The Student Room Group

Sensitive girl?

I have a crush on a girl, but I fear she may be a bit sensitive, and I'm worried what I say to her in case she takes it the wrong way. For example. She keeps accidently closing the door in front of me, at one time I jokingly shouted 'wait for me, I'm coming' to which she was deadly serious and started apologising. And then it happened again a couple of days later, and she looked at me and I smiled and laughed and said 'one of these days, Georgia' (meaning one of these days im going to walk into the door) whilst laughing. But I fear she takes my comments serious? I don't know if she is sensitive, like she worried she's doing wrong and doesn't get im joking? I was smiling and laughing so she surely would think I was joking?
Original post by Anonymous
I have a crush on a girl, but I fear she may be a bit sensitive, and I'm worried what I say to her in case she takes it the wrong way. For example. She keeps accidently closing the door in front of me, at one time I jokingly shouted 'wait for me, I'm coming' to which she was deadly serious and started apologising. And then it happened again a couple of days later, and she looked at me and I smiled and laughed and said 'one of these days, Georgia' (meaning one of these days im going to walk into the door) whilst laughing. But I fear she takes my comments serious? I don't know if she is sensitive, like she worried she's doing wrong and doesn't get im joking? I was smiling and laughing so she surely would think I was joking?

Maybe just adapt yourself a bit if using the joking easy going style isn't working. If you're serious about her (and she is actually just 'accidentally' closing the door on you ) , next time when shes in front walking towards a door , run ahead and open it for her, I bet she'd at least smile at that. :wink:

(unless the pathway to the door doesnt have space for you to run around her in which case youll have to learn to do some of dem front flips :biggrin:)
(edited 8 years ago)
Maybe ask her if she wants to see the movie Airplane! with you?

Maybe next time, do it again and then explain afterwards that you're only joking and you don't mind it, or drop it entirely.

A lot of girl's I've met have been very literal.

I still don't understand them.
Reply 4
It happens usually on the way to lunch, we are in a bit if a rush etc, but I don't intend to co e off as if I'm insulting her or something, if I was being dead serious I wouldn't have a massive smile on my face and quietly laughing.
nope you just overthink these petty issues.. she doesnt care and you shuldnt too
Reply 6
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
A lot of girl's I've met have been very literal.

The ****?

Why don't you ask her then? And I think you are overthinking the situation, just move on because if he was sensitive then I think she would have said something to you.
Original post by Profesh
The ****?

oops

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending