The Student Room Group

Finding it hard to get a boyfriend, should I just get a FWB?

I just need some affection so bad, and to experience touch. I'm pretty much undatable but I know I could get a f*** buddy pretty easily.

What should I do?
Original post by Anonymous
I just need some affection so bad, and to experience touch. I'm pretty much undatable but I know I could get a f*** buddy pretty easily.

What should I do?

Why do you think you're "undatable"?

Also, FWB can get complicated so it's not as easy as it sounds.
Reply 2
Original post by Indeterminate
Why do you think you're "undatable"?

Also, FWB can get complicated so it's not as easy as it sounds.

I'm not pretty enough for anyone to want to date me and I'm older than all the guys I'm surrounded by.
Hell yeah get a FWB. Pretty much any female could get one within ten minuets
I'm not pretty enough for anyone to want to date me and I'm older than all the guys I'm surrounded by.

^I'm not sure I believe that.

Age shouldn't be an issue. You should just look for ways to get to know people who are your own age :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
How old are you?
If that's what you want, then pursue it. Just don't mislead any body and make your intentions/attitudes clear.
Reply 7
Original post by +CompSci+
How old are you?

well you're not particularly old..
Reply 9
Original post by +CompSci+
well you're not particularly old..

But I'm a 3rd year undergrad so I'm 5-6 years older than the guys I'm surrounded by. And I feel most guys my age would not want to date a student.
Original post by Emily.97
If that's what you want, then pursue it. Just don't mislead any body and make your intentions/attitudes clear.

I want a boyfriend but I think I'm only good enough for sex. I just want to be held tbh.
I have a suspicion that a lot of people would be happier if there were less focus on relationships and more focus on FWB instead!:ninja:
So my answer would be yes, OP, if that's what you think you would like.:smile:
I want a boyfriend but I think I'm only good enough for sex. I just want to be held tbh.

Don't say that about yourself:slap:

If all you want is affection, do not make a full commitment to someone.
Original post by Emily.97
If all you want is affection, do not make a full commitment to someone.

I want other things too but mostly I just need to feel something real.
I want other things too but mostly I just need to feel something real.

FWB is perhaps not the way then. Tried dating apps, OP?
Reply 16

Awww :frown::frown:

Please don't think that about yourself. I don't think for one minute that you're not dateable. Don't sell yourself short or let yourself be used. I'm your age and would date a student without a second thought.

If I could reach over and give you a hug I would! Hope you get what you want :smile:
Reply 17
Just go out and talk to people. :biggrin:

What should I do?
What makes you think you're undateable?

Don't put yourself down like that :hugs:
pm me, I'll sort you out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending