The Student Room Group

Would you rather be born rich or smart?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Smart if in a developed country.
Rich if in a developing country.
Original post by Hippysnake
Rich and stupid. Unfortunately I was born poor and relatively smart and it hasn't really done me many favours.

*Snap!*
Original post by K.C
interesting

I know
Original post by Bill_Gates
Would you rather be born rich or super smart?

rich couple of million
super smart but poor based in the UK

Bill

super smart but poor based, you'd be smart enough to avoid bad things and probably start your own business.
Original post by Hippysnake
Rich and stupid. Unfortunately I was born poor and relatively smart and it hasn't really done me many favours.

This - you'll find social mobility in the UK is a joke. More likely to end up working at starbucks than hit it big with your own intelligence!
Original post by balanced
super smart but poor based, you'd be smart enough to avoid bad things and probably start your own business.

Hmm i know many people who are smart who don't start businesses. They usually lack the mentality, drive. But you're right.
My intellect scares ppl sometimes. I've outgrown all my childhood friends.
I dont like drugs, I love sex but women find my intellect challenging and I dont want to make babies often the women I meet do.
I take on too many challenges at once and then get bored of them quickly. I wish I was just born loaded.
it's 2.5m :tongue:

That is a decent amount, as long as I'm not dumb as a bunch of rocks and invest it with a 3% return it should be enough to not have to work for someone else!

rich couple of million

Bill

born super rich
Original post by hihihihihi
That is a decent amount, as long as I'm not dumb as a bunch of rocks and invest it with a 3% return it should be enough to not have to work for someone else!

10k or better 100k is enough for some not to work for someone else :tongue:

rich couple of million

Bill

RICH because i think you could pay to educate yourself
Reply 31
I'd rather be smart, what would be the point in just being some stupid person with loads of money, wasting it on luxuries like sport's cars, hot tubs and prostitutes and doing absolutely nothing for the world, I'd end up being some soulless zombie, completely unsatisfied and bored of everything.
Being smart and from a poor background, you could use your intellect to get into a good university, help people and actually do something meaningful in the world, rather than wasting your life on materialistic and ultimately hollow desires.
Reply 32
Smart 100%

Rich people who are stupid really get on my nerves.

Like, you are dumb, you don't work and you still look down on people just because your family has money - I'd hate to be that person so much.

I'd rather just get my degree and hopefully go into a decent enough job where I can work hard to earn my own money and be comfortable, a much more rewarding option in my opinion.
Original post by John55
I'd rather be smart, what would be the point in just being some stupid person with loads of money, wasting it on luxuries like sport's cars, hot tubs and prostitutes and doing absolutely nothing for the world, I'd end up being some soulless zombie, completely unsatisfied and bored of everything.
Being smart and from a poor background, you could use your intellect to get into a good university, help people and actually do something meaningful in the world, rather than wasting your life on materialistic and ultimately hollow desires.

person with loads of money, wasting it on luxuries like sport's cars, hot tubs and prostitutes

i wouldn't want to be that guy LOL TSR brah
Rich because then I could get the finest education.
Reply 35
Just read my post through and realised I sound like a right c$nt
10k or better 100k is enough for some not to work for someone else :tongue:

Yeah man, top 2% income with plenty of free time which I can use to learn things that actually interest me.
Original post by John55
Just read my post through and realised I sound like a right c$nt

Thanks for admitting it. That would be the dream for most guys lol.
Rich bc no matter what grades you get, you'll always be financially secure in life :frown:
Smart but born to a poor family.

In the UK, even if you are quite poor, you'd still be better off than most middle class families in developing countries. You'd still get at least some basic food and receive a free education, allowing you to become who want to be in the future.

Personally, I am definitely not from a rich family but, luckily I am quite smart so, thanks to Britain, I can achieve my dreams if I work hard enough!

Quick Reply

Latest