The Student Room Group

What 5 universities should I apply for ?

For my AS's I got 4C's in English,History ,Art,Philosophy and Ethics . I wondered what would be realistic choices for me to go on and apply for . Would Russell group universities be too ambitious I was thinking Birmingham or Southampton but need help in ranging my options

All help appreciated thank you .
What are your predicted grades?
Reply 2
What're your predicted grades, and what course are you looking to study?
Reply 3
Original post by Kholmes1
What are your predicted grades?

My predicted grades are BBC
Reply 4
Original post by _lexnne
What're your predicted grades, and what course are you looking to study?

My predicted grades are BBC and I'm looking to study English and History
Unfortunately, with predicted grades of BBC, anywhere in the Russell Group is out of the question.

The general advice is to go with one above your predicted grades, two or three in line with them, and one or two below them.
Reply 6
Original post by ChuckHades
Unfortunately, with predicted grades of BBC, anywhere in the Russell Group is out of the question.

The general advice is to go with one above your predicted grades, two or three in line with them, and one or two below them.

Okay that seems logical and i appreciate your advice . thank you for your help
With your predicted grades, I don't think russell group universities would accept that. but you could apply to other universities that have great courses. I applied to Leicester and already got an offer with a requirement of BBB, so you can find other univs that require slightly lower than that :smile:
English Literature with Creative writing at Bangor university states 280 points (equivalent to BBC) as the lowest boundary so you could get accepted there if you're predicted a B in English.
http://www.bangor.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/2D13-English-Literature-with-Creative-Writing

Apart from that, I'd say look at places like Birmingham City and Southampton Solent, both requiring 280 points.

Places like Sheffield Hallam and Brunel are not too bad and have entry requirements of BBB or 300 points which you could you could put down (maybe choose one or two) as it's ok to have one or two above your grades. I've done a bit of research for you but obviously they'll be loads more so you'll just have to spend a bit of time finding courses which are within your reach and which you like the look of. The above advice from ChuckHades about ranging choices is pretty spot on.

Remember there are lots of good unis that are not russel groups. You can still have a great experience and benefit from a university education and have the opportunity to study abroad and such like. And of course you'll still get a degree in the end so don't worry too much about it :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Ellismall
English Literature with Creative writing at Bangor university states 280 points (equivalent to BBC) as the lowest boundary so you could get accepted there if you're predicted a B in English.
http://www.bangor.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/2D13-English-Literature-with-Creative-Writing

Apart from that, I'd say look at places like Birmingham City and Southampton Solent, both requiring 280 points.

Places like Sheffield Hallam and Brunel are not too bad and have entry requirements of BBB or 300 points which you could you could put down (maybe choose one or two) as it's ok to have one or two above your grades. I've done a bit of research for you but obviously they'll be loads more so you'll just have to spend a bit of time finding courses which are within your reach and which you like the look of. The above advice from ChuckHades about ranging choices is pretty spot on.

Remember there are lots of good unis that are not russel groups. You can still have a great experience and benefit from a university education and have the opportunity to study abroad and such like. And of course you'll still get a degree in the end so
don't worry too much about it :smile:

Okay thank you for your help . Yeah very true there are still good universities other than Russell's groups I'm just gonna have to spend more time looking for courses .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending