The Student Room Group

Edexcel English Literature help

Im taking the English Edexcel Literature paper in January 2016. I don't know much about this paper any help or advice would be appreciated thank you.
You can have a look at the specification and it will tell u everything . Have a read thru it and if u dont understand anything ask your teacher or me

http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/GCSE/English%20Literature/2010/Specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/UG033462_GCSE_Lin_English_Literature_spec_Issue_3_for_Web.pdf
0p[p[
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by asha.07
Im taking the English Edexcel Literature paper in January 2016. I don't know much about this paper any help or advice would be appreciated thank you.

Hi Asha,

Please feel free to dm me about any specific issue you're having or if you need any work checked. I'd be more than happy to help out.

Experience: A* in English Literature with full UMS in all written papers.
Reply 4
Original post by homairapatel
You can have a look at the specification and it will tell u everything . Have a read thru it and if u dont understand anything ask your teacher or me

http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/GCSE/English%20Literature/2010/Specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/UG033462_GCSE_Lin_English_Literature_spec_Issue_3_for_Web.pdf

Thank you😊
Reply 5
Original post by HepaxLegomenon
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but here are some notes I took for my iGCSE English:

Two papers - no coursework.

Paper 1 is 2 h and 15 mins - consists of three sections: Section A, B and C.
Section A is comprehension, section B will be something from anthology A, and for section C you will need to write with the goal of informing, explaining or describing.

Paper 2 is 1 h and 30 mins - consists of two questions.
Question 1 is something from anthology B and for question 2 you will have to write with the goal of exploring, imagining or entertaining. OR you will need to argue, persuade or advise.

Basically just revise anthology A and B and you ought to be fine.

No this actually helped me thank you😊
Reply 6
Original post by TheBlackHookage
Hi Asha,

Please feel free to dm me about any specific issue you're having or if you need any work checked. I'd be more than happy to help out.

Experience: A* in English Literature with full UMS in all written papers.

wow that's seriously nice of you and i will do thank you😊
Reply 7
Original post by asha.07

You have 2 sections. 1 section on an extract from a book u have read (e.g. jekyll and hyde or animal farm) and you are asked questions in a limited time and you must give a structured answer. For the second section you write about a character from a differrent book(e.g. of mice and men) and this answer is slightly longer. You should ask the teacher about the different questions
Also there is a poetry paper with an unseen poetry section where u answer a question about a poem you havent seen till the exam and also a question about a poem from the anthology which your teacher will give you.
Reply 8
Dont worry about it you should be fine :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest