The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by VergeofInsanity
Good! You should be shocked. I'm honestly tired of being English in my own country. First things first - I am a working class white male and I study at LSE - so no jibes from you either as a weak way to argue your point like the other chap.

I'm sick to death of being told that we are racist, narrow minded, this and that this and that and then I see posts like the one you made, getting away with murder. It's just not fair (whether it's right or wrong). It's like me calling out blacks as criminals and loads of people supporting me and nobody arguing against it. It's just not on.

It's like me hailing every individual Muslim as a terrorist, essentially. And yet you probably consider yourself left-wing!

The right/wrong part - I don't think you are wrong. I think you are closer to being right than wrong. But then if you are allowed to say that I am also allowed to publically declare without any criticism that blacks are violent, that Muslims are terrorists etc. What I'm saying is this - you might have your own perceived ideas or perceptions about racial discrimination which may be right or wrong - but I'm sick of white people having to always hear it and when we give it back we are racist.

So by society's terms, you are racist. I'm calling you out because I'm not happy that people not of white skin can call white people out as a whole and not be able to take it when they get it back. It's not acceptable. Your truth is no more true than Muslims being terrorists, by your definition. No wonder there is such contempt to Muslims and European immigrants when they clearly discriminate against white English people.

Let me ask you this - what is your skin colour? What is your faith? Let me generalise your people or culture and see what you think.

Oh yay another working class person from LSE! what did you get for your GCSEs? Mine were crap but I got in on the basis of my personal statement and AS levels.

I really never see working class white males at LSE.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
If they are really bothered they should either help the white males or encourage them to do better, in my experience some white males just don't give a **** about education so i'm not too surprised

That's the one. A few generations living off benefits and these white poor males are beyond gutter trash and don't want to work. When will the liberals and politicians accept that you can't help some people unless you want to brainwash them.
Original post by VergeofInsanity
I asked you something in my quote as an edit- where are you from? Skin colour? Culture?

If you are not white you shouldn't be saying your broad opinion because the truth is that if I were to give you an equal truth about Islam or black people or likewise - you would deem me racist. And that's what I won't tolerate... being trash talked because of my skin colour and thinking it's ok but not being able to handle that your people/faith etc have their own internal problems and instead resorting to calling people racist.

How did the topic of white males under performing divert to my race? It is irrelevant - my opinion comes from ME regardless of what religion and race I am. Please stop using my personal background as an excuse to say I'm racist when I'm really not.
Original post by i<3milkshake
You and the guy above;
Yep, you don't sound bitter and jealous at all with your racist, swearing ranting:smile:. The jealousy and contempt you hold for those that have done well in life is incredible.

I don't care about your achievements, I don't want your life story you "plum", I can tell enough about you by the absolute meltdown you are having on here.

"Plum" and "bigotted". No one has ever called me those words before. (The last one isn't even a word, but I guess if daddy the accountant had sat down with you then he would have taught you how to spell. So it is the fault of some accountant somewhere who teaches their kids properly, not your parents).

Care to actually respond to my previous post rather than botching about me without quoting me, or are you going to simply ignore it becayse you can't come up with a decent response?:smile:
Chav behaviour has taken over
and poor eastern europeans flooding in from third world countries
Read the posts from these guys. They all are just complete chavs. Look at how they talk, swearing and generally being obscene.

Ironically they are excellent examples of why some white working class people struggle in life and education. I mean would you employ this lot? They can barely put a sentence together without saying swearing or saying something vulgar, they have tin foil hat time conspiracy theories and they obviously are not the most intelligent considering the best they can come up with are playground insults. They are so bitter and jealous of those who actually do well they racially abuse them and cannot contain their jealousy.

If you ever needed evidence that these people are their own worst enemies here it is.
1) They are incredibly bitter and jealous and mock those who actually have good habits (see the mocking of the accountant or those that help their children). They actually mock those who care about education for their kids as well as those who have a good career.

2) They cannot express themselves without vulgar and obscene language. They cannot go a sentence without swearing, saying something racist, or generally throwing pathetic insults around. Like I said, this attitude problem means they can never be employed.
What are they going to do when they are in work and their boss, who is an accountant, tells them do do something? Mock them?
If their boss is black are they just going to do-racially abuse them?
If someone disagrees with them pointing to academic studies that disprove their views will they learn from it or just start frothing at the mouth and screaming obscenities? They don't seem compatible with any workplace, let alone one with educated white collar professionals.

3) I could go on. So I will. They are happy to blame everyone under the sun for their failings. When it is suggested that it is their attitude that is the problem they simply cannot take it and proceed to have a full blown meltdown. Again, civilised people in a workplace would not tolerate this behaviour and it would result in an instant sacking.

Look at the language of all these guys; they would not last one day in a workplace. And that is their own doing. Look at the behaviour which they mock; they can't be successful if they are going to mock the ways in which people become successful. Ironically they are providing the best evidence for why those they are arguing with are right they could ever want.

Please tell me you see the irony in bold, you're literally ONLY throwing out insults whilst I have actually made a constructive post to this forum. But I guess that's why we are seeing the problem with white working class that we are today, far too much screaming and insulting and demonising or the working class, and not enough action.
But I guess on forums like these it's he who shouts loudest who wins, so I guess you're the winner heh? :redface:

Real talk though, LOVE the passive aggressive, the "I'm a good person who doesn't swear, but I'm now going to throw out 10 articulately put insults. But don't worry, I said them without swearing, so I'm not a horrible person who generalises and categorises people based on their background and ethnicity". Charming one aren't you :smile:
Original post by Bill_Gates
Chav behaviour has taken over
and poor eastern europeans flooding in from third world countries

Tell me about it. The ignore feature is an under used and underrated feature on here. If only I could have an ignore feature for the loud, swearing, racist, thoroughly unpleasant nature of these people in the real world. I mean at work, any workplace, you will never see them (I have outlined why earlier-their behaviour is completely incompatible with any workplace) but outside of that you sometimes have to witness their uncouth nature.

Poor Eastern Europeans I am against being allowed into the country in huge numbers, particularly considering the current economic situation. I also agree that it can be damaging from a cultural perspective (and the value community cohesion cannot be emphasised enough).

However, people from these countries actually are more polite and hard working once in the country than some of those born in the UK. Given the choice of living near some chavs or third world Eastern Europeans I would happily take the latter. They may be poor but they are better behaved and more studious than the former. They are also much more likely to take advantage of the good things in this country (free education, plenty of work) and not the bad (high levels of welfare, a soft justice and prison system).
Original post by Longshot700
F*cking foreigners taking our grades. *downs more booze*

Indeed sir. I have repped this comment twice such is its pertinence to the attitude displayed by some on here.
Tell me about it. The ignore feature is an under used and underrated feature on here. If only I could have an ignore feature for the loud, swearing, racist, thoroughly unpleasant nature of these people in the real world. I mean at work, any workplace, you will never see them (I have outlined why earlier-their behaviour is completely incompatible with any workplace) but outside of that you sometimes have to witness their uncouth nature.

Poor Eastern Europeans I am against being allowed into the country in huge numbers, particularly considering the current economic situation. I also agree that it can be damaging from a cultural perspective (and the value community cohesion cannot be emphasised enough).

However, people from these countries actually are more polite and hard working once in the country than some of those born in the UK. Given the choice of living near some chavs or third world Eastern Europeans I would happily take the latter. They may be poor but they are better behaved and more studious than the former. They are also much more likely to take advantage of the good things in this country (free education, plenty of work) and not the bad (high levels of welfare, a soft justice and prison system).

Dont know if i agree with the eastern european bit but everything else was spot on. Poor eastern europeans are adopting the chav culture.
Dont know if i agree with the eastern european bit but everything else was spot on. Poor eastern europeans are adopting the chav culture.

They do have cultural problems as well, and don't get me wrong I am against mass immigration of the unskilled type especially. However, I still find them to be better than some of the native born Brits.

I would not want to live near either group, but if I had to choose it would be no contest.
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
How did the topic of white males under performing divert to my race? It is irrelevant - my opinion comes from ME regardless of what religion and race I am. Please stop using my personal background as an excuse to say I'm racist when I'm really not.

It has everything to do with it because if I was to suggest black people (as an example) rob people or like chicken more than white people do, based on my experience (the rational behind your opinion), I would be deemd a racist. So you have to expect that in this day and age where white people are branded racist at every opportunity possible, that you really shouldn't say those things even if you think them.
They do have cultural problems as well, and don't get me wrong I am against mass immigration of the unskilled type especially. However, I still find them to be better than some of the native born Brits.

I would not want to live near either group, but if I had to choose it would be no contest.

Agreed - chav culture is increasing though largely down to the flood of unskilled labour and lack of work ethic.
Agreed - chav culture is increasing though largely down to the flood of unskilled labour and lack of work ethic.

PRSOM.
Ahhh @i<3milkshake AGAIN failing to respond to my completely reasonable post, yet another person ignoring the problems and pretending they don't exist.

Guessing his daddy is an accountant :colone:
Education just isn't for everyone,I blame laziness and parents who aren't too bothered to do anything about it
Indeed sir. I have repped this comment twice such is its pertinence to the attitude displayed by some on here.

That's the attitude you literally just displayed when you said you're against poor eastern Europeans coming into the country
Original post by leinad2012
Please tell me you see the irony in bold, you're literally ONLY throwing out insults whilst I have actually made a constructive post to this forum. But I guess that's why we are seeing the problem with white working class that we are today, far too much screaming and insulting and demonising or the working class, and not enough action.
But I guess on forums like these it's he who shouts loudest who wins, so I guess you're the winner heh? :redface:

Real talk though, LOVE the passive aggressive, the "I'm a good person who doesn't swear, but I'm now going to throw out 10 articulately put insults. But don't worry, I said them without swearing, so I'm not a horrible person who generalises and categorises people based on their background and ethnicity". Charming one aren't you :smile:

:lol: would rep. I genuinely think he's a sociopath.
Original post by leinad2012
Ahhh @i<3milkshake AGAIN failing to respond to my completely reasonable post, yet another person ignoring the problems and pretending they don't exist.

Guessing his daddy is an accountant :colone:

I have given the three of you enough time with this post earlier on;
(Post 100)
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3692755&page=5

You lot completely reasonable? Apart from your incredible bitterness and jealousy, your inability to express yourself without swearing, your blatant racism towards someone else, your ability to always blame others for your failings...

Yep. Perfectly reasonable people here. If you consider telling black people they are going to rob people and eat fried chicken "completely reasonable" then I feel sorry for you. I mean if this is the height of your intellect, the best you three can get together to produce (and that you proudly present it as some logical post others are fearful of addressing) then no wonder I laugh at you.

Yes, I am pretending the problem doesn't exist. As I said earlier, ignoring chavs is the best option to take.

You bet my dad is an accountant? No, I am. My dad is more successful than me but not an accountant. Neither of us went to a private school, he was working class, and so on. But I'm glad you think someone should be ashamed of being an accountant. It again proves me earlier points about how doing well for yourself is somehow something to be mocked for:biggrin:
You are all on my ignore list. When you make a genuinely sensible argument that isn't some bitter, jealous, excuse finding, racist, obscene and crass rant then perhaps I might actually bother reading it let alone responding.

Original post by queen-bee
Education just isn't for everyone,I blame laziness and parents who aren't too bothered to do anything about it

You are partly right. These people do indeed exhibit these traits in this thread, seen by their mocking of the successful and derision of parents who care about their children. However, it is like I have also said due to other factors like being a bitter, jealous, twisted racist who has some kind of voluntary tourettes.
Reply 118
It's not really that deep. Many children do not like school (there's not much to like, in fairness). Some children are less likely than others to put up with things they don't like.
Lower class people underachieve in general. Look at Pakistanis, Bangladeshi or Blacks. The only ethnic groups who are able to "move upwards" are several Asian ethnic groups (Arabs, Non-Muslim South Asians, East Asians).

Latest

Trending

Trending