The Student Room Group

Do I have legal ID urgent

Here's my issue:
I turn 18 next week and want to go out for a drink with my friends and such however I fear that I may not have any accepted ID.

- I have a passport which has expired and the photo is from when I was much younger, even though I haven't changed much. My family doesn't ever really have the money for a holiday that would require a passport so we have never thought it would be particularly useful and would definitely not be worth the cost of a passport as it would most likely expire before I get the chance to use it.

- I had a provisional license but lost it earlier this week and do not have the money to order a replacement and I doubt it would come in time for my birthday.

These are the only two things I could use as ID.

Would they accept my passport even though it is as I have explained? I really need an answer and it's increadbily worrying me.
Reply 1
Original post by EdwardBarfield9
Here's my issue:
I turn 18 next week and want to go out for a drink with my friends and such however I fear that I may not have any accepted ID.

- I have a passport which has expired and the photo is from when I was much younger, even though I haven't changed much. My family doesn't ever really have the money for a holiday that would require a passport so we have never thought it would be particularly useful and would definitely not be worth the cost of a passport as it would most likely expire before I get the chance to use it.

- I had a provisional license but lost it earlier this week and do not have the money to order a replacement and I doubt it would come in time for my birthday.

These are the only two things I could use as ID.

Would they accept my passport even though it is as I have explained? I really need an answer and it's increadbily worrying me.

They can refuse you, however, it depends on the club you go to - in my experience, its unlikely they will refuse. You are taking a gamble though. Get a new provisional ASAP.
Reply 2
Order your provisional as soon as you can since this is would ensure you can get into clubs. You can try with your expired passport but be prepared that they might refuse you entry.
Reply 3
Most pubs in my area do mot cate and serve anh chancer. But no if they asm you will need a passport or driving licence, i personally have never been ID'D in a pub
Reply 4
The fact a passport expired doesn't matter... it's still you!
Reply 5
It is in the real world pal!

If my expired passport was valid enough to grant me a marriage licence this year then it's sufficient for this individual to get a beer in a pub!
Reply 6
It's to prove how old you are.
That's the criteria.

It achieves that. Unless you can fly a nightclub they won't be interested in anything other than date of birth and a photograph.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending