The Student Room Group

Stupid reasons which made you choose a certain subject/option subject

Back in the end of year 7 we were forced to pick options.I picked Geography because i walked inside the classroom and on the board there was a topic about "china's one child policy".I thought Geo would be easy based on that little encounter (i was little back then.Stupid school made us choose so early on).Anyways,what were the reason why you did(or didn't) pick a subject for

Scroll to see replies

I picked French for the ebacc and it's not counted anymore >.>. Still a good subject to do but hate it.
Listening to advice from the college on enrolment day.
(Edit: As if they knew what they were talking about.)
I picked drama because I enjoyed it in year nine. I ended up liking the written cw more than the practical.
Reply 4
My reasoning for choosing A Level German: 'cause why the hell not. :rofl:*

*for serious though I do actually enjoy the subject, but I literally have 0 reason as to why I specifically wanted to do that language at A Level.
I chose French because one lesson in year 7 the teacher brought in croissants for us:h:. Spanish did no such thing.
Reply 6
IT teacher was fit af loool
Taking ICT because I thought I'd learn some cool sh*t. (spoiler alert: I didn't)
I chose History because I thought it'd help support my uni application (has it? Not really, I wanna study Dentistry :colondollar:).
Reply 9
Original post by Vicky628
I chose French because one lesson in year 7 the teacher brought in croissants for us:h:. Spanish did no such thing.

Sounds like something i'd do.:smile:
Original post by goldenshades
I chose History because I thought it'd help support my uni application (has it? Not really, I wanna study Dentistry :colondollar:).

History's well respected though.I'm gonna do it at A level most likely,despite the fact i didn't do history at gcse

That reminds me.I'm really good at English.History,in hindsight(now) i realise it was tailored for me.I would've been top of the class. Unfortunatly,we had to pick our options in the end of year 7 and my history teacher kept us behind every time afterschool and break.As a kid you valued these times.Now i don't really care,i actually work during break,lunch etc.Thats why i never chose history.Because of a mean teacher:frown:
Original post by goldenshades

Made me laugh so it gets my rep:smile:
Picked Philosophy because I liked to argue about useless things a lot. Looking back, I should have definitely done Politics. :smile:
Original post by Crazecatlady
Picked Philosophy because I liked to argue about useless things a lot. Looking back, I should have definitely done Politics. :smile:

Haha!
Chose English literature for as level because I liked reading. That changed as it was mainly poetry ewh
My R.S teacher said to me " You're taking R.S as one of your options, right"? As I got a good test score in year 8- I lied to her and said yes because I felt bad, but changed it from drama in the end so she wouldn't catch me... I'm glad I don't take drama though- R.S is easier :biggrin:
Original post by ScienceFantatic
My R.S teacher said to me " You're taking R.S as one of your options, right"? As I got a good test score in year 8- I lied to her and said yes because I felt bad, but changed it from drama in the end so she wouldn't catch me... I'm glad I don't take drama though- R.S is easier :biggrin:

Hey,did you see your message i posted on your profile yet?
Original post by ScienceFantatic

My product design teacher told me "Make sure your doing Product Design" at the end of year 7 sports day haha.I picked it,and i regret it to this day.
Original post by Blancosdos
History's well respected though.I'm gonna do it at A level most likely,despite the fact i didn't do history at gcse

That reminds me.I'm really good at English.History,in hindsight(now) i realise it was tailored for me.I would've been top of the class. Unfortunatly,we had to pick our options in the end of year 7 and my history teacher kept us behind every time afterschool and break.As a kid you valued these times.Now i don't really care,i actually work during break,lunch etc.Thats why i never chose history.Because of a mean teacher:frown:
Aw that sucks :frown: It's alright though, unis tend to pay a lot more attention to your A-Levels than GCSEs anyway :biggrin: I didn't do History at A-Level but I think it's a lot more interesting than at GCSE
Original post by Banana00
Made me laugh so it gets my rep:smile:
Haha thanks :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest