The Student Room Group

Integration help needed C2

Find the equation of the curve which passes through the point (-1,0) andwhose gradient at any (x,y) is 3x26x+4 3x^{2}-6x+4. Find the area enclosed by the curve, the axis of x and the ordinates x=1 and x=2.

Please help with the question. I cant find the equation. I am struggling to find a way to.
Original post by bigmansouf
Find the equation of the curve which passes through the point (-1,0) andwhose gradient at any (x,y) is 3x26x+4 3x^{2}-6x+4. Find the area enclosed by the curve, the axis of x and the ordinates x=1 and x=2.

Please help with the question. I cant find the equation. I am struggling to find a way to.

What information is it giving you in the question so that you can find f(x)?
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
What information is it giving you in the question so that you can find f(x)?

q1.jpg
Attachment not found

I have atteched the workings I did but I still got it wrong the book says the equation of the curve is x33x2+4x+8 x^{3}-3x^{2}+4x+8
please help
(edited 8 years ago)
q1.jpg
Attachment not found

I have atteched the workings I did but I still got it wrong the book says the equation of the curve is x33x2+4x+8 x^{3}-3x^{2}+4x+8
please help

y=13x+1 is not equal to to the equation of the curve - you've found the equation of the tangent to the curve at the point (-1,0), but the question doesn't require you to find that.

You have integrated correctly to find the equation of the curve, so how can you find the value of c?
Reply 4

AlV7RMg-x6_Bg7IriPwngp6I9RqYq_jiwdEJEPdqkpEJ.jpg
Reply 5
Original post by SeanFM
y=13x+1 is not equal to to the equation of the curve - you've found the equation of the tangent to the curve at the point (-1,0), but the question doesn't require you to find that.

You have integrated correctly to find the equation of the curve, so how can you find the value of c?

THANK you PRSOM

Quick Reply

Latest