The Student Room Group

**Hong Kong Non-JUPAS Applicants 2016**

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Little Toy Gun
I don't have the statistics nor do I work for them so I don't know if that's true. But that is indeed what everybody who does E&F seem to be saying.

is it easy to switch courses in Uni, like from Econ to IBGM in HKU??
Original post by fedorahat88
is it easy to switch courses in Uni, like from Econ to IBGM in HKU??

No.
No.

so how hard is it ?? And what GPA do you need? btw did you go to HKU??
so how hard is it ?? And what GPA do you need? btw did you go to HKU??

Yes I went to HKU. I don't know how high.
Yes I went to HKU. I don't know how high.

Oh really? wow. which course was it?
Hi:smile: Does anyone know how long will HKCU be able to give out an offer if I applied for Law in October?
Thx!!
Original post by mint_chocolate
Hi:smile: Does anyone know how long will HKCU be able to give out an offer if I applied for Law in October?
Thx!!

I got mine in Jan, just saying mate.
I got mine in Jan, just saying mate.

Thanks man!
Thanks man!

Aim for HKU, I sound like a sore rejected guy but apparently CUHK's law is in Division 2, bouting with CityU. HKU is in it's own league.
Aim for HKU, I sound like a sore rejected guy but apparently CUHK's law is in Division 2, bouting with CityU. HKU is in it's own league.

I agree but HKU's requirements are extremely high (even higher than Cambridge's). And I am most likely to stay in the UK anyways
Hi, I'm wondering if it would be okay to use the same personal statement for HKU and HKUST as the one I used for UCAS?
Oh really? wow. which course was it?

BEd.
I agree but HKU's requirements are extremely high (even higher than Cambridge's). And I am most likely to stay in the UK anyways

Unless HKU is cheaper for you (as it was for me), I cannot imagine why anyone should turn down Oxbridge for HKU.

People actually have argued that CityU's law is better...And it's true that with the longer history they've got better connections.
Original post by RickyCT
Hi, I'm wondering if it would be okay to use the same personal statement for HKU and HKUST as the one I used for UCAS?

Yea I submitted the same personal statement.
Original post by RickyCT

Yes you can.

If I'm right, you might just be able to write more for your HKU and UST applications.
Might as well make use of all that extra space :P
(edited 8 years ago)
I'll be applying for environmental engineering, hopefully! I'm from India, currently doing the A2s.
Original post by theonetruequeen
I'll be applying for environmental engineering, hopefully! I'm from India, currently doing the A2s.

Good luck for both the application and the exams
Original post by Baalaje31
Good luck for both the application and the exams

Thanks! What are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by theonetruequeen
Thanks! What are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Economics and Finance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending