when the questions get tricky.
Firstly what is it about Islam that makes you acutally want to leave and claim your not a muslims anymore ? I know people who are muslims but dont really pray much, but they still have the belief in god/Islam. What was it that made you want to leave ? You also mentioned you looked into Islam and it didnt agree with you ? The quran is pretty complex, I mean did you mis understand anything ??

Why do you actually want to tell your parents about this ? It could break their hearts if they are muslims, think about them how would they perceive it ?

Im not lecturing you or anything. I just want to know why and gave you my answer relevant to the thread. So could you answer me ?
Curious, isn't it, that "kaffir" countries are on the whole so much more developed and have a higher quality of life than the countries where God's supposedly chosen people live.

"...they were arrogant in the land without right, and they said: Who is mightier than us in power? Could they not see that Allah Who created them, He was mightier than them in power? And they denied Our revelations."
"...they were arrogant in the land without right, and they said: Who is mightier than us in power? Could they not see that Allah Who created them, He was mightier than them in power? And they denied Our revelations."

Circular reasoning, denying these so-called revelations has not led their countries to destruction, if anything the opposite.
Circular reasoning, denying these so-called revelations has not led their countries to destruction, if anything the opposite.

No True Reason Falacy
Sorry, they weren't directed to you, rather just the other user...
No True Reason Falacy

There's no such fallacy
There's no such fallacy

Weak apologetics.
Reply 53
Philosophically ponder and you will realise that science will never realistically explain where the Universe came from, even from (unsatisfactory) theories, and God is probable to exist; arrogant New Atheists feel that people use God as a miracle answer to the question of the universe, however it is the most logical answer, and based upon this, as much as it displeases many, religion actually makes sense and provides moral, social, psychological and spiritual order in people and society much to its benefit. Many theists are too lazy to question their belief (to later affirm it), and many atheists are too lazy and too arrogant in their 'intellectual' superiority and belief of self-suffiency to consider that a God exists and sustains everything...
Having almost been atheist once, I understand how 'liberating' and 'logical' it feels; upon reflection it is just the lazy man's way of ignoring the question of fundemental origin.

Perhaps one day you will realise that your family are not just sheep in flock following the crowd, and realise that the liberal YOLO atheists are exactly what they accuse the religiously minded of being...

What kind of logic is that? It's almost childish. Do you not have the willpower to leave something unanswered? Or do you think you have to have an answer for everything, even if your answer is completely wrong.
Original post by Tabstercat
Now your point is completely unfalsifiable. You're giving a possible explanations for what will happen, and then claiming victory when one or neither of them happens. Do you see how that is a problem for your view?

Religious people have been doing this for centuries, they will simply come up with (invent) answers for everything so that they can't lose. Fortunately, we're not in the medieval times anymore where the gullible masses would unquestioningly accept this. Most of us can now see through these weak apologetics.
Hopefully they love you anyway and accept you as good people will do. If not, I know it's hard, but you'll just have a to live with them until you can move on,

My family accept I'm not very religious and life goes on as normal. I strongly respect everyone's right to believe as they wish, equally.
Hey! I'm Muslim & I honestly think you should wait until you're at least 18 and then tell them about your beliefs. Don't make the wrong decision because they might take the news really badly & it could affect your future relationship with them.
Reply 57
The Islamic world had one golden age, I'm not aware of it becoming more advanced than the "kaffir" countries since then. And ah, the good old "Allah knows best" card when the questions get tricky.

There is nothing tricky here, there are good explanations you can find if you search.

There wasn't only one time Islam was dominant, there was intially with the collapse of the persian and byzantine empire, there was the golden age (andalus /spain) and there were the ottamans.
Original post by emily Z
There is nothing tricky here, there are good explanations you can find if you search.

There wasn't only one time Islam was dominant, there was intially with the collapse of the persian and byzantine empire, there was the golden age (andalus /spain) and there were the ottamans.

Not really, there are plenty of issues for which there is no satisfactory answer. Perhaps you'd like to explain why kaffir countries seem to be so successful while muslim ones are mostly dumps?

The Ottomans were not more advanced than the western world, their empire wasn't even the biggest or richest at the time.

And the muslims in Spain were finally defeated by the Christians. Why did Allah allow the kuffar to beat them?
Reply 59
Not really, there are plenty of issues for which there is no satisfactory answer. Perhaps you'd like to explain why kaffir countries seem to be so successful while muslim ones are mostly dumps?

The Ottomans were not more advanced than the western world, their empire wasn't even the biggest or richest at the time.

And the muslims in Spain were finally defeated by the Christians. Why did Allah allow the kuffar to beat them?

It is pretty obvious no?
When the Muslim's begin preferring the allures of this life and turn their back on the next life, Allah doesn't give them dominance.

Latest

Trending

Trending