The Student Room Group

I will always vote labour no matter what AMA

I am a paying labour party member and will always vote labour for the rest of my life time no matter who the tories have standing. Ask away

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Black and blue or white and gold?
Original post by jpepsred
Black and blue or white and gold?
8 months too late to be asking this
Original post by intelligent con
I am a paying labour party member and will always vote labour for the rest of my life time no matter who the tories have standing. Ask away

Do you not think this attitude will make MPs complacent? Someone who doesn't have to work to keep their job hasn't got much incentive to do a good job. Too many Tory/Labour strongholds have MPs who don't give two ****s and often vote for their own interests and opinions rather than their constituent's because they know they'd get re-elected literally no matter what. I have a conservative friend who lives in Market Rasen but voted differently because he felt the MP, incumbent for 32 years and with a giant majority, had got too comfortable with guaranteed election.
Original post by pol pot noodles
Do you not think this attitude will make MPs complacent? Someone who doesn't have to work to keep their job hasn't got much incentive to do a good job. Too many Tory/Labour strongholds have MPs who don't give two ****s and often vote for their own interests and opinions rather than their constituent's because they know they'd get re-elected literally no matter what. I have a conservative friend who lives in Market Rasen but voted differently because he felt the MP, incumbent for 32 years and with a giant majority, had got too comfortable with guaranteed election.
Although there are some issues I would never vote for the nasty party even if the local MP was a bit selfish it would be better than the entire nation becoming selfish as it has under the bullingdon club
Reply 5
So you're a bigot who will always vote for a sexist party with racist frontbenchers?
Original post by Kurtle
So you're a bigot who will always vote for a sexist party with racist frontbenchers?
No I will never vote UKIP
Original post by Kurtle

I don't even like Labour but how are they sexist and racist? lmao
I will always vote Conservative so that we balance each other out :smile:
Although there are some issues I would never vote for the nasty party even if the local MP was a bit selfish it would be better than the entire nation becoming selfish as it has under the bullingdon club

What if over the next ten years the Tories morphed into a left-wing sneering, pretentious, self-righteous, class warfare, tax and spend party while Labour morphed into a right-wing fiscally sensible, aspirational, reformist, pro job creation party? Would you still vote Labour then?
Reply 10
Original post by RiotGirll
I don't even like Labour but how are they sexist and racist? lmao

Diane Abbott is openly racist.
Female only short-lists.
Openly sexists in Labour: Jess Phillips,Yvette Cooper

what if Labour decided to join the euro, borrow 10 times GDP nationalise all industry and scrap nuclear weapons and the army, along with allowing anyone to walk through the channel tunnel and spending twice as much on the NHS?

would you still vote for them?
Original post by JeremyOU
what if Labour decided to join the euro, borrow 10 times GDP nationalise all industry and scrap nuclear weapons and the army, along with allowing anyone to walk through the channel tunnel and spending twice as much on the NHS?

would you still vote for them?
Yes I agree with those proposals
Reply 13
Wasteman. BNP all the way for me.
Original post by pol pot noodles
What if over the next ten years the Tories morphed into a left-wing sneering, pretentious, self-righteous, class warfare, tax and spend party while Labour morphed into a right-wing fiscally sensible, aspirational, reformist, pro job creation party? Would you still vote Labour then?
That is already true aside from your confusion between right and left wing. Hence why I vote labour
Yes I agree with those proposals

ahhh!!! how can you agree with that?
Reply 16
Don't you think Labour will bankrupt the country?
Comrade you are clearly a man of principle. If someone asked me to prop up a party whose leader was raised in a manor house, went to a selective school and whose partner sent her child to private school i would say Nyet !!
Original post by the bear
Comrade you are clearly a man of principle. If someone asked me to prop up a party whose leader was raised in a manor house, went to a selective school and whose partner sent her child to private school i would say Nyet !!
If we're going to talk about social background remember where porky dave and half his cabinet went to school
Original post by kka25
Don't you think Labour will bankrupt the country?
No that is a right wing myth

Quick Reply

Latest