The Student Room Group

Is it important for a girl to be as clever as you?

There's a girl I know, she's what's called a GP trainee. It's basically the job you pick if you're fed up with medicine and you want to chill with your husband in his country manor. She's not that bright - she gets most of my jokes but she doesn't really have the intellect of a BMAT-uni-medic (UCL, Imperial, Oxbridge) - shes OK.

But my god is she beautiful. She is actually physical perfection. Blonde, girl next door type look. She really is beautiful. Also she was cheated on by her boyfriend and now goes from unhappy relationship to unhappy relationship.

She's into nice things and told me about how she spends loads of her pay cheque on clothes and handbags.

Basically apart from the not being clever thing, she is perfect girlfriend material. Do you think I should ask her out? I was thinking, I'm getting tired of explaining to my parents that I'm not gay, I'm just picky, this would really help my case.

Please use girl and guy interchangebly in this thread - I mean partner.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I don't see why not.

For me personally, intellect is a non-issue and it's all about "the other thing" :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by Skeptique
Ram her - mash her out!
No woman is really as intelligent as a man anyway. Thinking otherwise is just gay.

You did not just say that
Less about IQ type intellect more about being on the same wavelength.
Original post by Most Competitive
I don't see why not.

For me personally, intellect is a non-issue and it's all about "the other thing" :tongue:

Hmm, I ised to think this but unfortunately it's kinda more complicated than that.

I've had to spend an entire day with someone I use couldn't connect with - they don't get your jokes, they don't have anything interesting to say and they watch **** like X Factor. It becomes really tedious after a while!
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
Less about IQ type intellect more about being on the same wavelength.

Yes absolutely this. IQ is pointless, no one likes nerds.
Original post by ivy.98

no offense but thats generally true
Reply 7
Original post by Skeptique
Ram her - mash her out!
No woman is really as intelligent as a man anyway. Thinking otherwise is just gay.

:lol:
Original post by A Limp Handshake

Rekt
Reply 9

LOL says who? Do you live under a rock??
no offense but *something offensive*

That's like a man having intercourse with another man and saying "no homo, bro"
Original post by Awesome Genius
Yes absolutely this. IQ is pointless, no one likes nerds.

Nobody really likes a bland personality, even if they themselves are bland. :yep:
There's a girl I know, she's what's called a GP trainee. It's basically the job you pick if you're fed up with medicine and you want to chill with your husband in his country manor. She's not that bright - she gets most of my jokes but she doesn't really have the intellect of a BMAT-uni-medic (UCL, Imperial, Oxbridge) - shes OK.

But my god is she beautiful. She is actually physical perfection. Blonde, girl next door type look. She really is beautiful. Also she was cheated on by her boyfriend and now goes from unhappy relationship to unhappy relationship.

She's into nice things and told me about how she spends loads of her pay cheque on clothes and handbags.

Basically apart from the not being clever thing, she is perfect girlfriend material. Do you think I should ask her out? I was thinking, I'm getting tired of explaining to my parents that I'm not gay, I'm just picky, this would really help my case.

Please use girl and guy interchangebly in this thread - I mean partner.
But your children are going to have downs if you choose to reproduce with her!

Stay gay, that's the way!
Original post by ivy.98

i am a neoroscientist actually and ive done a few experiments on this myself
Original post by ivy.98

Yep! that was the bait... now contextualize it within the "Thinking otherwise is just gay." and reference that with the (bold underlined)
Awesome Genius
explaining to my parents that I'm not gay, I'm just picky.

part and you may (just may) get the joke.

your IQ permitting that is.
Original post by Student403
That's like a man having intercourse with another man and saying "no homo, bro"

i guess thats true. what i really mean is 'sorry that this is offensive, but'
Hmm, I ised to think this but unfortunately it's kinda more complicated than that.

I've had to spend an entire day with someone I use couldn't connect with - they don't get your jokes, they don't have anything interesting to say and they watch **** like X Factor. It becomes really tedious after a while!

The way I see it, you can never have it all your own way. You have to make some compromises to get what you want.

Besides, I'd never spend an entire day on just one girl. Life's too short.
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
But your children are going to have downs if you choose to reproduce with her!

Stay gay, that's the way!

Nah ive decided I'll marry a trustworthy traditional Indian girl and make children with her.

But I think having a girlfriend for sometime will be cool.
Original post by ivy.98

exactly, i go to a girls school and we reguarly outperform the boys school next door.

like with anything there are clever girls and clever boys but that other poster can't say that boys are generally cleverer than girls :s-smilie:

See like this guy did. well done sir for understanding

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending