The Student Room Group

What's the title of your latest/current essay? [2015/16 edition]

Scroll to see replies

Has recent work on Jacobitism and political opposition undermined the usefulness of 'stability' in characterising politics in the years 1714-1742?

It's been a fun week.
Evaluate the current explanations for the evolution of bipedalism among hominins. Which do you favour and why?
and
Produce a report describing the ecological characteristics and conservation management of a heathland site. You will be provided with maps and related information and you will collect other essential data on the field trip.
Reply 42
Science only tells us what is possible, not what is right. Discuss.
'Why you should let me borrow £10' - an essay by me to my mum
Reply 44
IB Extended Essay

"In The Silmarillion, to what extent does Tolkien show that the desire to possess light has the ability to corrupt?"

Last essay I wrote, finished my final copy about a week ago in 4 hours... the night before it was due (okay, the research and drafting took a few months, so it's not really that big of a deal).
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
I'm doing a MOOC at the moment. My last essay was:

"In what ways can philosophy contribute to the physical sciences?" :holmes:

What's yours? :yum:

As always, the more magniloquent the better.

Spoiler

"How does Pliny convey his sense of loss at Corellius Rufus' death?"
How far did the Governmental machine of Henry VIII develop from 1536 until his death?
‘The true subject of Guilhem IX’s poetry is class distinction and class privilege.’ Discuss.
Reply 48
Was ist für Sie das zentrale Thema im Werk / in den Werken des von Ihnen gewählten Schriftstellers?
Begründen Sie Ihre Antwort.
Original post by ivy.98
Was ist für Sie das zentrale Thema im Werk / in den Werken des von Ihnen gewählten Schriftstellers?
Begründen Sie Ihre Antwort.

Hahaha yes!!! For me:

"Was sind die Folgen der Spielsucht? Bitte schau dich den Film (I had a link) an und beantworte die Frage"
Reply 50
Original post by Student403
Hahaha yes!!! For me:

"Was sind die Folgen der Spielsucht? Bitte schau dich den Film (I had a link) an und beantworte die Frage"

:five:
German essays are my favourite, I become creative for some reason and always have so much to write about xD sometimes too much lol... :giggle:
Original post by ivy.98
:five:
German essays are my favourite, I become creative for some reason and always have so much to write about xD sometimes too much lol... :giggle:

Same for me except there's an extra step involved which you get to miss out (I think) :'3
1) read prompt
2) *brain explodes with 100 things I want to say*
3) think of things to say in an organized manner
4) translate said things in to german, write them down, and lose 50% of the value of what I had thought about in english :C
5) profit
Reply 52
Same for me except there's an extra step involved which you get to miss out (I think) :'3
1) read prompt
2) *brain explodes with 100 things I want to say*
3) think of things to say in an organized manner
4) translate said things in to german, write them down, and lose 50% of the value of what I had thought about in english :C
5) profit

LOOL :rofl:
I hate to break it to you, that never happens to me :teehee:

Spoiler

Original post by ivy.98
LOOL :rofl:
I hate to break it to you, that never happens to me :teehee:

Spoiler

Frech... sooo frech >.>

Have you ever said that irl to someone? XD We went on a trip to a german school, said it to a couple of people there and they just looked at us quizzically
Reply 54
Frech... sooo frech >.>

Have you ever said that irl to someone? XD We went on a trip to a german school, said it to a couple of people there and they just looked at us quizzically

Lool depends on the context tbh. But 'frech' is mostly used in playful situations xD its like saying 'oh youre so naughty' , maybe thats why you got the looks hahah
Original post by ivy.98
Lool depends on the context tbh. But 'frech' is mostly used in playful situations xD its like saying 'oh youre so naughty' , maybe thats why you got the looks hahah

Oh I meant the word geplaenkel xD Not frech lol
Reply 56
Oh I meant the word geplaenkel xD Not frech lol

Oh, my bad :colondollar: in that case, no I've never heard anyone say that word, its really uncommon. I think its something the English 'made up' for the banter lol
Original post by ivy.98
Oh, my bad :colondollar: in that case, no I've never heard anyone say that word, its really uncommon. I think its something the English 'made up' for the banter lol

No worries :biggrin: And I quite like it :3
Reply 58
Why the Lords should be reformed
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
I'm doing a MOOC at the moment. My last essay was:

"In what ways can philosophy contribute to the physical sciences?" :holmes:

What's yours? :yum:

As always, the more magniloquent the better.

Spoiler

English
'How does Priestley convey attitudes towards women at the time of the play being set?'
Very fun. Much interesting. I had a stressful hour, that...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending