The Student Room Group

Right, my car was egged last night

Scroll to see replies

I'm glad you wrote this.

Read above, I just wrote something similar before I even read what you posted. I'm glad you understand this as well
Original post by Phoebe Buffay
Can't believe the people in this thread. OP does not want to buy sweets for halloween. The end. Stop trying to convince him otherwise.

OP I'm sorry for your car. Halloween is one of the many occasions when children can act like complete ***** and get away with it. There's not much more you can do except wash your car and make sure it is ok. Don't give in.

Thank you very much for your sincere reply and condolences.

It feels as though almost every person on this thread is saying I deserved to have my property egged
Original post by I love life
Right, I will try to remember to switch off the lights next year on Halloween and see if it saves me getting egged. Suppose it depends what mood the kids are in on the night, if they are in a sulk they may just egg property regardless
I don't see the idea of parking several streets away , like you said they'd probably just egg the house instead.
And even if I did park several streets away, my car could still get egged .

Last year trying to clean the egg off my car almost made me sick, it realreally stank as I think it was a rotten egg, it was cold but dry weather last Halloween so by the next day it was dried on. Took hours to try and clean it off and had to be careful not to damage paintwork. In the end I couldnt get all of it off so I gave up

Thank goodness Halloween isn't in Summer when it's hot, otherwise the egg would be almost impossible to remove once baked on by the heat of the sun

Jesus says we should not worship anybody but him. If you celebrate Halloween then you worship Satan. If you hand out sweets then you are participating in Halloween and also are encouraging children too as well

What horrible little monsters; I guess they really did take on the Halloween spirit, eh?

If they've egged your car before in previous years they sure as heck don't deserve any sweets off you. They don't deserve any sweets whatsoever period. Appalling parenting on the part of their guardians.

You shouldn't have to put up with this chavvy behaviour but chances are if they're doing it to you they are probably doing it to others. I would suggest cameras but obviously they would be in costume.

If you know they are go and have some stern words with their parents. If not I guess you would just have to confront them in the act.
Lmao at people trying to justify this because the OP didn't give out sweets due to their religion.

It is NOT okay to do something like this just because "it's halloween and x didn't give us sweets" jeez maybe some of you need to get a better grip of reality.
I'm glad you wrote this.

Read above, I just wrote something similar before I even read what you posted. I'm glad you understand this as well

Some pastors advocate giving sweets out but also with Christian tracts and even go so far as to say hosting your own Halloween party but with biblical figures instead of devils and monster costumes.

Maybe try that next year OP?
Original post by Inexorably
Lmao at people trying to justify this because the OP didn't give out sweets due to their religion.

It is NOT okay to do something like this just because "it's halloween and x didn't give us sweets" jeez maybe some of you need to get a better grip of reality.

Can't believe the people in this thread. OP does not want to buy sweets for halloween. The end. Stop trying to convince him otherwise.

OP I'm sorry for your car. Halloween is one of the many occasions when children can act like complete ***** and get away with it. There's not much more you can do except wash your car and make sure it is ok. Don't give in.

:ditto:
I can't believe people are acting like this is his fault for not buying sweets.:curious: If people don't want to take part in Hallowe'en, then that is fine and absolutely does not make it okay for their property to be vandalised. I'm sorry about your car, OP:hugs:
Because I know the Bible, I know the word of God, of Jesus.

In Islam the followers worship a man, just an average man who lived a long time ago and he was nothing more than that. Followers of Islam may as well just go and worship Alan who lives down the road if they are worshipping Allah

Jesus Christ is the creator of everything and everybody, he is the way the truth and the life. It is only through Jesus that one can recieve Salvation and an eternity in his Heavenly paradise

Those who worship false gods, ie Allah will go to hell

why dont you worship the holy spirit or the father? why only jesus you worship. these are all supposed to be god in different forms.

plus i can ask you to give me a quote where jesus himself said he is god?
Original post by Hibzish
why dont you worship the holy spirit or the father? why only jesus you worship. these are all supposed to be god in different forms.

plus i can ask you to give me a quote where jesus himself said he is god?

We worship all three as all three are different forms of the Christian God. It's kinda like how water can be steam, water and ice and yet is the same molecule. When you become a Christian the Holy Spirit is supposed to come into your heart but in the Bible it says it is Jesus/God that comes into your heart. So basically God is both in your heart and in heaven at the same time. You worship God/Jesus/The Holy Spirit by obeying the Holy Spirit in your heart and following the Bible.

It's kind of hard to explain if you are not a Christian.

For verses:

http://bugman123.com/Bible/JesusIsGod.html
Reply 28
#firstworldproblems

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
I'm still in my PJ's laying in bed writing this. I woke up a few minutes ago to hear raised voices coming from the chavvy neighbour s next door. Now they've retreated back indoors

So, I just lifted up the window nets slightly, enough so that I could see if my car was okay following Halloween last night as where we live lots of people walk by and we had a lot of trick or treater's last night, every single knock went unanswered as we do not celebrate Halloween, we are Christian.

So my car is parked at the side of the house on the road, I can only see one side of my car from this window, the passenger side. It is very misty today and rather wet but I'm sure I can see egg on my bonnet, I'm sure its not just dew from mist. I can see like egg lines on my car bonnet, at least that is what I think it is.

I will go and check my car over after I have another little sleep. I hope its not egg and hope the rest of my car is okay

I've only had this car several months and it is in black

My previous silver car got egged last year on mischief night

This is 2015

Instead of writing a thread on how your car got potentially egged, why not just go check?

It's a shame I had to scroll so far down to read common sense.
Original post by AngryRedhead
Some pastors advocate giving sweets out but also with Christian tracts and even go so far as to say hosting your own Halloween party but with biblical figures instead of devils and monster costumes.

Maybe try that next year OP?

I've heard about this before and its a good idea I suppose. My stepdad was a pastor and once lead the Church, I remember one year and I was only a kid, around 10 years old I think and he organised a church party celebrating Jesus on Halloween can't remember all the ins/outs but thought it was a good idea
Sadly he fell back into sin and went off with another woman and we haven seen him now for about 10 years, My Mum is still married to him though

Yes, they do seem to take on the Halloween spirit every single year and it seems like I'm one of their targets every Halloween to throw eggs at. It's been several years in a row on Halloween that I've been egged and had my property egged.
I think it was the year before last , I was walking home on Halloween when some yobs lobbed an egg very hard at me, hitting me on the ribs and it hurt and left a red mark and my clothes were basically ruined.

I think the parents would just give abuse if I went to speak to them tbh
Original post by zKlown
This is 2015

Instead of writing a thread on how your car got potentially egged, why not just go check?

Sorry, I forgot to update everybody

Yes, my car has been egged with 2 eggs, one looks like it was smashed into my bonnet but missed windshield, another egg made impact with rear drivers side door hitting window , egg splattered everywhere

It's going to be a nightmare to clean it off but as it has been damp and misty this morning it should be a bit easier to clean off.

No scratch or dent from the impact of the egg this time either
Well said BROTHER

can I ask how long you've been a Christian for ?
Just pray to God next year to protect your car.
Use cold water not hot to remove it
Egging is probably a bunch of chavs using it as an excuse to cause trouble .
IMHO if you are old enough ( nowadays) to trick or treat without a grown up with you, you are too old to do it.

Not a believer but Halloween is not a pagan culture ( in Christian terms) it is supposed to celebrate the recently. Dead . The people knocking on doors were supposed to receive gifts in exchange for praying for the dead. The trick part is an American invention from the 1930's

Next time offer sweets, but open the door wearing nothing but tiny leopard print tight underwear, and invite the kids in. They will run away and never come back.
Okay
I read most of them and i dont know the ones where jesus himself is speaking? if you could give some verses just to make it more clear would be appreciated

And do you believe he is son of god or he is god himself? because i know some christians believe he is son of god
I'm still in my PJ's laying in bed writing this. I woke up a few minutes ago to hear raised voices coming from the chavvy neighbour s next door. Now they've retreated back indoors

So, I just lifted up the window nets slightly, enough so that I could see if my car was okay following Halloween last night as where we live lots of people walk by and we had a lot of trick or treater's last night, every single knock went unanswered as we do not celebrate Halloween, we are Christian.

So my car is parked at the side of the house on the road, I can only see one side of my car from this window, the passenger side. It is very misty today and rather wet but I'm sure I can see egg on my bonnet, I'm sure its not just dew from mist. I can see like egg lines on my car bonnet, at least that is what I think it is.

I will go and check my car over after I have another little sleep. I hope its not egg and hope the rest of my car is okay

I've only had this car several months and it is in black

My previous silver car got egged last year on mischief night

Just a bit of nonsense really, who ever egged your car owes you a free car wash.
Original post by Hibzish
Okay
I read most of them and i dont know the ones where jesus himself is speaking? if you could give some verses just to make it more clear would be appreciated

And do you believe he is son of god or he is god himself? because i know some christians believe he is son of god

All of the Bible is the Word of God, therefore all of it is God/Jesus/Holy Spirit speaking. Read the verses again and meditate on them. The combinations of verses point towards a Triune God.

I believe Jesus is God in the flesh. When someone says Jesus is the Son of God they are merely quoting scripture but it is the same meaning; Both phrases mean that Jesus is God Himself in the flesh.

You cannot understand because the natural man receives not the things of the spirit and the devil has blinded the eyes of those who do not believe but if you truly believe in Jesus as your Lord and Saviour He will save you from your sins and from a painful afterlife
I can't believe everybody is saying that there is nothing wrong in egging somebodies property, I bet you wouldn't say that if you had your property egged

I'm not saying that at all, just saying that posting it to a forum is totally stupid and irrelevant what do you want us to do? Wash it off for you? To add, my property has been egged before. I didn't post to TSR to give people who couldn't give a toss live updates regarding the state of my windows. I got a bucket of soapy water and cleaned it, then I went to work. It was really difficult to resist the urge of posting to TSR about it. I don't know how I had the willpower to go on.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest