The Student Room Group

Do I have to declare my U for UCAS?

I just received my certificate for my AS Levels. I took all my 4 AS levels from AQA and there were only 3 grades on the paper from 3/4 subjects I studied.

The grade missing was the subject I got a U on in RS. I don't know if it was a mistake or if it was because it was 'ungraded', so wasn't put down.

FullSizeRender2.jpg
Its like I never even took the RS exam. Its like it never existed in the first place.

What should I do? Do I still have to declare the U for the uni application if it wasn't on my certificate?

Its like I never even took the RS exam. Its like it never existed in the first place
Original post by undine_monty
I just received my certificate for my AS Levels. I took all my 4 AS levels from AQA and there were only 3 grades on the paper from 3/4 subjects I studied.

The grade missing was the subject I got a U on in RS. I don't know if it was a mistake or if it was because it was 'ungraded', so wasn't put down.

FullSizeRender2.jpg
Its like I never even took the RS exam. Its like it never existed in the first place.

What should I do? Do I still have to declare the U for the uni application if it wasn't on my certificate?

Its like I never even took the RS exam. Its like it never existed in the first place

But you did, it did and you do:
http://help.ucas.com/contract12/index.html
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3538633
Reply 2
I didn't declare mine and I was good. You probably should though, not worth the risk
Reply 3
Yeah you should declare that, it's very clearly stated by ucas that all grades should be declared, no matter how bad/irrelevant/old
Original post by Zuki
I didn't declare mine and I was good. You probably should though, not worth the risk

Regulations have been tightened up in the last 2 years.
Reply 5
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Regulations have been tightened up in the last 2 years.

Fair enough :smile:
Reply 6

FullSizeRender2.jpg

That's because it's a certificate. Like anything else, you only get a certificate for passing the subject - hence why your RS isn't on it. You wouldn't get a certificate for failing your driving test.

It doesn't change the fact that you did the subject and achieved a U. And big trouble can arise if you fail to declare all your results to UCAS.
Original post by Zuki
Fair enough :smile:

For the benefit of other readers of this thread here is the situation:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3678447&p=60165687#post60165687

(PQ works in university admissions.)
Thanks for the responses. I feel bad for asking a dumb question. I'll declare it :smile:
Reply 9
Thanks for the responses. I feel bad for asking a dumb question. I'll declare it :smile:

It's fine, glad we helped :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending