The Student Room Group

who does a level psychology

how do i pass without working?????jk
also are your psych teachers crazy too
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
There is no A-Level you can pass without working, at all. Perhaps at GCSE, but not at A-Level. I did AS Psychology last year, and yes, both of my teachers were mad, they were part of the reason why I dropped it.
Original post by oswalds
There is no A-Level you can pass without working, at all. Perhaps at GCSE, but not at A-Level. I did AS Psychology last year, and yes, both of my teachers were mad, they were part of the reason why I dropped it.

URGH its so boring
Reply 3
Original post by 1999_student
URGH its so boring

How boring it is is the other reason why I dropped it :s-smilie: I don't know how the syllabus has changed this year, but the beginning of the course was the worst part for me because that was when we did all of the research methods. It can get better towards the end!
URGH its so boring

omg i hate it. :frown: regret picking it so much
how do i pass without working????? also are your psych teachers crazy too

If you thinking of passing A level Psychology without putting any effort in, then its not going to happen mate. I do A level Psychology and there is a lot essay writing.
Original post by oswalds
How boring it is is the other reason why I dropped it :s-smilie: I don't know how the syllabus has changed this year, but the beginning of the course was the worst part for me because that was when we did all of the research methods. It can get better towards the end!

yeah the beginning is so bad we're still doing just research methods and like sampling techniques... hoping it will get better but it hasn't so far. Did you get a lot of case studies over the AS year?
how do i pass without working????? also are your psych teachers crazy too

tbh, i hate psychology. I find it super stressful and boring. However you might feel differently about it. It's almost impossible to pass without doing some kind of revision.
Original post by loveleest
omg i hate it. :frown: regret picking it so much

SAME!!! worst! but i have to take it to A2 cause i cant do spanish lol
Original post by DeadEnd_96
If you thinking of passing A level Psychology without putting any effort in, then its not going to happen mate. I do A level Psychology and there is a lot essay writing.

m9 im jk i just hate it
yeah the beginning is so bad we're still doing just research methods and like sampling techniques... hoping it will get better but it hasn't so far. Did you get a lot of case studies over the AS year?

The research methods are by far the worst part of the course, they really seem to drag on. Some bits after that are really good though, I quite liked Memory and Social Influence. Stress was a bit of a killer. There were so many case studies, but then they aren't too bad to remember because sometimes they are really simple, or you can use techniques to remember them, like linking the name of the researcher to what they did, or making up a story. Or we would act them out in class to remember them.
m9 im jk i just hate it

Are you in AS or A2? Do you hate the actual subject, the teacher or both?
There is literally no way you can pass without working. Out of all the subjects I do psychology takes the longest to revise for
but if you like science and studying people then you'll be fine, if your really interested you'll do well but I know a lot of people who quit because they couldn't take the workload and it does get a lot harder at A2.
My teacher was pretty nice but for As I had another teacher that taught us the second paper and he wasn't very good and we wasted most lessons just talking and i didn't end up with the grade that i wanted. if that happens to you and you still want to do the subject make sure you really revise and teach yourself at home.
Are you in AS or A2? Do you hate the actual subject, the teacher or both?

AS and its just like boring! does it get more interesting?
Original post by raven48
There is literally no way you can pass without working. Out of all the subjects I do psychology takes the longest to revise for
but if you like science and studying people then you'll be fine, if your really interested you'll do well but I know a lot of people who quit because they couldn't take the workload and it does get a lot harder at A2.
My teacher was pretty nice but for As I had another teacher that taught us the second paper and he wasn't very good and we wasted most lessons just talking and i didn't end up with the grade that i wanted. if that happens to you and you still want to do the subject make sure you really revise and teach yourself at home.

at the start did you find it was boring?
Original post by oswalds
The research methods are by far the worst part of the course, they really seem to drag on. Some bits after that are really good though, I quite liked Memory and Social Influence. Stress was a bit of a killer. There were so many case studies, but then they aren't too bad to remember because sometimes they are really simple, or you can use techniques to remember them, like linking the name of the researcher to what they did, or making up a story. Or we would act them out in class to remember them.

So it gets a little better then over the year, did you drop it because you preferred your other subjects
AS and its just like boring! does it get more interesting?

Personally, I find it very interesting at A2. I am not going to lie I did find it slightly tedious at AS, but at A2 I like it very much. However, I did study the old syllabus so I have no knowledge of what the new syllabus is like.
Personally, I find it very interesting at A2. I am not going to lie I did find it slightly tedious at AS, but at A2 I like it very much. However, I did study the old syllabus so I have no knowledge of what the new syllabus is like.

think its quite similar but slightly more maths and probably a few different topics or case studies not really sure, good news if it gets better though
at the start did you find it was boring?

Yeah some parts of it were boring, I remember conformity and obedience and also theories of abnormality, but it did get better as the year went on, so if you want to quit give it at least a month or two. I particularly enjoyed forensics and attachment in children and for A2 there is nothing that I hate so far and it is so much more interesting, right now we are studying sleep.
Original post by raven48
Yeah some parts of it were boring, I remember conformity and obedience and also theories of abnormality, but it did get better as the year went on, so if you want to quit give it at least a month or two. I particularly enjoyed forensics and attachment in children and for A2 there is nothing that I hate so far and it is so much more interesting, right now we are studying sleep.

thank you! so hopefully next year it will be better

Quick Reply

Latest