The Student Room Group

Are guys generally nicer than girls?

So after a recent event where a girl brutally called out someone I was insecure on it got me thinking!

I would never dare make fun of a fat girl for being fat or an ugly girl and so on for no reason what so ever. However I've found girls can be quite insensitive when it comes to insulting guys! (perhaps encouraged by the stereotype that guys don't have "feelings" so its okay). Obviously guys will do this to women as well but I find that's only when they're defensive after a rejection or something like that.

It's not only that, a lot of girls are bitchy about one another, they'll be catty with each other.. whereas guys will banter but that's never serious. They may partake in physical violence too but even after that there's usually a mutual respect and it never carries on after that.

Also find guys will be a lot less ruthless when it comes to talking about exes compared to girls!

Now I know this isn't true for every girl or every guy so I want you to share your input!

Scroll to see replies

I see what you mean. If an unattractive girl tried to ask me out I would be as nice as possible in letting her down. On the other hand i get the feeling that if i asked out someone attractive they would more likely be quite bitchy about it "oh that ugly guy tried to ask me out hahaha what a creep lol" etc , obviously as you said there mean people from both genders and lots of nice people as well, but it kind of seems to me that girls would be less kind in that respect
Yes
In my experience, guys are dicks, so I'd say it's the other way round.
Reply 4
Original post by ILovePancakes
In my experience, guys are dicks, so I'd say it's the other way round.

How so?
in our defense............ girls have hormones and say what they think even if it hurts
Reply 6
Original post by sana_malik
in our defense............ girls have hormones and say what they think even if it hurts

And guys have hormones too... what's your point? Honestly, I mean I hope you're not condoning ****ty behaviour just 'because hormones'.

Also, and this is in a similar vein, I've seen some girls use PMS as an excuse to act like a gaping ******* to people. It's not an excuse. No matter how you feel or what pain you're in, you're don't get a free pass to be a douchebag to people. I'm not generalising btw, I said some girls, just to make that abundantly clear.
Well this opened up a can of worms....

But yeah, if a girl who was a relative stranger asked me out that I didn't find her attractive, I would not call her weird unless she actually did something stalkerish etc. Before I've been called a weirdo, not doing that, but more standing near a girl who thinks she's gods gift. Not even looking at them etc, completely out of the blue "why would I get with someone like you". Another time I remember once dancing with a girl, her mate came up to me and poured a drink on my head because apparently, making out with her mate and dancing made me a weirdo in her eyes.

In terms to private conversation bitchyness, I would say guys and girls are similar, but guys use more reserved language, especially when talking about girls.

The one example would be 'banter', I'm yet to see a woman who overstepped the mark and they generally be quite respectful of potential insecurities. Guys on the other hand will roast someone for being fat, balding etc etc which I would be quite surprised to hear from a woman during banter.
Original post by Danz123
And guys have hormones too... what's your point? Honestly, I mean I hope you're not condoning ****ty behaviour just 'because hormones'.

Also, and this is in a similar vein, I've seen some girls use PMS as an excuse to act like a gaping ******* to people. It's not an excuse. No matter how you feel or what pain you're in, you're don't get a free pass to be a douchebag to people. I'm not generalising btw, I said some girls, just to make that abundantly clear.

loool you guys are really...... cant find the right word to describe it
but your right SOME girls and i was talking about them.
You get different types of people and bitchiness and all that ****.... its what makes life interesting even though its a pain in the ass...... it makes us who we are...... if that makes sense
Unsure. My opinion is slightly coloured by the fact the worse person I have ever met was female. And I mean nobody else even held a candle to her. Ignoring her in my experience guys are the less nice.
loool you guys are really...... cant find the right word to describe it
but your right SOME girls and i was talking about them.
You get different types of people and bitchiness and all that ****.... its what makes life interesting even though its a pain in the ass...... it makes us who we are...... if that makes sense

What are we? I'm assuming whatever adjective you're trying to get at is negative lol

I mean you said it was 'because hormones' before, and now you're saying it aint all that bad and is even the spice of life; it 'makes life interesting' in your words. In all honesty who we are is rather more complex than whatever outbursts of *******ry we have at any given time, though I will concede that it may give one an insight into a person's character.
Original post by Danz123
What are we? I'm assuming whatever adjective you're trying to get at is negative lol
not negative...... something between adamant on making a point as well as passionate on this topic including a whole load of POSITIVE things.

Original post by Danz123
I mean you said it was 'because hormones' before, and now you're saying it aint all that bad and is even the spice of life; it 'makes life interesting' in your words. In all honesty who we are is rather more complex than whatever outbursts of *******ry we have at any given time, though I will concede that it may give one an insight into a person's character.

but it is cause of hormones for guys and girls if your pissed/angry etc you say stuff
and if you in a good mood you say good stuff...... and the **** you said about [QUOTE=Danz123;60315991 who we are is rather more complex thats a whole different topic i just said you get these people in life and you face them
not negative...... something between adamant on making a point as well as passionate on this topic including a whole load of POSITIVE things.

but it is cause of hormones for guys and girls if your pissed/angry etc you say stuff
and if you in a good mood you say good stuff...... and the **** you said about thats a whole different topic i just said you get these people in life and you face them

OK well that's cool then, at least it's not negative haha

Well it's not as simple as that but sure, if you're angry you're more likely to take it out on someone else versus when you're in a good mood. My point was just that no mood you're in justifies crappy behaviour. If I were in an irritable mood for example because my day went very badly, noone should take my **** just because I'm in a bad mood. People should learn to modulate and control their behaviour around others; not just say whatever's on their mind as if someone won't give it back to them lmao.

I suppose we can't control what other people do though, so I agree that in life we'll eventually face people with a short-fuse who may take their anger out on others.
Dunno about nicer, but we a definitely more superior to girls.
Original post by Danz123
OK well that's cool then, at least it's not negative haha

Well it's not as simple as that but sure, if you're angry you're more likely to take it out on someone else versus when you're in a good mood. My point was just that no mood you're in justifies crappy behaviour. If I were in an irritable mood for example because my day went very badly, noone should take my **** just because I'm in a bad mood. People should learn to modulate and control their behaviour around others; not just say whatever's on their mind as if someone won't give it back to them lmao.

I suppose we can't control what other people do though, so I agree that in life we'll eventually face people with a short-fuse who may take their anger out on others.

hahaha yeah i get you
Original post by Anonymous
Dunno about nicer, but we a definitely more superior to girls.

sexist..... someone was gonna say it might as well be me
Oh this is not true! In school I got called fat, ugly etc by mostly guys (barely any girls)
But yeah, girls can be quite bitchy and jealous at times I admit that.
Original post by Anonymous
So after a recent event where a girl brutally called out someone I was insecure on it got me thinking!

I would never dare make fun of a fat girl for being fat or an ugly girl and so on for no reason what so ever. However I've found girls can be quite insensitive when it comes to insulting guys! (perhaps encouraged by the stereotype that guys don't have "feelings" so its okay). Obviously guys will do this to women as well but I find that's only when they're defensive after a rejection or something like that.

It's not only that, a lot of girls are bitchy about one another, they'll be catty with each other.. whereas guys will banter but that's never serious. They may partake in physical violence too but even after that there's usually a mutual respect and it never carries on after that.

Also find guys will be a lot less ruthless when it comes to talking about exes compared to girls!

Now I know this isn't true for every girl or every guy so I want you to share your input!

I agree
Another thread where **** is gonna go down. This is stupid. Every girl is gonna disagree, every guy is gonna agree.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending