The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This thread is hilarious, I do love it when the kids of the upper middle class in their private schools come up about white working class being lazy. You haven't got a ****ing clue what you're talking about, not a ****ing clue.

What some have said on here is true, the double standards are painfully stupid; say women earn less because they're lazy and take time off work or that minorities don't achieve because they're lazy and you'd be slaughtered, absolutely slaughtered. Say it about the white working class male though and it's perfectly fine.

Disgusting doesn't even come close to the terms I'd like to use to describe some of the people on this thread holding that view from the comfort of their 5 bedroom house in Surrey in their private school with their accountant daddy helping them with their a-level maths. Smh
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
If they are really bothered they should either help the white males or encourage them to do better, in my experience some white males just don't give a **** about education so i'm not too surprised

It's funny - If I said something like this about black or asian people or something then I would be lauded as a racist. Yet it's fine for you andyour 13 likes to say so.

This is exactly why working class white males are underperforming - because we are the most discriminated against.

Now as for you, why don't you go back to the hellhole of a country you came from you racist pig?
Original post by Novascope
Who's bombarding them with messages of extreme privilege? Let's not be dramatic now. This isn't really new news. I've heard that working/underclass white boys are underachievers. Nobody is telling them they're privileged which is the cause of their failure. Even if that was true, how is that a reason for them underachieving? Someone else commented on here saying that they tend to be lazier, which is true. Even now that I'm at university I see it. The working class white boys throughout my school years were always uninterested or too lazy to push themselves into doing better. They're not resentful and angry, who are they angry at? Lol.

ye? and why don't you dig into your chicken wings and go rob someone?
Not surprising really, boys have underperformed girls in education for an incredibly long time and the damn feminazis don't know what the hell they're banging on about when they start spouting that the education system is ''massively swayed against women''.

It is rather worrying that white do tend to do much worse than other ethnicities though, regardless of gender.
Original post by leinad2012
This thread is hilarious, I do love it when the kids of the upper middle class in their private schools come up about white working class being lazy. You haven't got a ****ing clue what you're talking about, not a ****ing clue.
i didn't go to a private school. I saw just how lazy the people around where I lived were. I do have a clue, a very good clue.Swearing-the language of the intelligent, articulate and hard working.
This thread is hilarious though; "god damm middle class and immigrants taking our grades!":angry: Hilarious.
What some have said on here is true, the double standards are painfully stupid; say women earn less because they're lazy and take time off work or that minorities don't achieve because they're lazy and you'd be slaughtered, absolutely slaughtered. Say it about the white working class male though and it's perfectly fine.

Disgusting doesn't even come close to the terms I'd like to use to describe some of the people on this thread holding that view from the comfort of their 5 bedroom house in Surrey in their private school with their accountant daddy helping them with their a-level maths. Smh

Always the fault of someone else when you don't achieve. When your grades are low, it is always the fault of someone else. If you want good grades YOU have to study for them. Slating the successful like you do won't boost your grade (unless jealousy is now a GCSE).

Perhaps you could learn from the people you insult?
You say accountant daddy helps with their a level maths; how many parents of the less successful take an interest in their kids education, help them with their homework every night? Just ask teachers what parents evening is like; the teachers tell the parents where their kid needs to improve, and the parent goes mental and starts getting angry when it is suggested that their little darling is a lazy oaf.
Poor parenting is not the fault of those who show good parenting. Indeed, the private school people you are so jealous of you should be thankful for; they pay all their taxes but don't use state education. They pay their tax but don't use up a large amount they are entitled to. This means more money for non-fee paying schools, and less people in them. Win win. I saw it that way anyway.

Rather than other people not having a clue why some groups seem determined to under-achieve, it seems you have no clue why successful people are indeed successful and no desire to copy them either.

Wallow in bitterness and jealousy by all means though.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by VergeofInsanity
It's funny - If I said something like this about black or asian people or something then I would be lauded as a racist. Yet it's fine for you andyour 13 likes to say so.

This is exactly why working class white males are underperforming - because we are the most discriminated against.

Now as for you, why don't you go back to the hellhole of a country you came from you racist pig?

I can take a guess that if the country had a poll with two options;
1) Racist bitter under-achiever can leave the country or
2) the person you are insulting can leave

I reckon the first person would get their plane ticket paid for them.

Verge of insanity? You have past that point long ago.

ye? and why don't you dig into your chicken wings and go rob someone?

Oh look, more racism. Nevermind the fact that based on how vulgar you seem to be you are the one more likely to be snacking on excessive amounts of fast food and robbing people.
Original post by TheMoralStruggle
Much like dealing with the worrying level of English homelessness, its not really considered an issue of any importance by the elite.

I agree with this. Like I said before, some groups are allowed to fall by the side.

Syrian coming in to the country? WE MUST HOUSE THEM! And Bob Geldof pees we take them into our own home.
Homeless Brit? Go away. Don't beg near me. No one will take you into their home.

Some groups are not seen as important sadly. That said, people have to take responsibility for their own problems to. If you are underachieving at school, well I have already said why you must look at yourself. If you are homeless you have to see how many of them spend their money on booze and drugs. The state has some role-appropriate mental health for ex servicemen for example.

In short, policy needs to change but blaming other people for YOUR problem, absolving yourself of any blame, is ludicrous. The person who is in the best position to help yourself will always be...yourself. If you aren't taking all the steps you can to help yourself, you can't criticise government for not doing so and using tax payers money in the process.
Original post by i<3milkshake
Always the fault of someone else when you don't achieve. When your grades are low, it is always the fault of someone else. If you want good grades YOU have to study for them. Slating the successful like you do won't boost your grade (unless jealousy is now a GCSE).

Perhaps you could learn from the people you insult?
You say accountant daddy helps with their a level maths; how many parents of the less successful take an interest in their kids education, help them with their homework every night? Just ask teachers what parents evening is like; the teachers tell the parents where their kid needs to improve, and the parent goes mental and starts getting angry when it is suggested that their little darling is a lazy ****.
Poor parenting is not the fault of those who show good parenting. Indeed, the private school people you are so jealous of you should be thankful for; they pay all their taxes but don't use state education. They pay their tax but don't use up a large amount they are entitled to. This means more money for non-fee paying schools, and less people in them. Win win. I saw it that way anyway.

Rather than other people not having a clue why some groups seem determined to under-achieve, it seems you have no clue why successful people are indeed successful and no desire to copy them either.

Wallow in bitterness and jealousy by all means though.

That's cute. Unfortunately though, I wasn't referring to myself when talking about the failing working class. I don't want to brag on this forum so I'll let you look at my profile and my posts so that you can see that in fact, I did not fail my exams and am not wallowing in self pity, in fact, I did pretty well. :smile:

The point I am making is that a LOT of people on this forum have had a HUGE amount of help from their parents and their schools, so assume failure of the working class is merely laziness. That is not the case in the slightest. Unfortunately, a LOT of working class white kids are born into unstable families who don't view education as important and have very few role models. These kids know nothing other than the world they are brought up in, where school is deemed pointless and education worthless. Of course, some parents will try to instil a belief in education and hard work in their kids, but most won't. As a result, these kids don't have a good attitude in school, don't see it's worth and don't achieve their potential. If you took that child, and put them into a supportive family network, they would do much better.
So the question is, how does the state attempt to replicate this family network that would allow them to succeed, within the education sector? The answer, they aren't even trying to, they simply don't give a ****. They're too busy dealing with non problems like minority results (which by the way are much better in pretty much every social category to white counterparts) and female results (again which outstrip their white male counterparts), and minority and women in business days which are COMPLETELY unnecessary. It's a sorry, sorry state of affairs when those that are doing the worst are the ones that are given the least help. I know this is the case, this happened to many of my white working class male friends, who wanted to do well, but were given up on. You can deny it, but I saw it every day for 5 years at my bang average state school. YES, a big part of the blame lies with the parents, but schools HAVE to try to help these kids as much as possible to make up for their parents short falls.
Also a LOT of these parent CAN'T help, because they don't have the knowledge themselves. Take my parents, they both came from working class backgrounds but I would say we are middle class now. They helped me a ridiculous amount in my early years of education, but couldn't help at all past year 10 where their knowledge ended. Fortunately all the incredible support they gave when I was younger paid off and the culture of succeeding did too and I did well, but I definitely had a lot less help than my peers at uni did when they were doing GCSE's. They've told me that much.

The fact is, these kids are being left behind, and we need to do EVERYTHING in our power to bring them back. One method my old school now does is offers vocational courses like car mechanics, get speakers and mentors in to give these kids positive role models and tells them "look you could be like these guys running their own garages, but you NEED those GCSE's so you can go to college, get the qualifications and become a mechanic". And you know what? Results have improved DRASTICALLY, because my old school has stopped giving up on these kids, has shown them achievable role models and got them to achieve their potential. And if every school did that, well, we'd be going some way to fixing the problem :colonhash:
I actually learned about this in sociology, there have been loads of studies done into this and they come up with plenty of explanations. Also if it was the idea that white males have privilege that is influencing how well they do in school, it shouldn't hinder them but help them - i.e. cause self fulfilling prophecies.

A big reason is laddism, so basically white males and their friends valuing "being a lad" over education, as that's not seen as something that's cool to them, unlike, say, chasing girls. ALSO, a massive reason for poor white boys specifically is that they don't see education as being something that's beneficial to them - teaching them things like maths and english literature instead of valuable life skills, like manual labour related things. I'd recommend reading up on Paul Willis' "learning to labour" study.

Spoiler

Original post by i<3milkshake
I can take a guess that if the country had a poll with two options;
1) Racist bitter under-achiever can leave the country or
2) the person you are insulting can leave

I reckon the first person would get their plane ticket paid for them.

Verge of insanity? You have past that point long ago.

Oh look, more racism. Nevermind the fact that based on how vulgar you seem to be you are the one more likely to be snacking on excessive amounts of fast food and robbing people.

**** off you scum. what do you know about my achievements you plum? I am doing more than fine at university you retard.

And how was what I said any more or less worse than what was said by the quotes earlier? ONE MINDED BIASED BIGOTTED PRICK
**** off you scum. what do you know about my achievements you plum? I am doing more than fine at university you retard.

And how was what I said any more or less worse than what was said by the quotes earlier? ONE MINDED BIASED BIGOTTED PRICK

You and the guy above;
Yep, you don't sound bitter and jealous at all with your racist, swearing ranting:smile:. The jealousy and contempt you hold for those that have done well in life is incredible.

I don't care about your achievements, I don't want your life story you "plum", I can tell enough about you by the absolute meltdown you are having on here.

"Plum" and "bigotted". No one has ever called me those words before. (The last one isn't even a word, but I guess if daddy the accountant had sat down with you then he would have taught you how to spell. So it is the fault of some accountant somewhere who teaches their kids properly, not your parents).
Original post by pizzad0gs
I actually learned about this in sociology, there have been loads of studies done into this and they come up with plenty of explanations. Also if it was the idea that white males have privilege that is influencing how well they do in school, it shouldn't hinder them but help them - i.e. cause self fulfilling prophecies.

A big reason is laddism, so basically white males and their friends valuing "being a lad" over education, as that's not seen as something that's cool to them, unlike, say, chasing girls. ALSO, a massive reason for poor white boys specifically is that they don't see education as being something that's beneficial to them - teaching them things like maths and english literature instead of valuable life skills, like manual labour related things. I'd recommend reading up on Paul Willis' "learning to labour" study.

Spoiler

This. The lad culture is prevalent in some communities. Just as some communities isolate themselves and don't integrate, others have a view that non-believers are inferior as are women, white working class people do have an admiration for lad culture.
And as for your study-again that is generally well accepted.

But don't let facts and academic work get in the way of racist hysterical ranting.
Original post by AlexS101
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/34667100/poor-white-boys-get-a-worse-start-in-life-says-equality-report

In the current situation of making sure that Girls and Ethnic minorities have every avenue open to them, it seems that one group have been completely left behind by the education system.
Couldn't possibly be even partially due to all of these schemes that are only open to girls or other minority groups could it? (Or at least that doesn't suit the BBC agenda).

Your statement is so objective, it is based on the education system alone failing poor boys. Looking at this from a sociological point alone, it may be the parents which fail the boys alone. I mean a study suggests that the parents are less likely to attend parents evening and take an interest in their child education therefore their underachievement may be due to, simply a lack of motivation. This is just one reason I have chosen but their is MANY MANY MANY more. Overall, I actually do not think they are being "left behind" as specifically black students are far more likely to underachieve and face racism within the education system.

I'm utterly shocked - first things first I am not racist nor do I discriminate people since I have been through that and it's an awful experience. Maybe it's because Asian or black people are willing to learn because of the appreciation of education they have I don't know but one thing that is clear to me is that the majority of white males don't seem to understand how important education is and therefore not only are they easily mislead by peers but they also have no respect to teaches who are only there to help them - this really angers me as I've always been taught from home that teachers deserve the upmost respect so when I see white males disrespecting them and not taking life seriously I'm truly not surprised they are under performing.
And if they are discriminated against as you say why don't they do something about it? Just because people discriminate against the for underperformance it doesn't mean they don't have the right to prove them wrong - being laid back and saying discrimination is the problem is just an easy option out
Original post by Longshot700
F*cking foreigners taking our grades. *downs more booze*

You legend 😂😂
I'm utterly shocked - first things first I am not racist nor do I discriminate people since I have been through that and it's an awful experience. Maybe it's because Asian or black people are willing to learn because of the appreciation of education they have I don't know but one thing that is clear to me is that the majority of white males don't seem to understand how important education is and therefore not only are they easily mislead by peers but they also have no respect to teaches who are only there to help them - this really angers me as I've always been taught from home that teachers deserve the upmost respect so when I see white males disrespecting them and not taking life seriously I'm truly not surprised they are under performing.
And if they are discriminated against as you say why don't they do something about it? Just because people discriminate against the for underperformance it doesn't mean they don't have the right to prove them wrong - being laid back and saying discrimination is the problem is just an easy option out

Good! You should be shocked. I'm honestly tired of being English in my own country. First things first - I am a working class white male and I study at LSE - so no jibes from you either as a weak way to argue your point like the other chap.

I'm sick to death of being told that we are racist, narrow minded, this and that this and that and then I see posts like the one you made, getting away with murder. It's just not fair (whether it's right or wrong). It's like me calling out blacks as criminals and loads of people supporting me and nobody arguing against it. It's just not on.

It's like me hailing every individual Muslim as a terrorist, essentially. And yet you probably consider yourself left-wing!

The right/wrong part - I don't think you are wrong. I think you are closer to being right than wrong. But then if you are allowed to say that I am also allowed to publically declare without any criticism that blacks are violent, that Muslims are terrorists etc. What I'm saying is this - you might have your own perceived ideas or perceptions about racial discrimination which may be right or wrong - but I'm sick of white people having to always hear it and when we give it back we are racist.

So by society's terms, you are racist. I'm calling you out because I'm not happy that people not of white skin can call white people out as a whole and not be able to take it when they get it back. It's not acceptable. Your truth is no more true than Muslims being terrorists, by your definition. No wonder there is such contempt to Muslims and European immigrants when they clearly discriminate against white English people.

Let me ask you this - what is your skin colour? What is your faith? Let me generalise your people or culture and see what you think.
(edited 8 years ago)
Good! You should be shocked. I'm honestly tired of being English in my own country. First things first - I am a working class white male and I study at LSE - so no jibes from you either as a weak way to argue your point like the other chap.

I'm sick to death of being told that we are racist, narrow minded, this and that this and that and then I see posts like the one you made, getting away with murder. It's just not fair (whether it's right or wrong). It's like me calling out blacks as criminals and loads of people supporting me and nobody arguing against it. It's just not on.

It's like me hailing every individual Muslim as a terrorist, essentially. And yet you probably consider yourself left-wing!

The right/wrong part - I don't think you are wrong. I think you are closer to being right than wrong. But then if you are allowed to say that I am also allowed to publically declare without any criticism that blacks are violent, that Muslims are terrorists etc. What I'm saying is this - you might have your own perceived ideas or perceptions about racial discrimination which may be right or wrong - but I'm sick of white people having to always hear it and when we give it back we are racist.

So by society's terms, you are racist. I'm calling you out because I'm not happy that people not of white skin can call white people out as a whole and not be able to take it when they get it back. It's not acceptable. Your truth is no more true than Muslims being terrorists, by your definition. No wonder there is such contempt to Muslims and European immigrants when they clearly discriminate against white English people.

I understand your opinion and views but what I made clear in my previous post was that if the government are aware white males are under performing why don't they support them because clearly they aren't getting the support from home. I have pointed my view and so many people have agreed of which I think is because white males don't actually care about education anymore which kind upsetting seen as though they are going to be the next generation. I am not generalising the whole white males as you would with Muslims and terrorists which is utterly bizarre, I am merely saying it is extremely common for white males to get the support from schools, which may i point out is horrifying seen as though they receive all the attention but don't appreciate it.

Read the posts from these guys. They all are just complete chavs. Look at how they talk, swearing and generally being obscene.

Ironically they are excellent examples of why some white working class people struggle in life and education. I mean would you employ this lot? They can barely put a sentence together without saying swearing or saying something vulgar, they have tin foil hat time conspiracy theories and they obviously are not the most intelligent considering the best they can come up with are playground insults. They are so bitter and jealous of those who actually do well they racially abuse them and cannot contain their jealousy.

If you ever needed evidence that these people are their own worst enemies here it is.
1) They are incredibly bitter and jealous and mock those who actually have good habits (see the mocking of the accountant or those that help their children). They actually mock those who care about education for their kids as well as those who have a good career.

2) They cannot express themselves without vulgar and obscene language. They cannot go a sentence without swearing, saying something racist, or generally throwing pathetic insults around. Like I said, this attitude problem means they can never be employed.
What are they going to do when they are in work and their boss, who is an accountant, tells them do do something? Mock them?
If their boss is black are they just going to do-racially abuse them?
If someone disagrees with them pointing to academic studies that disprove their views will they learn from it or just start frothing at the mouth and screaming obscenities? They don't seem compatible with any workplace, let alone one with educated white collar professionals.

3) I could go on. So I will. They are happy to blame everyone under the sun for their failings. When it is suggested that it is their attitude that is the problem they simply cannot take it and proceed to have a full blown meltdown. Again, civilised people in a workplace would not tolerate this behaviour and it would result in an instant sacking.

Look at the language of all these guys; they would not last one day in a workplace. And that is their own doing. Look at the behaviour which they mock; they can't be successful if they are going to mock the ways in which people become successful. Ironically they are providing the best evidence for why those they are arguing with are right they could ever want.
(edited 8 years ago)
I understand your opinion and views but what I made clear in my previous post was that if the government are aware white males are under performing why don't they support them because clearly they aren't getting the support from home. I have pointed my view and so many people have agreed of which I think is because white males don't actually care about education anymore which kind upsetting seen as though they are going to be the next generation. I am not generalising the whole white males as you would with Muslims and terrorists which is utterly bizarre, I am merely saying it is extremely common for white males to get the support from schools, which may i point out is horrifying seen as though they receive all the attention but don't appreciate it.

I asked you something in my quote as an edit- where are you from? Skin colour? Culture?

If you are not white you shouldn't be saying your broad opinion because the truth is that if I were to give you an equal truth about Islam or black people or likewise - you would deem me racist. And that's what I won't tolerate... being trash talked because of my skin colour and thinking it's ok but not being able to handle that your people/faith etc have their own internal problems and instead resorting to calling people racist.
Before you guys lash out at me. Do you think that being born in this country makes it easier to lay back and not work as hard enough, as say people of immigrant backgrounds? You've got nothing to prove to society, no-one will generalise you for your ethnic profile for not working as hard enough.

Latest

Trending

Trending