The Student Room Group

Essay help for English literature

okay so i'm currently studying Beloved by Toni Morrison and The Picture Of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde, and my essay question is: "compare the ways in which the writers of your two chosen texts make use of significant locations in their texts. consider writers' methods, links between texts and the relevance of contextual factors."
i was thinking of comparing the portrait of Dorian in his home to 124, as they both have supernatural connections and i could link them in that way, but i'm kinda stuck on any other ideas. any help would be appreciated, thank you!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by melodramatics
okay so i'm currently studying Beloved by Toni Morrison and The Picture Of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde, and my essay question is: "compare the ways in which the writers of your two chosen texts make use of significant locations in their texts. consider writers' methods, links between texts and the relevance of contextual factors."
i was thinking of comparing the portrait of Dorian in his home to 124, as they both have supernatural connections and i could link them in that way, but i'm kinda stuck on any other ideas. any help would be appreciated, thank you!

hi im studying the same books bbe and in lesson I didn't get what supernatural meant? if you kno can you please explain to me please,

thanks in advance
Original post by Benie Bopeno
hi im studying the same books bbe and in lesson I didn't get what supernatural meant? if you kno can you please explain to me please,

thanks in advance

Supernatural: a thing or an evident that goes against the laws of nature or cannot be concluded by evidence of science. So spirits, demons, zombies, ghosts, monsters, vampires, werewolves, etc.

Quick Reply

Latest