The Student Room Group

Why are some dog owners so entitled and stupid?

I just went shopping and some middle aged lady was dragging along a terrier on a lead that was legit snapping at the ankles of some poor howling toddler the mother was trying to get out of the way. I was about to jump in because I was standing close by, I wouldn't want a dog bite but it was obviously out of control and the kid looked traumatised

The mother looked horrified but the dog's owner started having a go at her for reacting so strongly and moving her child :lolwut: I coughed loudly and glared at her and then she shut up lol.

There are also people with dogs like Rottweilers etc. who let them run loose around our local woods. I'm used to that breed of dog but I have again seen them chasing small children or the odd jogger, meanwhile the owners are making excuses or strolling along casually calling out the dog's name :rolleyes:

No disrespect to the majority of dog owners but some are as bad as the entitled parents of screaming children in restaurants. I actually like dogs but sometimes bad owners make life hell for others.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

There was this little chihuahua dog barking at me, the little **** thought he owned the place. I was about to pick it up and kick it like a rugby ball, half way across the street. If the owner hadn't intervened.

The little rat had this smug look on his face as his owner carried it away.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Waghwan My Don
There was this little chihuahua dog barking at me, the little **** thought he owned the place. I was about to pick it up and kick it like a rugby ball, half way across the street. If the owner hadn't intervened.

Small dogs can be ****ing vicious sometimes

You just know their middle aged female owners spoil them too
Original post by RiotGirll
I just went shopping and some middle aged lady was dragging along a terrier on a lead that was legit snapping at the ankles of some poor howling toddler the mother was trying to get out of the way. I was about to jump in because I was standing close by, I wouldn't want a dog bite but it was obviously out of control and the kid looked traumatised

The mother looked horrified but the dog's owner started having a go at her for reacting so strongly and moving her child :lolwut: I coughed loudly and glared at her and then she shut up lol.

There are also people with dogs like Rottweilers etc. who let them run loose around our local woods. I'm used to that breed of dog but I have again seen them chasing small children or the odd jogger, meanwhile the owners are making excuses or strolling along casually calling out the dog's name :rolleyes:

No disrespect to the majority of dog owners but some are as bad as the entitled parents of screaming children in restaurants. I actually like dogs but sometimes bad owners make life hell for others.

Do you play League of Legends ?
Reply 4
This is why everyone should get pugs.
They are peaceful and cute

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by iAre Teh Lejend
Do you play League of Legends ?

No sorry why? :smile:
It's laziness.
Many are in love with the idea of getting a dog but they don't bother training them to ensure that it's safe to bring them in to an environment with houses of residence etc.
Reply 7
Original post by eoe
This is why everyone should get pugs.
They are peaceful and cute

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha

I think any dog breed can be well behaved but when you see half asleep blokes walking around the park while their two Staffies or Rottweilers running loose are chasing and snapping at some jogger it annoys me TBH!

Also who is the girl in your avi? she is goals
Reply 8
Original post by Emily.97
It's laziness.
Many are in love with the idea of getting a dog but they don't bother training them to ensure that it's safe to bring them in to an environment with houses of residence etc.

It's fine IMO if people want to let their dogs go crazy in the house so long as they don't have small kids.

But some are so entitled when it comes to strangers, they get offended if you try to avoid their out of control animals :rolleyes: yes because people want to risk getting bitten

There should be regulations on who can own a dog
(edited 8 years ago)
No sorry why? :smile:

Just your username. nvm.
Reply 10
Haha

I think any dog breed can be well behaved but when you see half asleep blokes walking around the park while their two Staffies or Rottweilers running loose are chasing and snapping at some jogger it annoys me TBH!

Also who is the girl in your avi? she is goals

Genelia D'Souza
Reply 11
Original post by Waghwan My Don

The little rat had this smug look on his face as his owner carried it away.

Forgot to add this

[video="youtube;c6m48xPddZc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6m48xPddZc[/video]
Reply 12
Original post by Johann von Gauss
Some people in this country care more for their pets than for their fellow humans

It's selfishness.

Same with the parents who march into schools and start screaming at teachers for giving their little brats the discipline they don't get at home
I take a similar view to small dogs as the character "Ron Swanson" from Parks and Recreation:

"Any dog under 50 pounds is a cat and cats are pointless."
Reply 14
Ye I know what you mean, some dog owners out there do nothing to teach there dogs how to be social if they have issues with it and they turns out as horrible little well you know because of it, I do have a dog and I do walk her without a lead when i'm in a woods or field or forestry area but shes a softy dog so all she does when she comes up to people is sniff and ask for a hug :biggrin:
Forgot to add this

[video="youtube;c6m48xPddZc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6m48xPddZc[/video]

Lmfao omg
Reply 16
Original post by 16Characters....
I take a similar view to small dogs as the character "Ron Swanson" from Parks and Recreation:

"Any dog under 50 pounds is a cat and cats are pointless."

:toofunny:

Connorx
Ye I know what you mean, some dog owners out there do nothing to teach there dogs how to be social if they have issues with it and they turns out as horrible little well you know because of it, I do have a dog and I do walk her without a lead when i'm in a woods or field or forestry area but shes a softy dog so all she does when she comes up to people is sniff and ask for a hug

Yeah I like dogs like that! :biggrin:

Also tbf even well behaved dogs can sometimes chase after strangers a bit, but in that case the owners should be running after them and stopping them, not calling out their name or pretending they don't notice. Especially if it's something like a Staffie lol
Forgot to add this

Yes, that's exactly what I had in mind.

But some are so entitled when it comes to strangers, they get offended if you try to avoid their out of control animals :rolleyes: yes because people want to risk getting bitten

They always claim they won't bite. Yes and you know this how? I'm ok with your dog walking past and sniffing me. I'm not ok with them jumping up and trying to bite me. You don't know and neither do I, if they will bite. I'm not willing to take that risk.
Reply 19
Original post by OU Student
They always claim they won't bite. Yes and you know this how? I'm ok with your dog walking past and sniffing me. I'm not ok with them jumping up and trying to bite me. You don't know and neither do I, if they will bite. I'm not willing to take that risk.

TBH, I'm used to dog breeds like Rottweilers and Staffies but if they're following me around and getting excited (esp. if there is more than one) I don't like it even if they're not biting. I don't know if they're well trained or not and some dogs can scar you for life

Thanks for rep btw :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest