The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Which just debunks your claim that it is a clear message.

Only debunked in your mind, and i don't remember making such a claim.
Know I wills say that the Qur'an does indeed have a clear message, however anything without context can be interpreted as anyone wants, the tasfir needs to be read and studied with scholars.
For starters, the true religion would not be riddled with mistakes and contradictions.

A perfect, flawless book from the true God would be water-tight and there would literally not be a single argument that could be formulated against it, considering everything that God is meant to know and be.

Concerning your second point, if anything that's more a reflection of the weakness of the theist' stance, given that it would thus be impossible to differentiate between God and a higher life form.

This is an interesting argument, the line people draw to determine true perfection is very low

Something which is truly perfect would be so impossibly difficult to refute
Nope, I have simply highlighted your illogical, inconsistent arguments.

I've read into Qadr and it is as illogical as ever. No one, to my knowledge has been able to successfully consolidate predestination with free will and an all-knowing God.

Exactly my point, we haven't been given knowledge on it, so how do you we answer it?
Original post by emily Z
Exactly my point, we haven't been given knowledge on it, so how do you we answer it?

I thought you were going to stop posting for today?

What? We know what predestination and free will are, the issue is being able to make them logically co-exist. In regards to life being a test, no one has explained how this can be so if God is all-knowing, considering that you only test someone when you don't know the outcome, which God does.
Original post by emily Z
Only debunked in your mind, and i don't remember making such a claim.
Know I wills say that the Qur'an does indeed have a clear message, however anything without context can be interpreted as anyone wants, the tasfir needs to be read and studied with scholars.

No, debunked in truth. You said it is clear, the fact there are different interpretations blatantly proves that it isn't.
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal

If it came from the all-knowing creator then I'd expect it to literally be impossible to refute.
I left Islam, but my dad was already an atheist and my mum was a fairly liberal Muslim. You need to judge how your parents would react to you coming out as an atheist. Having heard scary stories about how some Muslim parents react, I would be wary of telling them until you are fully independent.

Good Luck!
Original post by truthteller2
Get out of my country and go back to wherever your homeland is.

What the actual **** :angry:
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
This is an interesting argument, the line people draw to determine true perfection is very low

One of my favourites was at a Christian university, there was an atheist (not sure who) and he was doing a talk. He asked all the students to raise their hands if they had read The Da Vinchi Code from front cover to back cover. Most students put their hands up. He then asked all the students to raise their hands if they had read the Bible from front cover to back cover. A smattering of hands went up.

Then he basically said how surely if these people genuinely believe that this was a message written by God for them, they would want to read every last word of this book?
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
What the actual **** :angry:

Can't face racially sensible views, eh?
Original post by spv
You're right, i think he meant SHIA-ts about to go down.
:colondollar:

JOKR, Naa that was funny tho :biggrin::biggrin:
Isn't leaving Islam punishable by death?... maybe leave it till you move out!
I come from a completely different situation, but I was raised a Catholic and now am an atheist. But, I have never come out and said that I am an atheist. I guess my question is, do you feel you need to tell them?
Get out of my country and go back to wherever your homeland is.

Can I please stay :smile::smile:
No. Get out. Britain is for white people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eIXowp00PI
Can't face racially sensible views, eh?

Lol sensible I think you need to recheck what that means before you use it :h:
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
Lol sensible I think you need to recheck what that means before you use it :h:

You only need to go into some parts of London to see that I'm using it correctly.
You only need to go into some parts of London to see that I'm using it correctly.

Well compared to the north it really wasn't a sensible comment
Original post by XcitingStuart
I'm not Islamically literate, so to speak, but was that last part a threat? "Just think of what happened to people who didn't follow Allah in the Qur'an (in terms of punishment)?"

If so, **** off.

An empty threat lol
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
An empty threat lol

It's a threat nonetheless.