The Student Room Group

FP3 | Hyperbolic Functions help!

I tried to search online but couldn't make sense of anything... Please could someone guide me through this, I have no clue

_20151101_191848.JPG
Reply 1
Original post by Alpha Beta Gamma
I tried to search online but couldn't make sense of anything... Please could someone guide me through this, I have no clue

_20151101_191848.JPG

wow
not making sense of anything ....
Do you know sinh x ?
Original post by TeeEm
wow
not making sense of anything ....
Do you know sinh x ?

Its the first part that im struggling with i know d/dx of sinhx = coshx >0 but not sure where to go from there
Reply 3
Its the first part that im struggling with i know d/dx of sinhx = coshx >0 but not sure where to go from there

A function is an increasing function is its gradient is positive
Original post by TeeEm
A function is an increasing function is its gradient is positive

How do i show this for sinh x?
Well the derivative of sinh x is cosh x which is always >= 0 and this means it is an increasing function. As for the point of inflection set d/dx and d^2/dx^2 of sinh x = 0 to find the value of x at which the point of inflection is. The last part, use the exponential form to solve for x, which should be simple enough.
Reply 6
How do i show this for sinh x?

Original post by John.C
Well the derivative of sinh x is cosh x which is always >= 0 and this means it is an increasing function. As for the point of inflection set d/dx and d^2/dx^2 of sinh x = 0 to find the value of x at which the point of inflection is. The last part, use the exponential form to solve for x, which should be simple enough.

As John.C is evicting me I will leave you to his capable hands.
All the best
Original post by John.C

Its clear teeEm wasnt really getting what i was saying, thank you so much for clearing it up!
Reply 8
Its clear teeEm wasnt really getting what i was saying, thank you so much for clearing it up!

It is clear that you lack manners as well as mathematical intelligence.
Good luck kid
(already on my refuse to help list)
Original post by TeeEm
It is clear that you lack manners as well as mathematical intelligence.
Good luck kid
(already on my refuse to help list)

Im sure this site is so people can help eachother? And for the refrence you were rude to me not the other way around
Im sure this site is so people can help eachother? And for the refrence you were rude to me not the other way around

Wow immaturity to the max lmao.

His last line was "all the best" before you said "Its clear teeEm wasnt really getting what i was saying". What was the need for that?
Original post by Student403
Wow immaturity to the max lmao.

His last line was "all the best" before you said "Its clear teeEm wasnt really getting what i was saying". What was the need for that?
well it was the truth?, no disrespect but its clear he wasnt getting what i was saying
well it was the truth?, no disrespect but its clear he wasnt getting what i was saying

There was disrespect. You never thanked him and clearly tried to make a negative contrast between him and the other person helping you.

Anyway, if that's how you handle people helping you, I can only wish you good luck.. Lol
Reply 13

Er no, he was "getting what you were saying" and he gave you a hint to help you. You seemed to expect someone to give you the answer on a plate, which is not what this site is for!

Tbh the question you've posted is a pretty straightforward one once you have the background knowledge, so you shouldn't need to be googling anything provided you've been through the concepts in class (unless you're self-teaching, of course, in which case it would be polite to say so because then we can try to help more by establishing what your current level of knowledge is :smile: )

Quick Reply

Latest