The Student Room Group

Music GCSE revision help

Hey,

Okay very stupidly i took GCSE music and now i regret it due to my grades. I've tried loads of revision techniques like mind maps and flashcards; but I can't seem to remember anything. My exam board is OCR, I've been on the website for pass papers but for the listening paper I can't find the audio files

So does anyone have any techniques? or knows how to get the audio files?

Thanks guys
Audio files, I found this youtube channel. Dunno if that's what you want (I take GCSE Edexcel Music), but hopefully it'll help, and with revision, the best thing to do is to write something about each of these on each piece:

Instrumentation

Dynamics

Rhythm

Texture

Structure

Tonality

Harmony

Other features

Maybe do study cards for each study card, so you can refer to them?
Reply 2
Original post by BlueBlueBells
Audio files, I found this youtube channel. Dunno if that's what you want (I take GCSE Edexcel Music), but hopefully it'll help, and with revision, the best thing to do is to write something about each of these on each piece:

Instrumentation

Dynamics

Rhythm

Texture

Structure

Tonality

Harmony

Other features

Maybe do study cards for each study card, so you can refer to them?

That YouTube channel helps a lot thank you. And oh right, I'll try that listing method and the study cards tomorrow. Thank you
Original post by jade2000
That YouTube channel helps a lot thank you. And oh right, I'll try that listing method and the study cards tomorrow. Thank you

No problem :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending