The Student Room Group

I don't understand why people hate Hunters?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DiddyDec
Because they feel that society has pushed us away from our natural instincts. Most of us are taught that all violence is wrong and that killing is always wrong but fail to understand where their meat comes from or rather refuse to acknowledge it is more often the case.

I don't think human stupidity will ever change, people kill and other benefit from it. But because they didn't do the killing it is ok to criticise those who do it for them. People are morons.

At least you have a clear understanding of this issue. I thought it was just me going bananas lol.
Original post by RiskVsReward
Man don't act so stupid! I keep saying there are viable alternatives and you keep saying the same thing.

Okay so eating some food doesn't taste nice? It tastes like plain for you does it? You need to get your olfactory receptors checked out and your whole body for a matter of fact if you don't enjoy eating anything at all.

We are animals. Wow. You really think you are above 'monkey see, monkey do'?
Man I don't know if you are literally trolling with this point lol.

You sound more like a troll.
Original post by ForgetMe
You sound more like a troll.

Coming from the person who takes no pleasure from eating and doesn't understand that humans are animals.
At least you have a clear understanding of this issue. I thought it was just me going bananas lol.

I'm a hunter, I like to weigh in on these issues to stop them being a hypocritical echo chamber.
Well of course if they wanted to go ahead and eat they could, but that'd be such a tiny population maybe less than 1%.
Coming from the person who takes no pleasure from eating and doesn't understand that humans are animals.

I'd feel more pleasure my hunting you down.
I'd feel more pleasure my hunting you down.

This is pretty bad to say, sounds almost like a threat, but I will take it lightly.
But your points are bad and trolling this somewhat serious discussion does none of us favours.

So if you would kindly leave, that'd be great.

Edit: I just realised you may be mad because I am hunter lol , I am only playing devils advocate here. I haven't killed animals for fun.
Because they feel that society has pushed us away from our natural instincts. Most of us are taught that all violence is wrong and that killing is always wrong but fail to understand where their meat comes from or rather refuse to acknowledge it is more often the case.

I don't think human stupidity will ever change, people kill and other benefit from it. But because they didn't do the killing it is ok to criticise those who do it for them. People are morons.

Someone might be sick in the head to hunt an innocent animal just for satisfaction of killing something that was a no danger to them. If it's so much okay, why don't you just become a prey yourself?
This is pretty bad to say, sounds almost like a threat, but I will take it lightly.
But your points are bad and trolling this somewhat serious discussion does none of us favours.

So if you would kindly leave, that'd be great.

Edit: I just realised you may be mad because I am hunter lol , I am only playing devils advocate here. I haven't killed animals for fun.

People are entitled to their own opinions and if I think hunting for pure satisfaction of killing a weaker opponent is fun, then it is so. You are not the judge, so shush, am not going anywhere.

How my points are bad? Basically, if I don't agree with hunting for fun, by your words, I'm wrong..
People are entitled to their own opinions and if I think hunting for pure satisfaction of killing a weaker opponent is fun, then it is so. You are not the judge, so shush, am not going anywhere.

How my points are bad? Basically, if I don't agree with hunting for fun, by your words, I'm wrong..

1) You said you don't gain pleasure from eating
2) You said humans are not animals, or at least not in their chain.
3) your English is so broken I can barely understand you.
Hindus and Buddhists believe that animals have rights too. They are mortal beings to deserve respect and shelter from harm too. It's similar in European philosophy.
Someone might be sick in the head to hunt an innocent animal just for satisfaction of killing something that was a no danger to them. If it's so much okay, why don't you just become a prey yourself?

I love it when people call animals innocent. Who judged them, what were they on trial for?

I enjoy hunting not just for the kill but for the show in skill and the event itself. Now I know what you are going to say, where is the skill in killing an animal with gun? Well I would like to see an untrained marksman take down a deer at 600m in one shot, it isn't as easy as point and shoot.

Why would I want to become the prey when I enjoy being the predator?
Funny how hunters need weapons or dogs to take down animals.

If you want to hunt, hunt with your bare hands. I've heard that's pretty fun.
lol I thought this thread was going to be about the wellies
Wrong humans dont require food to eat, thye do it for the pleasure of eating the animals vs vege food.

The thrill of hunting prey cant be understimated. This is the feeling of being a true animal like our anicent ancestors. kill or be killed.

Dolphins kill for fun. So do other animals. Are they wrong?

Please, read your own post and then think who's here with a broken English. And please, keep your excuses of typing errors to yourself, that'd be a poor choice for the excuse. Yes, yes, despite the fact that I've been speaking English as my 2nd language for over 16 years, it's still broken :toofunny:
I love it when people call animals innocent. Who judged them, what were they on trial for?

I enjoy hunting not just for the kill but for the show in skill and the event itself. Now I know what you are going to say, where is the skill in killing an animal with gun? Well I would like to see an untrained marksman take down a deer at 600m in one shot, it isn't as easy as point and shoot.

Why would I want to become the prey when I enjoy being the predator?

Like enaayrah have said, try it with your bear hands and wrestle down that deer, then brag about it :wink:

Do you even know how the animal feels when it's being hunted down? Oh yes, why would you care if you have no feelings. I am not against hunters who do it to reduce the population of certain species.
Original post by enaayrah
Funny how hunters need weapons or dogs to take down animals.

If you want to hunt, hunt with your bare hands. I've heard that's pretty fun.

All animals use some form of weapon to hunt which has been gained from evolution, lions use theirs claws and teeth, humans use their intelligence and opposable thumbs in order to create weapons.
Like enaayrah have said, try it with your bear hands and wrestle down that deer, then brag about it :wink:

Do you even know how the animal feels when it's being hunted down? Oh yes, why would you care if you have no feelings. I am not against hunters who do it to reduce the population of certain species.

The animals I have hunted didn't know they were being hunted until it was too late. I think it would be pretty cruel to bludgeon a deer to death. How long do you think it would take to beat a deer to death?

So you don't really care the animals at all. All you care about is the reason they were killed.
All animals use some form of weapon to hunt which has been gained from evolution, lions use theirs claws and teeth, humans use their intelligence and opposable thumbs in order to create weapons.

Difference being that lions kill to feed themselves, and while humans did once hunt to feed themselves too, hunting now is pretty unnecessary.
The animals I have hunted didn't know they were being hunted until it was too late. I think it would be pretty cruel to bludgeon a deer to death. How long do you think it would take to beat a deer to death?

So you don't really care the animals at all. All you care about is the reason they were killed.

I do care, that's why I don't turn into hunting. I'd only turn into hunting if there's was a threat to myself or my family as like for everyone else, my priority is my own safety and my family's. However, if an animal doesn't pose any danger to me, I would not go and kill it for fun.

Quick Reply

Latest