The Student Room Group

vegan, vegetarian, omnivore?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bloodaxe
Omnivore. I wouldn't be able to cope without meat products as I love cooking, and turning vegetarian would drastically cut down what I can make. Veganism would be even worse; I love cheese!

I have a similar (sort of) problem. I'm too picky with food to even think about going vegetarian, because I'd be cutting too much out of my diet that I'd struggle to replace.

And even if vegetarianism could be achievable, going vegan and cutting out chocolate, eggs (for baking) and decent milk in my tea certainly wouldn't.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mr...
At least you lasted for more than a week :colonhash:

:rofl::rofl:
I would love to go vegetarian and did try for a week, but with my family's food being centred around meat and fish it's really difficult. A vegetarian dish is only made like once a fortnight. Maybe when I live alone I can have a better try.

I could never become vegan though. I already eat little and restricting my diet so severely would probably be harmful.
(edited 8 years ago)
Big meat eating, chicken destroying and curry goat devouring curry mutton, munching monster!
with black pudding on the side - **** it I even eat the bone because the marrow tastes so good.

death to veggies; veggies are gay.
Reply 24
Veggie going vegan-ish

Original post by Skeptique
Big meat eating, chicken destroying and curry goat devouring curry mutton, munching monster!
with black pudding on the side - **** it I even eat the bone because the marrow tastes so good.

death to veggies; veggies are gay.

Classy WUM
From an environmental standpoint it would be really good if everyone became a vegitarian.

Omnivore here but i've thought a few times about going part vegitarian, i'd still probably eat fish and eggs.
Reply 26
vegan all the way :tongue:
Pescatarian for 2 and a half years, vegeterian for 3 months now and going strong!! ^~^

Original post by enaayrah
I would love to go vegetarian and did try for a week, but with my family's food being centred around meat and fish it's really difficult. A vegetarian dish is only made like once a fortnight. Maybe when I live alone I can have a better try.

I could never become vegan though. I already eat little and restricting my diet so severely would probably be harmful.

If it's centered around fish a lot, you could try pescatarianism and go from there c: That's what I did, and it does ease you into it more.
Vegetarian
Reply 29
Vegetarian, I know quite a few other vegetarians and one vegan.
Original post by pizzad0gs

If it's centered around fish a lot, you could try pescatarianism and go from there c: That's what I did, and it does ease you into it more.

I might try that actually. Thanks for the tip!
I'm an omnivore
Omnivore here.
Vegetarian for 20 years, was a vegan for 4 of those. Veganism was too much of an effort so gave it up, I'm pretty much a "natural" vegetarian in that I stopped eating meat because i hated it. I can't even eat the meat substitutes I find them disgusting, whereas I actually like cheese and had to put effort into being a vegan... that was pretty painful. Know too many vegetarians and quite a few vegans. Pretty much ever vegan I know is bonkers so that is another thing that put me off staying one.
Omnivore and proud. There is nothing more satisfying than catching your own dinner.
Omnivore. I can't function without my mid-morning bacon.
Reply 36
Vegan for a while now, and November is world vegan month, so it's a good time to start making changes!
Vegan for two years in December. Never felt better and all of my blood tests show me in the perfect range for iron and B12 without supplements. I was anemic as an omnivore over 10 years ago and then this passed when I went Vegetarian five years ago. :yay:
Vegetarian. Aiming to be vegan eventually- I've cut down on dairy products & am trying more substitutes. I know quite a lot of people who are vegetarian or pescetarian, more so within the last few years. I first went veggie when I was about 12 & hardly anyone I knew at the time was vegetarian. I actually got bullied for it at one point. When I was a bit older, about 14/ 15/16 I was still in a small minority but people were more curious about why I was vegetarian although often it was like they thought I must be missing out on something by not eating meat.
VEGAN all the way.. I think that it is the best decision I've made

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending