The Student Room Group

University course VS University Reputation

Hi guys,

I applied for UK universities for 2016 and got offers for Nottingham (Economics) and Warwick (Management).

I was wondering as to what would yield generally a better university experience and help me in the future.

Warwick has the overall reputation and name as a great university while Nottingham is also a good university but not on the same level reputation wise. However, Economics at Nottingham is a more traditional subject and favoured by employers.

What would you suggest is a better option?
Definitely Nottingham Econ.
Original post by melanin101
Definitely Nottingham Econ.

Why do you say that?
I would also strongly suggest Econ at Nottingham. Subject wise Economic's is highly regarded and is 9th in the UK if you were to study at Nottingham, although it is not as high as Warwick, the student satisfaction rate (as well as Nottingham being a great city) means you would probably benefit from greater uni life as well as more versatile job prospects :smile: Visit them on their open days :smile:
Original post by gerrardcoutinho
Hi guys,

I applied for UK universities for 2016 and got offers for Nottingham (Economics) and Warwick (Management).

I was wondering as to what would yield generally a better university experience and help me in the future.

Warwick has the overall reputation and name as a great university while Nottingham is also a good university but not on the same level reputation wise. However, Economics at Nottingham is a more traditional subject and favoured by employers.

You can't go wrong with either. Though if you want to go into banking, Warwick has the edge with being a target university - Nottingham sends quite a fair bit in too, but not to the same extent and are thus dubbed a 'semi-target'.

For pretty much anything else, it doesn't matter. Obviously you need to ascertain whether you would ever want to work as a certified Economist or not as that is the only difference between the two courses; bearing in mind you need a masters on top of a bachelors in economics to actually become one. Other than that, it's entirely up to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Hi guys,

They are both different courses... Simply choose the one you actually enjoy more... You will spend three years of your life studying it, after all!
Reply 6
Hi guys,

may I ask when did you apply for it and get the offer for warwick one?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending