The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Wavefunction
Being 19, failure is the only thing I really know with Leeds. The moment I started realising what Leeds was and meant to me we went into serious decline. It's f***ing horrible.

Fortunately although I was young I went to the playoff final when we went up in 2000. Enjoyed the Europe years and have now been destroyed by our decline.
Original post by ..DT..
Fortunately although I was young I went to the playoff final when we went up in 2000. Enjoyed the Europe years and have now been destroyed by our decline.

Are you an Ipswich fan then?
Original post by The Wavefunction
Are you an Ipswich fan then?

Bolton

Got my years wrong I realised. Ipswich brutally dumped us out the playoffs in 2000
(edited 8 years ago)
For the 2nd year running we overturn a 2-0 deficit at home to Peterborough.
Good win for Wednesday today although Nottingham Forest looked really poor.
Original post by Midlander
For the 2nd year running we overturn a 2-0 deficit at home to Peterborough.

Good to see Adam Armstrong grabbing two goals to pull it back for you.
Original post by barnetlad
FC United of Manchester being forced by the FA to charge a minimum price for their FA Cup tie and have it on tv is wrong in my opinion. Not sure if minimum pricing is within UK law.

Tickets will be £9 due to agreement with Chesterfield and the FA. That price is there to stop big clubs charging nowt for cup games and stopping the small clubs getting a decent pay day as well.
Original post by United1892
Good to see Adam Armstrong grabbing two goals to pull it back for you.

Long may it continue!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Long may it continue!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully we let you extend the loan because he's better off helping you lot to chase promotion than he is stuck in the reserves/bench here.
Tickets will be £9 due to agreement with Chesterfield and the FA. That price is there to stop big clubs charging nowt for cup games and stopping the small clubs getting a decent pay day as well.

A minimum amount per spectator to the visiting team would be a better way of doing that. If there was a way of lower cup prices to loyal local supporters I would support it, not that I can think of an easy way of doing that.
Original post by barnetlad
A minimum amount per spectator to the visiting team would be a better way of doing that. If there was a way of lower cup prices to loyal local supporters I would support it, not that I can think of an easy way of doing that.

True although the home club would likely charge that amount for ticket to cover it.
Hopefully we let you extend the loan because he's better off helping you lot to chase promotion than he is stuck in the reserves/bench here.

That and PL is not comparable to L1 in the slightest but my feeling is that a Championship club will go for him in January.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That and PL is not comparable to L1 in the slightest but my feeling is that a Championship club will go for him in January.

Posted from TSR Mobile

True, that's possible, he looks promising so far. It'd be a shame for you if we send him to the Championship.
True, that's possible, he looks promising so far. It'd be a shame for you if we send him to the Championship.

All the more reason why we need to get out of L1 and attract and retain better players.

Posted from TSR Mobile
All the more reason why we need to get out of L1 and attract and retain better players.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Trye but you also need to get rid of SISU as well
Trye but you also need to get rid of SISU as well

For that to happen there needs to be a bidder and with no hope of owning our own ground there is little chance of that.
For that to happen there needs to be a bidder and with no hope of owning our own ground there is little chance of that.

True, at least you're not stuck out at Northampton anymore.
Barnsley no win in seven now. Christ. Lee Johnson can't last much longer, surely?

Big win for Crewe this weekend as they upset Sheffield United.
Original post by Mackay
Barnsley no win in seven now. Christ. Lee Johnson can't last much longer, surely?

Big win for Crewe this weekend as they upset Sheffield United.

My Grandad is getting really frustrated about it because he watches every game and he comes from Barnsley.
They're a much better side than their results show which is frustrating.
Original post by Lúcio
My Grandad is getting really frustrated about it because he watches every game and he comes from Barnsley.
They're a much better side than their results show which is frustrating.

Problem is they face Coventry tomorrow night, who are hot off the back of a remarkable comeback against Peterborough and Adam Armstrong is in the form of his life.

Quick Reply

Latest