The Student Room Group

What do you think is the best way to become wealthy/rich?

Scroll to see replies

She knows --------------------------> https://vine.co/v/OV7bawH06ee
Reply 41
Original post by Blue_Mason
I was just expressing the general assumption, or is it really an assumption of how most young people value the pound.
Do not take it, personally though.

I don't take it personally, although I do disagree with you saying that accumulation of wealth cannot be taught.
Original post by z33
lol i didn't say i was an expertidk my teacher said the reason there's a low supply of computer science teachers is because the rest of them are working as Project Managers etc and making bucks...
See, this is the thing. What is "making bucks?" The dude is right you won't get rich being a computer science expert (I am one). However you can earn pretty decent. The truth of the industry is that all the really damn smart people are used by all the people who are can talk the talk but are essentially skilled devoid. There are less positions at the top so it's harder to be one of the "talkers".

There are plenty of positions open for high skilled workers, so having technically skills = you can land a job for OK pay easily. Your teacher is right, comparative to his and average professions comp science experts earn a lot but you're still going to be working for a wage at the end of the day.
Original post by Reue
I don't take it personally, although I do disagree with you saying that accumulation of wealth cannot be taught.

It can only be taught to a certain degree, as only a few people can create wealth that is on par with their parents or grandparents.
it's true to be honest you can melt down jewellery and still have a half decent resale but cash doesn't have the same advantage but hatton garden is well protected go to a high grade second hand dealer then pull a score lower rate of capture better rate of success
simplest method is to get a fast two seater motorbike and do a simple smash and grab you unidentifiable on account of the helmets and its fast pull up to the window, do the job and zoom away use a major road if you have one i.e a motorway as you can go fast and then just ditch the clothes and the bike melt the metals, and take the separated components of different grades of metal(sterling silver,9ct,14ct,18ct,22ct gold,.950 platinum) and stone i.e. ruby, diamond, emerald and sapphire most other stuff is trash grade to hatton garden or antwerp and feed the lot of it into the system
Reply 45
Original post by ron_trns
See, this is the thing. What is "making bucks?" The dude is right you won't get rich being a computer science expert (I am one). However you can earn pretty decent. The truth of the industry is that all the really damn smart people are used by all the people who are can talk the talk but are essentially skilled devoid. There are less positions at the top so it's harder to be one of the "talkers".

There are plenty of positions open for high skilled workers, so having technically skills = you can land a job for OK pay easily. Your teacher is right, comparative to his and average professions comp science experts earn a lot but you're still going to be working for a wage at the end of the day.

hmmm i guess you just have to have connections really... that's pretty much the only way you're going to get to the top in this day and age

you may not be a millionair but you could be called 'rich' ... maybe not straight out of uni but eventually like later in life you could inch your way up
Reply 46
It can only be taught to a certain degree, as only a few people can create wealth that is on par with their parents or grandparents.

Now you've just included an entirely different discussion! I'll make a new thread and we can debate it from there :smile:
logically speaking considering the lack of social mobility in the UK - being born into it is the most likely way for everyone!
It cannot be taught, my friend.

Mate, why are you posting in this thread if you won't share! Goodbye Mason!
Vine.
Ask your father for a small loan of 10 million pounds.

Start a real estate empire.

Profit.

[video="youtube;uXyii642UlM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXyii642UlM[/video]
Inherit.
kick a ball
Original post by TheGuyReturns
Ask your father for a small loan of 10 million pounds.

Start a real estate empire.

Profit.

[video="youtube;uXyii642UlM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXyii642UlM[/video]

Warren Buffet's a more common man story.. Senator father paid for a top class Ivy League education but Buffet himself saved about $10k from jobs and then invested in a local business and went from there.

Also made all but $1bn after his 50th birthday so that's something to bear in mind.
start your own business or perhaps renting properties or investing money in shares
Original post by K.C
cheeky

Ehehehe...
Reply 56
Original post by FaisalNaeem03
She knows --------------------------> https://vine.co/v/OV7bawH06ee

oh my god....that gas station vines is some of the funniest chit I have seen....plus some of the people on there must be like the ugliest people o the planet, jesus christ!
Original post by MAINE.
oh my god....that gas station vines is some of the funniest chit I have seen....plus some of the people on there must be like the ugliest people o the planet, jesus christ!

Gas station vines are jokes :biggrin:. I highly advise you to check out Exclusive773, he does kind of the same thing he's funny too :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 58
Original post by Anonynmous
Set up a HF/PE fund or start up a company

Great idea, why didn't I think of that?
I like it so much, I'll register my HF tomorrow first thing in the morning!
Original post by gwagon
Great idea, why didn't I think of that?
I like it so much, I'll register my HF tomorrow first thing in the morning!

Gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8 :congrats:

tell teh clientz to fk off, inb4 5 and 50 structure

Quick Reply

Latest