The Student Room Group

Lonely

Hi there, I am a first yr UCL student and often find myself being alone which i dont like. I am staying at home so i spend all weekend at home and feel bad/terrible about it. Wht should I do??And i really want to find tht one
Original post by Anonymous
Hi there, I am a first yr UCL student and often find myself being alone which i dont like. I am staying at home so i spend all weekend at home and feel bad/terrible about it. Wht should I do??And i really want to find tht one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Join a society?
Hi there, I am a first year UCL student and often find myself being alone, which I don't like. I am staying at home so I spend all weekend at home and feel bad/terrible about it. What should I do??Also, I really want to find that one.

Are you nervous about going out to events etc?
You could try joining a few clubs and gradually building up your confidence; as you make a few friends, it will come more easily to you.

Plus, I always like to remind lonely people that everyone on TSR is always up for a chat and to make you feel welcome:smile:

GOOD LUCK!
Go to the pub with some course mates.
Reply 4
Original post by Banana00
Are you nervous about going out to events etc?
You could try joining a few clubs and gradually building up your confidence; as you make a few friends, it will come more easily to you.

Plus, I always like to remind lonely people that everyone on TSR is always up for a chat and to make you feel welcome:smile:

GOOD LUCK!

I've joined a few societies, but whever i go i tend to just sit there and be lonely
Reply 5
Original post by sleepygirl
Go to the pub with some course mates.

I dont drink :frown:
You just need to be more confident :smile:

Could you not go to the pub and take a flask of tea or just have some water or something?

You don't need to drink. You need to find something other people tend to do to socialize and join them. I don't really drink much, but I can just sit there with a soda and chat and no-one cares that I'm not drinking alcohol.
Original post by sleepygirl
You don't need to drink. You need to find something other people tend to do to socialize and join them. I don't really drink much, but I can just sit there with a soda and chat and no-one cares that I'm not drinking alcohol.

Do you chat with friends or people you haven't met before? Do guys approach you too?
Do you chat with friends or people you haven't met before? Do guys approach you too?

no.. btw im a guy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending