The Student Room Group

!!!!!!!!!IGCSE English Language Tips~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,
I got a C in my English Language IGCSE exam and I'm resitting it in November in the hopes of achieving an A(1 week). ( My coursework is now at an A, and speaking and listening at A*).
Does anyone have any tips for the exam, I really need to get an A!!!!!??
Can anyone help me with how to tackle question 2 as I got 2/10!!!???

Thank you!!
Q2: you need to analyse the EFFECT of the language and the purpose it has. If there are similes/metaphors these will be useful to use as your choice of 4 because there is more to write about them. Also make sure you use single words or short phrases so you can really show what you're talking about; waffling on will not demonstrate your understanding of the passage :smile:
Sitting mine soon
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by JulieWaters
Hi,
I got a C in my English Language IGCSE exam and I'm resitting it in November in the hopes of achieving an A(1 week). ( My coursework is now at an A, and speaking and listening at A*).
Does anyone have any tips for the exam, I really need to get an A!!!!!??
Can anyone help me with how to tackle question 2 as I got 2/10!!!???

Thank you!!

What mark did you get for your coursework and speaking and listening assessment?

I got 46/50 on coursework
29/30 on speaking and listening
Reply 3
For question 2 literally just follow this: Select your points->Identify them (what technique is it?)->analyse the words in closer detail->describe the effect (think/see/feel)

This is an example my teacher gave us:"A metaphor and simile are used 'waving its curved snake of a tail as if making a victory salute.' The tail is seen as a bendy, venomous creature moving alarmingly from side to side, then raised in a sharp, strong movement. A perception of an evil and malicious celebration as if the beast is superior is being created."
Reply 4
The structure for question 2 is not PEA its EA so you give the evidence and analyse it by the image caused

Quick Reply