The Student Room Group

Halloween should be banned.

Halloween is fir evil sinners. Why are we celebrating monsters?

So it's ok to be a evil sinner?

Absolutely disgusting.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Totally agree with you. Why do we need to celebrate vampires, monsters, Devils and evil beings on the whole? Not exactly the best tradition for kids.
You're the monster D:
Plus people do all sorts of crazy **** on Halloween, it's not safe out there for minors :ninja:
Original post by Eggs20

Absolutely disgusting.

Take it easy, no one cares about what we actually celebrate, it's all about having fun, going out, having a drink etc.
Reply 5
Original post by Eggs20

Absolutely disgusting.

cos this is thriller thriller night
Reply 6
Original post by Eggs20

Absolutely disgusting.

It actually use to be a christian event.
Original post by arfah
Totally agree with you. Why do we need to celebrate vampires, monsters, Devils and evil beings on the whole? Not exactly the best tradition for kids.

You do know those things aren't real, right? :lol:
Original post by arfah

This is what it's become in the modern day. Not what it actually is.
The people who observe Halloween and send their children out to harass other people for sweets are going to straight hell so kick back and be cool.
(edited 8 years ago)
I wouldn't say it needs to be banned... But I will say that I don't get the celebration and the hype over it. I just can't see how dressing up as monsters, devils, zombies (and now celebrities) is a massive celebration. It's not like it's Christmas, Easter (even for the non-religious) or New Years, which all have a meaning to it.
Reply 11
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
You do know those things aren't real, right? :lol:

😳😨 no I didn't know that...! Thanks for letting me know. I'm still in shock...
If vampires, monsters, and evil beings actually existed, I would be wholeheartedly against celebrating them. Till then, I'll keep on trick-or-treating.
Reply 13
Original post by 0123456543210
Take it easy, no one cares about what we actually celebrate, it's all about having fun, going out, having a drink etc.

Fine tomorrow when I go outside I will run around the street biting people and everyone. Can start celebrating me.

Does that sound good to you?
It gives girls the opportunity to express their inner slut so it's fantastic
Original post by arfah
😳😨 no I didn't know that...! Thanks for letting me know. I'm still in shock...

Anytime. :wink:

Spoiler

Original post by Eggs20

Absolutely disgusting.

Jesus Christ, what a stupid post. Halloween is a Christian festival ffs, it's the day for remembering the influence of the Devil which can influence and corrupt our lives if we aren't careful. It's literally a festival designed to warn against sin and and promote God.

Actually it has pre-Christian roots, it was the day when the vale between this word and the Celtic Otherworld became thin and evil spirits could have the most influence. But even then it was designed to ward away and protect against the evil spirits. That's what pumpkins are for, to scare them away from your house. Look at any older Church and you'll see gargoyles and grotesque sculptures, they serve the same purpose as pumpkins (or in the old Scottish tradition, turnips): they protect from the power of Satan.
Reply 17
I bet you lot are fun at parties...
Reply 18
Original post by york_wbu
It actually use to be a christian event.

It's actually a pagan event
Original post by Novascope
I wouldn't say it needs to be banned... But I will say that I don't get the celebration and the hype over it. I just can't see how dressing up as monsters, devils, zombies (and now celebrities) is a massive celebration. It's not like it's Christmas, Easter (even for the non-religious) or New Years, which all have a meaning to it.

Doesn't have a meaning? I...

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest