The Student Room Group

What do you think of a gap tooth ?

I used to have one and I got rid of it because I thought i would look better without it. It was a medium sized one, not small but not particularly big but it was obviously noticeable. I do feel more confident without it but I am not sure if it enhanced my appearance, or made me look 'better' without it. So guys, would a gap tooth make a girl less attractive, or does it not matter?
(edited 8 years ago)
lol not at all appealing
Get the London look :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
lol not at all appealing

Would It turn you off the person even if you found them attractive?
Original post by queen-bee
Get the London look :wink:

It is pretty damn unattractive. But one aspect of one's appearance is never going to be enough to make somehow ugly alone.
I think it's ok on a girl but unattractive for a guy to have one...idk why..
I thought gaps in teeth were fashionable right now.
Reply 8
Original post by connieiscrazy
I thought gaps in teeth were fashionable right now.

clearly not with the amount of people that find it ugly.
Original post by loveleest
I used to have one and I got rid of it because I thought i would look better without it. It was a medium sized one, not small but not particularly big but it was obviously noticeable. I do feel more confident without it but I am not sure if it enhanced my appearance, or made me look 'better' without it. So guys, would a gap tooth make a girl less attractive, or does it not matter?

I have a small gap, has never bothered me or anyone else :smile:
It depends entirely on your personality
Reply 11
Original post by TorpidPhil
It is pretty damn unattractive. But one aspect of one's appearance is never going to be enough to make somehow ugly alone.

so if you saw a girl who was attractive then realised she had a gap would it turn you completely off
Reply 12
I actually think it suits some people. If anything, I don't find aesthetically perfect people that attractive.
Reply 13
Original post by cherryred90s
I have a small gap, has never bothered me or anyone else :smile:

lucky you. I had the most horrible comments made about my gap in school. Maybe because yours is small which is why it is not much an issue?
Original post by TorpidPhil

This
so if you saw a girl who was attractive then realised she had a gap would it turn you completely off

No it would not be a complete turn off - it doesn't automatically make someone unattractive. Jeez, I'm not that superficial lol and most people aren't.

However, you very most likely do look quite a bit more attractive now you've sorted it out.
clearly not with the amount of people that find it ugly.

It depends who has the gap. If it's a fashion model or beautiful celebrity, it's seen as 'cute' or 'quirky'.
lucky you. I had the most horrible comments made about my gap in school. Maybe because yours is small which is why it is not much an issue?

Yeah, mines small. The only comments I got about my teeth were how white they are, which I found weird because they don't seem that white to me, maybe it's because I'm black lol. Erm yea, that's a shame that you were teased. Embrace it :biggrin:
Reply 18
Original post by cherryred90s
Yeah, mines small. The only comments I got about my teeth were how white they are, which I found weird because they don't seem that white to me, maybe it's because I'm black lol. Erm yea, that's a shame that you were teased. Embrace it :biggrin:

too late to embrace it. I got rid off mines

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending