The Student Room Group

I don't understand why people hate Hunters?

I haven't got a problem with it. This is why you shouldn't to. Correct me if I am wrong.

Hunters kill animals for the thrill of the hunt. It doesn't need to happen but does.
We eat animals, for the taste value. It doesn't need to happen but it does.
We could have a vegetarian diet and live normally perfectly fine. But most don't.

So why do so many people hate hunters?

Edit: Animals are not special in the grand scheme of things, you aren't too. Nothing is especially special. So saying to stop extinction is just stupid, it itself is a natural process which could aso be argued. Look at how much is wasted of stupid bamboo eating panda bear. It cost so much to maintain when it would have died out naturally. Could have saved many people.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RiskVsReward
I haven't got a problem with it. This is why you shouldn't to. Correct me if I am wrong.

Hunters kill animals for the thrill of the hunt. It doesn't need to happen but does.
We eat animals, for the taste value. It doesn't need to happen but it does.
We could have a vegetarian diet and live normally perfectly fine. But most don't.

So why do so many people hate hunters?

Edit: Animals are not special in the grand scheme of things, you aren't too. Nothing is especially special. So saying to stop extinction is just stupid, it itself is a natural process which could aso be argued. Look at how much is wasted of stupid bamboo eating panda bear. It cost so much to maintain when it would have died out naturally. Could have saved many people.

Bit of a strong topic for 2am :O
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Bit of a strong topic for 2am :O

Too bored lol.I Was going to include a very subtle joke about that dude draws HxH manga and playing dragon quest or whatever the lazy guy is doing these days but too lazy myself lol.Freaking wish HxH comes back soon! Too much left to see!
Haha I just realised this thread is about hunters and I'm talking about Hunter x Hunter :P
One group needs animals for survival, the others for fun. There's a difference between the 2. At least those Pandas are not killing other species for fun unlike humans :erm: I wish I could hunt down all those hunters and see how they would feel being hunted themselves, probably would poop their pants.
Original post by ForgetMe
One group needs animals for survival, the others for fun. There's a difference between the 2. At least those Pandas are not killing other species for fun unlike humans :erm: I wish I could hunt down all those hunters and see how they would feel being hunted themselves, probably would poop their pants.

Wrong humans dont require food to eat, thye do it for the pleasure of eating the animals vs vege food.

The thrill of hunting prey cant be understimated. This is the feeling of being a true animal like our anicent ancestors. kill or be killed.

Dolphins kill for fun. So do other animals. Are they wrong?
Wrong humans dont require food to eat, thye do it for the pleasure of eating the animals vs vege food.

The thrill of hunting prey cant be understimated. This is the feeling of being a true animal like our anicent ancestors. kill or be killed.

Dolphins kill for fun. So do other animals. Are they wrong?

People don't need food? :teehee: Ehm, I don't feel any pleasure whilst eating meat or maybe I am doing something wrong?

Animals kill animals, I'm fine with that because they are from same chain but humans killing animals for fun is not okay.
Reply 6
It not an attractive trait killing things for fun
Reply 7
I haven't met any hunters who shoot animals purely for the fun of it. They usually respect the animal and use most parts of it.

It's funny that most people are happy to let chickens be electrically stunned and slaughtered en masse, but are too pathetic and cowardly to do the job themselves.

If you can't kill an animal yourself, you are as weak as a vegetarian and don't deserve to eat meat.
the animal is killed for no reason by hunters
sure, you don't need to eat animals, but it's still a use
Original post by defenestrated
the animal is killed for no reason by hunters
sure, you don't need to eat animals, but it's still a use

Of course there is a reason, you just don't like the reason.

Fun.
Original post by DiddyDec
Of course there is a reason, you just don't like the reason.

Fun.

wow sorry i forgot how fun it is to go around killing things
wow sorry i forgot how fun it is to go around killing things

You said there was no reason when quite obviously there is.

It is pretty fun though, do you eat meat?
You said there was no reason when quite obviously there is.

It is pretty fun though, do you eat meat?

no, i'm a vegetarian
but if it's so fun why can't you go paintballing or something
or play a shooting game online
there's lots of alternatives for entertainment that don't involve murder
no, i'm a vegetarian
but if it's so fun why can't you go paintballing or something
or play a shooting game online
there's lots of alternatives for entertainment that don't involve murder

Good thing hunting doesn't involve murder then. You should probably look up what murder means before you use it.

Hunting is fun, and getting meat out of it is a massive plus. Also it I find it is a good social event to get together with your mates have a few beers and generally have a good time. Obviously you would disagree, that is unfortunate for you as you are completely powerless to stop it.
Good thing hunting doesn't involve murder then. You should probably look up what murder means before you use it.

Hunting is fun, and getting meat out of it is a massive plus. Also it I find it is a good social event to get together with your mates have a few beers and generally have a good time. Obviously you would disagree, that is unfortunate for you as you are completely powerless to stop it.

oh, it's only for humans?? I didn't know that sorry lol is "killing" better (:

if you're getting meat out of it, then that's different, I mean when people just go around shooting animals and then doing nothing with the bodies then that's terrible
and yeah, I can't do anything about it, but this thread asked for opinions so I gave mine :tongue:
oh, it's only for humans?? I didn't know that sorry lol is "killing" better (:

if you're getting meat out of it, then that's different, I mean when people just go around shooting animals and then doing nothing with the bodies then that's terrible
and yeah, I can't do anything about it, but this thread asked for opinions so I gave mine :tongue:

Killing is much better.

The body will always be used if not by humans then other animals will feed off the corpse. Someone or something always benefits from the death of an animal.

There is no real difference whether you for meat, sport or pest control. Either way you are taking the life of an animal for your own gain. It is that simple. Some people will try to justify that what they did is somehow morally superior to another but that is simply not the case bar some very specific cases such an humane dispatch.

People are hypocrites and always will be, they eat meat but hate hunters.
Killing is much better.

The body will always be used if not by humans then other animals will feed off the corpse. Someone or something always benefits from the death of an animal.

There is no real difference whether you for meat, sport or pest control. Either way you are taking the life of an animal for your own gain. It is that simple. Some people will try to justify that what they did is somehow morally superior to another but that is simply not the case bar some very specific cases such an humane dispatch.

People are hypocrites and always will be, they eat meat but hate hunters.

I don't understand why some many people in this thread just don't get reality. They literally can't comprehend the fact that humans who are of right mind can kill, just for the fun of it. They are always maniacs or psychos or something because society can't handle the fact that we are killing machines.
Original post by ForgetMe
People don't need food? :teehee: Ehm, I don't feel any pleasure whilst eating meat or maybe I am doing something wrong?

Animals kill animals, I'm fine with that because they are from same chain but humans killing animals for fun is not okay.

Man don't act so stupid! I keep saying there are viable alternatives and you keep saying the same thing.

Okay so eating some food doesn't taste nice? It tastes like plain for you does it? You need to get your olfactory receptors checked out and your whole body for a matter of fact if you don't enjoy eating anything at all.

We are animals. Wow. You really think you are above 'monkey see, monkey do'?
Man I don't know if you are literally trolling with this point lol.
Original post by 41b
I haven't met any hunters who shoot animals purely for the fun of it. They usually respect the animal and use most parts of it.

It's funny that most people are happy to let chickens be electrically stunned and slaughtered en masse, but are too pathetic and cowardly to do the job themselves.

If you can't kill an animal yourself, you are as weak as a vegetarian and don't deserve to eat meat.

Oh no they cry foul when the chicken dies by halal or kosher, I know halal killing is done by being stunned almost to death anyway, but don't give a flying damn when it lives all its life in a tiny cage.

Killing animals is now seen as a repulsive thing, which should be done behind closed doors but the meat? It's fine.
I don't understand why some many people in this thread just don't get reality. They literally can't comprehend the fact that humans who are of right mind can kill, just for the fun of it. They are always maniacs or psychos or something because society can't handle the fact that we are killing machines.

Because they feel that society has pushed us away from our natural instincts. Most of us are taught that all violence is wrong and that killing is always wrong but fail to understand where their meat comes from or rather refuse to acknowledge it is more often the case.

I don't think human stupidity will ever change, people kill and other benefit from it. But because they didn't do the killing it is ok to criticise those who do it for them. People are morons.

Quick Reply

Latest