The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Getting into law at Leeds

I really want to study law at leeds however I don't know if my gcse grades are good enough.I got 2A*'s 5A's and 4B's. I'm hoping to achieve AAA at a level.On their website they say they want a substantial number of high passes
Original post by StudyD
I really want to study law at leeds however I don't know if my gcse grades are good enough.I got 2A*'s 5A's and 4B's. I'm hoping to achieve AAA at a level.On their website they say they want a substantial number of high passes

Your best bet would be to email the admissions tutor at Leeds and they can tell you if they've accepted anyone in the past with your set of grades :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
I've got a Spanish equivalent of GCSE's that are substantially lower than your GCSE's and A*AB at A-level, which doesn't even meet their requirements - I still got in. They often accept people that didn't meet the required grades for their A-levels (eg. AAB instead of AAA). I wouldn't worry if I was you.
Reply 3
Original post by Roman95
I've got a Spanish equivalent of GCSE's that are substantially lower than your GCSE's and A*AB at A-level, which doesn't even meet their requirements - I still got in. They often accept people that didn't meet the required grades for their A-levels (eg. AAB instead of AAA). I wouldn't worry if I was you.

Okay thanks, what's it like a Leeds do you like, and do you you live on campus?
Reply 4
Anyone got any offers?
Reply 5
I've been predicted AAB, but I'm desperate to go to Leeds to study Law, so I'm hoping to achieve AAA, do you think I'll even get an offer?
Reply 6
Original post by ALEH1997
I've been predicted AAB, but I'm desperate to go to Leeds to study Law, so I'm hoping to achieve AAA, do you think I'll even get an offer?

I'm exactly the same as you! Predicted AAB, and want to study Law. I've applied, and I'm expecting a rejection to be honest, but I really want to go! Sad times :')
Reply 7
Original post by Steph_af
I'm exactly the same as you! Predicted AAB, and want to study Law. I've applied, and I'm expecting a rejection to be honest, but I really want to go! Sad times :':wink:

Are you eligble for access to leeds, you could get your offer made lower by two grades?
Reply 8
Original post by StudyD
Are you eligble for access to leeds, you could get your offer made lower by two grades?

Hey, I doubt I am eligible for Access to leeds, just didn't do as well as I wanted at AS levels unfortunately.

However, just got an offer from Leeds! It's for AAA but its better than a rejection, and I was expecting a rejection.
Reply 9
Hey, I doubt I am eligible for Access to leeds, just didn't do as well as I wanted at AS levels unfortunately.

However, just got an offer from Leeds! It's for AAA but its better than a rejection, and I was expecting a rejection.

That's great!If it all goes well you'll get in, I'm hoping to apply next year
Reply 10

If you don't mind me asking what gcse grades did you get? And do you know what they expect candidates to have at gcse?
Reply 11
Original post by StudyD
If you don't mind me asking what gcse grades did you get? And do you know what they expect candidates to have at gcse?

I got 2 A*, 7As and 2Bs at GCSE, I believe most unis don't really look at GCSE grades too much, it's normally just making sure you got at least B/C grades in Maths and English at GCSE.

On the Leeds website it says to gain a substantial number of grades at a high standard, I'd interpret this has 9+ GCSEs as 9 seems to be the normal amount, and b and above grades!

I'd say the main thing that matters is your AS level grades though, so just work hard at them, because I did pretty much no revision and that's not the way to go about it haha.
I got 2 A*, 7As and 2Bs at GCSE, I believe most unis don't really look at GCSE grades too much, it's normally just making sure you got at least B/C grades in Maths and English at GCSE.

On the Leeds website it says to gain a substantial number of grades at a high standard, I'd interpret this has 9+ GCSEs as 9 seems to be the normal amount, and b and above grades!

I'd say the main thing that matters is your AS level grades though, so just work hard at them, because I did pretty much no revision and that's not the way to go about it haha.

I doubt they even look for that, my friend who barely scraped 5 GCSEs + Btecs, applied for engineering and got an offer. Leeds is one of those universities for which you are guaranteed a place as long as you don't **** up greatly on your PS or get UUUU at AS. It isn't a bad uni by any means, but I honestly never heard of anyone being rejected from it, unlike from LSE, UCL etc.

Quick Reply

Latest