The Student Room Group

Do you agree with the death penalty?

Scroll to see replies

That's a yes then is it? How very inconsistent of you, a vegetarian that supports the murder of unborn humans for reasons other than life threatening complications. Really no different than supporting the death penalty.
Do you have any evidence that all vegans are 100% against the death penalty? If not your claim is pointless.
It's interesting to note that Hitler was a vegetarian and look at the atrocities he committed. Clearly your diet is not a good indicator of how violent you are or your moral tendencies.
Even herbivores in the animal kingdom can be just as violent and aggressive as carnivores.
Original post by ZZTop1
Assault is not a severe crime the majority of people are guilth of it and it will even out over a life time. There are cheap ways to do death penalty auch intoxicating food in jail and putting domestors or anti freeze in the water and mixing it

I'm not saying it is severe but if you want to do 'murder for murder' why not make the sentence for assault being assaulted? Intoxicating just means it gets you drunk so that's not really going to kill anyone. What are domestors? You clearly have no understanding of criminal justice whatsoever, the more and more you say the more you sound like a 14 year old who'll hopefully grow out of these stupid opinions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 123
Original post by Underscore__
I'm not saying it is severe but if you want to do 'murder for murder' why not make the sentence for assault being assaulted? Intoxicating just means it gets you drunk so that's not really going to kill anyone. What are domestors? You clearly have no understanding of criminal justice whatsoever, the more and more you say the more you sound like a 14 year old who'll hopefully grow out of these stupid opinions

Posted from TSR Mobile

Death penalty should be brought back it will stop reoffenders i would also include immigrants who bring mass drugs in.nobody would ever know just put anti freeze in tere water in jail it will kill them getting rid of scum is the best ting to do our justice system is a joke and it is too liberal
Nope. Our justice system is far from perfect. People are falsely accused and prosecuted somewhat frequently. Even with a death row style system like they have in the US new evidence can always come up. Setencing someone to life for a crime they didnt commit is deplorable but sentencing them to death is unforgivable.
Reply 125
NO.

There are too many miscarriages of justice
It is NOT cost effective, contrary to what many people think
Revenge does not bring victims back from the dead
It is not an effective deterrent
Killing someone cannot be justified just because they are an evil person
(I know you are trolling me but I'm playing along regardless)

Right then, no evidence?

There are no psychopathic vegans probably because they all are either dead or turned back to omnivores due to a lack of essential amino acids, trace minerals and vitamins. The vegan lifestyle is not sustainable for humans over long periods of time nor is our body designed for it. It's unnatural.
Original post by ZZTop1
Death penalty should be brought back it will stop reoffenders i would also include immigrants who bring mass drugs in.nobody would ever know just put anti freeze in tere water in jail it will kill them getting rid of scum is the best ting to do our justice system is a joke and it is too liberal

Well if you keep murders or the most serious rapists in jail for life that also prevents reoffending.

Haha yeah no one can tell if someone drinks anti-freeze. Your plan is so ridiculous and further evidence of your immaturity

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 128
Original post by Farm_Ecology
I would hardly call that justice. It's still just petty revenge.

It's more justified than than providing a murderer with shelter, three hot meals a day and video games

Original post by Farm_Ecology
Also, I'm sure that the murderer would explain that their murder was just as justified as yours.

Well clearly it wouldn't be as the murderer would have killed an innocent person whereas the death penalty gets rid of guilty people so clearly they are not equally justified.
Original post by tebr

Well clearly it wouldn't be as the murderer would have killed an innocent person whereas the death penalty gets rid of guilty people so clearly they are not equally justified.

What if the murderer killed a murderer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 130
What if the murderer killed a murderer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That would be perfectly fine. It's not a crime to kill a guilty person. That would totally defeat the purpose of capital punishment

Posted from TSR Mobile
Whenever there is a major terroism case I think that the people deserve death the second it is on the news. But then after a few minutes I calm down and realise a much better punishment would be life imprisonment, with hard labour of clearing out pigstys, and preparing pork products for human consumption.
Oh you're one of the anti-abortion nut-jobs?

Comparing having a trial to decide whether a person should be killed with a mother deciding to abort something which hasn't even breather air.

Smart :wink:
Well you yourself threatened to have someone's head kicked in on this very forum. That's on top of having a history in numerous other threads of showing tendencies of having psychological issues to say the least.
Original post by tebr
That would be perfectly fine. It's not a crime to kill a guilty person. That would totally defeat the purpose of capital punishment

Posted from TSR Mobile

No it wouldn't because even if you have capital punishment you still give people a fair trial. I doubt there's any legal system in the world where if you kill someone who the state would have executed you get away with it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes. Especially for repeat offenders.
No,

No human should take another humans life
Reply 137
No it wouldn't because even if you have capital punishment you still give people a fair trial. I doubt there's any legal system in the world where if you kill someone who the state would have executed you get away with it

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not disagreeing with you. My previous statement was on my opinion on what the law should be, I didn't mean to state it as a fact that that's what some countries actually do.
Of course everyone should have a fair trial whether there's capital punishment or not. Personally I just think that it shouldn't class as a crime to kill a guilty person.
Original post by billydisco
Oh you're one of the anti-abortion nut-jobs?

Comparing having a trial to decide whether a person should be killed with a mother deciding to abort something which hasn't even breather air.

Smart :wink:

*Breathes

Regardless of the substance you breathe, a fetus is still fully human past a certain length of time. I fail to see the disparity between killing a fetus whose heart beats, visibly responds to stimuli in the womb, has dreams and has more capacity to feel pain than any adult due to not-yet-fully developed pain mechanisms and killing an adult person. This is a fact fully acknowledged by the medical profession worldwide

You are wrong in any case, the fetus in the womb still consumes oxygen like an adult would. It's not like the fetus is an alien or anything.

At least be consistent with your murdering. Either we kill people or we don't. There is no inbetween. You live in a state that legally endorses murder, whether you want to admit it or not.

Before you come back at me with some pro-choice nonsense about 'a womans own body' then consider this: How is the fetus a womans own body when the genetic materials making up the baby is distinct genetic material from the females own body cells?
(edited 8 years ago)
No because, you're giving them the easy way out in a way and they should serve long and lenghtly sentences instead. No human should ever have the right to kill someone and if you're part if those people who agree for the executions to happen or you carry it out, then you're just as bad as the murderers etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending