The Student Room Group

Do you own both a mobile phone and an Ipod?

Since mobile phones these days often have capabilities to play back mp3 files, why do you own a separate ipod such as the ipod touch if you have a phone that can play music?
because money ain't a thanggg fam
I got an ipod before I got a smartphone. So that's why I have both... (but since 1 is obsolete, I don't use it :tongue:)
Reply 3
Yup, had my 4th gen iPod Touch for 5 years now :smile: it's kind of a permanent accessory for my car now though, so I have music both on that and on my phone
Reply 4
I've had iPods in the past but since the newer phones have a greater storage I find its easier to just have it all in one place! As well, when playing music on my iPhone it doesn't affect the battery too much (surprisingly enough) so thats not really an issue either. In my eyes there are no cons to using your phone for both but I also understand using an iPod too :h:
Reply 5
Because I got my Ipod before I bought my first phone :fluffy:

When you can have 10,000 songs on an ipod, and your phone's memory is as full up as mine, they're a logical possession :giggle:

The Ipod is rather old now... :moon:
no, i just got an samsung galaxy s3
I have both because I like to keep my music and games seperate from my phone, I don't know that's just me, i've had both for about 5 years since I was 12 and I don't know I just prefer it that way..i have ipod touch 5g and samsung galaxy a3

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
ipod nano and iphone crew
I used to have both until I got an iPhone, then just started getting larger capacity phones rather than two devices.
I have an iPod classic which is almost full :O Don't think my poor Samsung S4 mini would cope if I tried putting all that music on there :tongue:
Original post by Alexion
Yup, had my 4th gen iPod Touch for 5 years now :smile: it's kind of a permanent accessory for my car now though, so I have music both on that and on my phone

Sounds cool! :smile:

So you own two phones but use one as an ipod and the other normally ahahaha! Whatever floats your boat my friend. I find having one phone and a separate ipod good for many benefits including battery, functionality and the sense of separation.

Original post by alxlg
I've had iPods in the past but since the newer phones have a greater storage I find its easier to just have it all in one place! As well, when playing music on my iPhone it doesn't affect the battery too much (surprisingly enough) so thats not really an issue either. In my eyes there are no cons to using your phone for both but I also understand using an iPod too :h:

Depends on what you class as greater storage. the iphone 5s only goes up to 32gb which for many is not adequate enough. Also for others battery depletes faster too and the speed of the phone itself decreases. But yes i do agree that having both is just as fine as the opposite :wink:

Original post by Neuth
Because I got my Ipod before I bought my first phone :fluffy:When you can have 10,000 songs on an ipod, and your phone's memory is as full up as mine, they're a logical possession :giggle:The Ipod is rather old now... :moon:

I agree also, treat yourself to a new ipod :wink: you deserve it!

Original post by CaitlinN15
I have both because I like to keep my music and games separate from my phone, I don't know that's just me, i've had both for about 5 years since I was 12 and I don't know I just prefer it that way..i have ipod touch 5g and samsung galaxy a3Posted from TSR Mobile

Likewise I have both and couldn't agree with you more. The latest gen ipod (6th) is superb btw! Such a cool little device, that takes the strain of having a single phone to do all the work.
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I have an iPod classic which is almost full :O Don't think my poor Samsung S4 mini would cope if I tried putting all that music on there :tongue:

Yes i know that fete all too well. My current android just can't deal with all the songs, pictures and apps. After getting the latest ipod touch, I will get the iphone 5s next year when my sim-only runs out. Apple are just so awesome lol.

Quick Reply

Latest