The Student Room Group

Updating Pending SAT Scores on UCAS Application after submission

Hello,
I am an applicant from the US and I have already submitted my application to UCAS. I will be taking a few more SAT exams as well as SAT subject tests throughout the rest of this year, so I put pending tests on my application. My counsellor at school told me I would be able to update the status of my scores throughout the year even after sending out my application, however yesterday when I tried to login to UCAS, it did not have an option to update anything... Should I be emailing each school to notify them each time I receive scores for the SAT and SAT subject tests or what? Not really sure what to do....
Reply 1
I am on the same boat so I did a quick search on the UCAS website:

You may have to send proof of your results in certificates or transcripts.

At UCAS, we’re able to send some of your results including the International Baccalaureate but for most international qualifications you’ll have to send them to the university or college yourself.

Different universities and colleges have different policies for how they want to receive results. Some might ask for them as soon as you apply others might do their initial assessment of your application before asking to see proof of your results.

If you'll get your results while they are still considering your application (like in my case, since I am sitting my SATs in November), you'll have to send them an email asap so they can put the scores into consideration.

If you are going to be taking your exams after they have made you an offer, then your results will simply be the offer's conditions. But in both case you'll have to send them an email.

Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by JayYY99
I am on the same boat so I did a quick search on the UCAS website:

If you'll get your results while they are still considering your application (like in my case, since I am sitting my SATs in November), you'll have to send them an email asap so they can put the scores into consideration.

If you are going to be taking your exams after they have made you an offer, then your results will simply be the offer's conditions. But in both case you'll have to send them an email.

Good luck!

Thank you so much! and just to clarify by them you mean each school correct?
Reply 3
Original post by Nicolette A
Thank you so much! and just to clarify by them you mean each school correct?

Yes. To the admission department of each of the universities you're applied to. Their email should be found in the welcome emails you receive.
Hey both :smile: Quick aside, are you guys applying to anywhere in the USA as well?
Reply 5
Depends on what scores I get on my SATs haha. If I don't get a crazy 2300+ and get a scholarship there, I think UK will be more realistic in terms of finance, especially for an international student like me.
Ahh okay! Well good luck with that :h: what's your dream college in the US?
Reply 7
Original post by Student403
Ahh okay! Well good luck with that :h: what's your dream college in the US?

probably UCLA. How about you? Apart from the US, are you applying through UCAS this year as well?
Original post by JayYY99
probably UCLA. How about you? Apart from the US, are you applying through UCAS this year as well?

Yeah applying through UCAS and various American systems :smile: The dream is MIT but I don't think my ECAs are good enough :frown: I'm applying to UCLA also though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending